Tuggle are no more!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuggle are no more!!!!!

Don't know if anyone else has heard but I've just received an email from them announcing that they will cease trading as of 24th of June, apparantley, due to increasing debts and low income.
    Natalie
    website blog

Yep, me to!

Soooooooooo do I get a refund on my £199 subscription, I wonder?? Suspect not.

I`m sorry it hasn`t worked out though. It`s another nail in the coffin.

Comment

Tuggle

I've had the email too. It also says we won't get our subscription back, I wonder where we stand legally with this and if anyone knows would appreciate some advice.

Cheers
      www.fabricandbags.co.uk
      http://fabricandbags.blogspot.com

http://fabricandbags.misi.co.uk

http://fabricandbags.artfire.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fabric...gs/73635218031

Comment

I very much doubt it.

Sounds like Tuggle will have gone into liquidation so I imagine any debts will get paid first (think IR have first shout) if there are any funds available. As Tuggle don`t hold any stock, I shouldn`t think there`s anything to liquidate so therefore no funds to pay any debts.

I`m just talking off the top of my head at the mo, tho.A friend is currently considering putting her company into liquidation hence the little bit of knowledge I have.

Comment

Well, I guess we were due to get that email at some point, I'm gutted but I can't say I'm surprised. Still, no more wondering if this was the week I'd get an order through from Tuggle. I'm sorry for Jasmyne and her family. Can't say I'm all that happy at losing the subscription fee though.
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

Hi,

I have just joined today when I googled after getting the email from Tuggle, to say I'm gutted is a understatement Ihad my first order last week and had problems with that due to the burglary at Tuggle.

It's a shame it's gone as it was such a good idea surley they could off communicated it better.

Manda
            My hats can be seen in my album

Comment

Originally posted by manda View Post
              Hi,

I have just joined today when I googled after getting the email from Tuggle, to say I'm gutted is a understatement Ihad my first order last week and had problems with that due to the burglary at Tuggle.

It's a shame it's gone as it was such a good idea surley they could off communicated it better.

Manda
              Never heard about the burglary.
              Amanda
              xx

Comment

Burglary...me neither!

Comment

We have been the victims of two burglaries in the last 11 days which has caused chaos to say the least. We are working as quickly as we can to catch up on the back log of emails
                  This was from a email dated the 13th when my order failed to come through for a few days my last coomunication was on the 17th and it was about the new developments to the site so no clue at all.
                  My hats can be seen in my album

Comment

Originally posted by manda View Post
                    This was from a email dated the 13th when my order failed to come through for a few days my last coomunication was on the 17th and it was about the new developments to the site so no clue at all.
                    All very strange? I hope you got your order in the end manda?
                    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                    ___

Comment

tuggle no more

I just got an email too and i am so dissapointed ,i was with tuggle for a while and didnt even get 1 sale,i dont think they advertised enough at all,in search,google,magazines,advertisements,they didnt invest the money enough to advertise they pocketed it instead,i believe it was formed originaly by a handful of jewelery makers? I will never join a similiar site again thats for sure,seems they can just out themselves into liquidation and keep all memberships monies etc???? unfair and unjustified,i would like to say im sorry to see them go but i think their service was disapointing as far as publication is concerned,if they hadnt been so greedy in the first place and just charged per listing like most successful sites do then they would have had a much larger interest and hundreds more subscribers and sellers like the great site i use,poor organisation,trying to make a fast buck,theyv lost out so much it could have been huge and they could have been rolling in it if they hadnt been so eager to get peoples money,sorry just blarting as i am also very angry and dissapointed! Im sorry for everyone that lost out on this x
                      Last edited by sockmonkeyjungle; 24-06-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I was with Tuggle since Feb and I didn't get a sale either. Who did?? Everytime I went on there it was sooooooooooo slow and I have to say i was not that surprised when I got the email this afternoon.

Where did all the money go to then cos it seems alot of us paid over the odds and the website wasn't the most professional one I have seen due to how many people were selling on there!

I agree that they should have just took a % of the sales (then again what sales??) and not a lump sum up front as a lot of us took a chance hoping for the best only for it to turn out for the worst!!

Oh well at least we know better now!

Donna x
                        www.kistjewellery.com

Comment

Just added to Tuggle's blog type thing is

Following a refund for the part payment of the new website the accountants have authorised funds for the full refunds of memberships taken in the last 28days.If this applies to you please contact [email protected]

Unfortunately my membership was started at the beginning of May.

However they did say in their email to me that my annual membership would run from August so in theory my time so far should have been free!

I will be emailing them in any event.
                          LC's Beads
                          http://www.freewebs.com/lcsbeads
                          http://www.lcsbeads.folksy.com
                          http://www.lcsbeads.misi.co.uk
                          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?v=wall&ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by LC's Beads View Post
                            Just added to Tuggle's blog type thing is

Following a refund for the part payment of the new website the accountants have authorised funds for the full refunds of memberships taken in the last 28days.If this applies to you please contact [email protected]

Unfortunately my membership was started at the beginning of May.

However they did say in their email to me that my annual membership would run from August so in theory my time so far should have been free!

I will be emailing them in any event.
                            I think this is absolutely the right thing to do. I'm sorry for others who wont get refunds, myself included, everyone should because the site has never really functioned properly but to take new members in the last month was wrong. I'm glad at least some people will see their money again.
                            Amanda
                            xx

Comment

Well, I'll be.....

And I was only thinking to myself at lunchtime, I really ought to get on to the Tuggle site and update my prices and stuff.

I haven't had an email though.

It is a shame, and I do worry a bit because I have some other people's products listed on my site and the sales for those products have been slow, but I never asked anybody to pay me an up-front fee, I just want to give my customers (and crafty colleagues) more choice.

Self promotion is hard, I'm always keeping my eyes and ears out for any opportunities and some come to something, and some don't.

Anyway, I'm waffling a bit now, but it is a pity.

Hmmmm, it does mean however that there is a gap in the market ....... mutter, mutter....
                              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X