• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beckyboo
    Mega Crafter
    • Jan 2008

The best things about getting older....

This September I reach the big 4 0

and during one of my low "oh my god I don't want to be 40" moments I sat and thought about how having a few more years behind me has changed me
    1. I no longer feel the need to wear a full face of makeup just to nip to the shops
    2.I no longer totter round on crippling painful high shoes,I am quite comfy in my little pumps now
    3.I can finally admit to other people I really do love to listen to Dolly Parton,Barry Manilow and yes even Tom Jones on occasion
    4.I don't work myself into a frenzy to have an immaculate house 24/7 , accept me as I am
    5. The petty fall outs I had with people over the years don't seem so important anymore and bridges have been built with old friends
    6.Although the extra weight I carry can still bother me it shouldn't stop me from being who I am at heart

so maybe it won't be so bad...........but I will still have a little cry on the day,lol
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
    my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
    my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

• goldy1
    Super Big Crafter
    • Nov 2006

I became 40 in November of last year didn't bother me at all.

I am still dressing the way I did when I was 20.
    Never have worn makeup unless a special ocasion.
    Loved Barry since the 80's and am proud of it. Took a lot of flack over the years. (but not one of those over the top fans). to all that ridicule
    Never realy been one of the house proud brigade life is too short.

So since turning 40 nothings changed realy. Don't worry life ain't gona come to a halt. Enjoy
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

• ladyrat
      100+ crafts club
      • Apr 2008

I'll be 40 next birthday and your sentiments say exactly how I feel!!
      Trish

Comment

• SusieQ
        Super Big Crafter
        • Jan 2008

I wish I WAS 40!!!! SUE XXX
        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

• Seahorse
          Super Moderator
          Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
          • Jun 2005

I love Barry M and Im 32!!Saw Copacabana film a few years back and realised what a genius he is.

Getting older is fab!!
          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

• Poppy4lee
            500+ Crafters Club
            • May 2007

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
            I wish I WAS 40!!!! SUE XXX
            So do I but, then again, I didn't meet my fantastic OH until I was 44, so maybe being 50 has it's upside
            Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

• Critchley
              Super Moderator
              Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
              • Jun 2008

I think you care less as you get older about all the 30ish important things so by the time you are in your 80's you dont give a fig. (I nearly swore).
              It is so nice to get away with so much!!!
              PS Not that I am 80 of course.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

• Pagan
                Super crafter
                • Apr 2008

when I turned 40, my daughter bought me a t-shirt that said

I'm not 40....I'm 20 with 20 years experience

I love my daughter lol
                www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

• auntynet
                  Mega Crafter
                  • Jun 2008

My 40th birthday was one of the best days of my life. I got married.

and on the rare occasion I'm worrying about being my age I just tell myself I'm 27 and a few months . . . . . . . 199 months to be exact.
                  Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

• Selina
                    Super crafter
                    • Dec 2007

I am 41 now and am absolutely loving my 40's. I tell people that I lost one of my best friends age 30, (she would have loved to be 40), you should celebrate the fact that you are alive to live it, and live it you should. Do everything you want, spend all your money and have the most fab time, unless anyone can prove me wrong I'm on this earth once and I'm going to have the time of my life!!!! Enjoy!! Selina

Comment

• Ifor-Jones
                      Super Big Crafter
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                      I am 41 now and am absolutely loving my 40's. I tell people that I lost one of my best friends age 30, (she would have loved to be 40), you should celebrate the fact that you are alive to live it, and live it you should. Do everything you want, spend all your money and have the most fab time, unless anyone can prove me wrong I'm on this earth once and I'm going to have the time of my life!!!! Enjoy!! Selina
                      I agree totally. For one who is just 2 yrs short of the 60 I don't think there is anything to worry about being 40. Life begins etc!!
                      Cynthia
                      http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

• silvermaid
                        Mega Crafter
                        • Aug 2007

I really had a hard time coming to terms with being 40 I kept saying to my DH that I didn't want to be 40 but he reminded me that if I didn't reach 40 I wouldn't be here at all. It put it into prospective a bit then.
                        I think I finally grew up at 40, I realised I was old enough to complain and not to take things lying down any more. I then went through a few months being very ballshie, saying exactly what I thought to family and friends and complaining in shops etc about poor service and uninterested shop assistants. I ended up being a bit OTT and rude so I had to pull the reins in a bit.
                        I recently had my half century ( it sounds more of an achievement than 50) and although I didn't feel like celebrating - as I had just lost my darling MIL to Leukimia - I just felt very lucky for all the things I have in my life.

I still feel 35 though.

Melanie

Comment

• Focus on Life
                          Super Big Crafter
                          • Jan 2008

Ooh, I echo all your examples, comfy shoes, no make up unless I really wanna wear it for something special, not worrying so much about what other people think or want etc

I was 42 in June and am loving my 40's. Mind you, I did make a major life change at 38 and came out of a relationship that started when I was only 17 so I'm loving not knowing whats in my future - making new paths - of my own choosing and all that - wonderful!

You enjoy yourself whatever you do on the day, youth is definitely a state of mind and attitude

Shaz x
                          Keepsake Kollections
                          & Rossendale Ramblings!
                          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

• craftyfoxni
                            100+ crafts club
                            • Aug 2007

snap shaz i was 42 in february and i love it - the make up only helps the wrinkles and as for the heels well wearing safty boots in work all day soon put an end to them and as for what other people think i was always a bit deaf on one side , i had a really bad health scare after i had my first son at 32 and vowed then to live life to the full and enjoy my boys and do the things that i want to do - on the other hand OH was 40 in june and has been a pain in the butt more like a grumpy teenager than a mautre adult and has gone through a faze of buying cars and that we don't need and not doing as he's asked because he thinks his way is better and then huffing when he has to do it the other way ...... sorry i was starting to ramble hopefuly it won't last much longer and he will snap out of it and start to enjoy the 40's
                            while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

• janetdc
                              Super crafter
                              • Jan 2008

I echo Selina's comments. One of my friends died on the Marchioness and she too would have had a ball being 40. I dont love everything about getting older but it sure beats not getting older!
                              www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                              www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Working...
                              X