No announcement yet.

OMG - can't believe it last week of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG - can't believe it last week of....

.....my 30's. I am the big 40 on Sunday - now how can that be when I still feel like a teenager (wish I looked like it too though!!!).

Having said that I did a silly old aged thing yesterday!!! Got a fabby slicer thingy from QVC and it is great. We were having a barbeque yesterday for fathers day and were having family and friends round. Had spent the whole weekend preparing the food and decided to slice some onions with my handy dandy slicer but was too lazy to bother using the hand guard - can you guess what happened - a trip to A&E and 5 stitches later!!! Man that slicer is good, slices everything, carrots, onions, thumbs you name it!!! Feeling really sorry for myself and sore!!!

Ow well that's what happens when you are nearly 40!!

Hehe.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Hope your O.K
    These things are so dangerous ! I always wanted one but I just know there would be blood everywhere.

Hope your feeling better soon and your wee thumb recovers /grows back but being as your you I bet the party was fabby.

Look after yourself you have to be all fit and healthy for Sunday. Anything special planned or is it one big SURPRISE

Cheers Janice
    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Yep Janice the party was great - shot down to A&E with blood running up my arm (Tony couldn't get it to stop bleeding). Luckily it was quiet in and out in an hour straight back up the road and do you know it is amazing how much of an anaesthetic booze is!!!!

I have to admit the slicer is great and it does tell you to use the guard so all my own fault - you should have heard the slagging I got!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Glad your O.K just dont do anything else daft this week.

J x
        www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

I know exactly how you feel about the big 4..0 thing. It's my 40th in November and I have no idea how it has crept up on me like it has!! It feels like about 2-3 years ago that I turned 30..not 10!!
          Anice xx
          Funkyhand x
          my website
          http://www.funkyhand.com
          my blog (updated 09/06/10)
          http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
          Follow me on Twitter
          http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Poor you!!!! Bet your thumb is sore this morning!!!! Put your feet up, have a coffee and be an invalid for a few days!!! Sue xx
            http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh no Lisa
              Hope your thumb is better soon. xx Is it going to stop you from crafting?
              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
              ___

Comment

Originally posted by incywincy View Post
                Oh no Lisa
                Hope your thumb is better soon. xx Is it going to stop you from crafting?
                It is a bit - you don't realise just how much you use your thumb until it is sore - I couldn't even fasten my watch this morning and doing up buttons was a joke just wanting to get home and feel sorry for myself!!

Thanks for the sympathy guys I really need it this morning with sore thumb and hitting 40!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Happy 40th Lisa. hope your not too sore to be crafty what what? Age is just a number darl, its sill you in there but a tad more life experience eh? Well thats what i tell myself ha ha!!! xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

hope your thumbs stopped throbbing i found 30 more scary than 40 ive only got 2 and a bit years and im 50 that is scary the same year my oldest daughter will be 30 and that feels a lot worse as having a daughter that age makes me feel ancient but apart from the aches and pains i dont feel any older happy 40th and enjoy yourself safely
                    Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Those bloomin slicers should be banned - my DH also sliced his finger on first use!

Anyway, dont worry about age Lisa.... all is not lost (apart from that bit of thumb flesh..yuk) - havent you heard that 40 is the NEW 30 so you are much younger than you think
                      Mel

Comment

Hey Lisa not so much of the old wait till your my age then you know about being old lol

Anyway hope your thumb heals quickly.

xxxxx
                        Pauline

GroovyCart
                        Folksy
                        MISI
                        Ehive

Comment

OUCH!!!! Hope your thumb feels better soon.

As for turning 40 - I liked being 27 so much that I stayed there and I've now celebrated my 27th birthday 17 times so far!

Having said that, I really pushed the boat out for my 40th........ I got married that day and 3 and a half years later I can honestly say it was the best birthday ever.
                          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hope your thumb is not too sore, those things really are lethal. Got to tell you being forty is fab I think!!! I'm 41 and loving it!! Loved my thirties too for that matter, but its just a number that everyone who isn't 40 thinks you should have a problem with!!, enjoy!! Selina

Comment

Working...
                            X