Lovely Buttons.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Buttons.........

Does anyone else collect buttons? I have quite a nice collection now that I have bought either at charity shops, on Ebay, and just once I found some at a car boot sale. I have even split them up into different colours and patterned ones, and the prettiest ones of all are in a special bag with 'do not use' on it, and I take these out every now and again to admire them! Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves buttons - my husband thinks I'm a bit strange, and I have to tell him that buttons are things of beauty!

Nah, not at all, buttons for your and paper for me...I've got some embroidered paper and glittered paper I won't use either! We used to live in Ross-on-Wye, i'm not sure if it's still there but there used to be a button museum in the middle of the town...have you been there?
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

It's nice to hear that other people get attached to things too! No, I'd not heard of the button museum (have been to Ross-on-Wye too, I'm from Worcester), though I saw one on the internet that was in America, and had a giant button outside (my kind of place, I thought!)

Comment

Nice, I use to collect buttons for years...now where did I put them all ...

Comment

I remember on Antiques Roadshow there was a lady on there who had a vast collection, they visited her home and it was amazing what she had, rooms overtaken, up the stairs, in the attic, boxes and framed ones too. I think Flog It went to some lady's house too...
          Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

it's ok you are not mad!!!

i too am a button addict !!!!!
            i do sell some of my buttons but i find it hard to let them go !!!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x

maximumrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Comment

I pretty much collect anything shiny, buttons, beads, findings, shoes, handbags....... that's it I think, although looking at my spare room at the moment, you would think I also collect dust
              www.beadlab.com

Comment

I love buttons - got a fab stash at the charity shop the other day - if you look here you will see what I mean!
                Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Wow Swirlyarts, button heaven!!!!! That's the sort of thing I can only dream of finding

Comment

I have a bit of a thing for buttons !!! I have some really old ones that i would never part with !!
                    My OH thinks im a bit odd collecting buttons but i do use lots of buttons on my corsages !!
                    allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

i have some really horrible buttons which i'll probably throw out soon, but i have managed to create quite a fine collection of military and anchor buttons, and theyre in a special little bag in a box with all my other special shiny spangly bits! I get them from charity shops and antique markets mainly, and i seem to have some sort of button sense, as i can tell when there is a really good button lurking on a stall somewhere! I also have some really nice gold ones with big gold bows on, I LOVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BOWS!!! and anchors actually....
                      hmmmm....
                      and im only 19, i dread to think how cluttered my home will be in many years to come! Im an awful magpie!!
                      Rudi

Comment

I've got a thing about buttons too !! So much so that to satisfy my craving for them, I had to start stocking them on my website !! I've got a gorgeous range of hand painted ceramic ones if anyone wants to add to their own collections
                        Sarah
                        For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

It's great finding other people who like buttons, Saraeden. I looked at your links too, and you make the most gorgeous things!!!

Comment

Thank you so much Mrs shneebly , its so nice to know people like your work !!

I was just going to ask has anybody else been to the Manchester art gallery ... they have a button exhibition there ?
                            allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

Working...
                            X