Spam from Paypal and EBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam from Paypal and EBay

I know there has been a couple of threads going around reference spam and pishing mail from paypal and ebay and I get a couple a week in my spam box from both of these, but this week I have had different one's and I just wanted to pass on the 'latest'!

Two in the last 3 days from paypal telling me that a further email address had been added and I was to log in to confirm this....both were sent direct to [email protected] where they replied letting me know they were indeed pishing mail!!

The one's from ebay were in the form of a member asking me how I was going to pay for an item I had purchased!!! I myself have not used ebay for a while now and wondering if hubby had got something but rather than click anywhere on that email, I went into my ebay account and searched and of course there was nothing there.............that email was then sent to [email protected]

Just wanted to mention this in case it really is a new way of spamming!!

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Just wanted to mention this in case it really is a new way of spamming!!

Pauline
    Hi Pauline,

These arn't new.. basically ignore all email regarding paypal ebay or banks..
    NEVER click on links in emails regarding any of the above.

I wouldn't even both reporting them as I get over 50 of these **** emails every day.. ****mer use [email protected] yourdomain.com and [email protected] and [email protected] so ignore those emails again..

Best way to do things is have a web form on your site that doesn't show your email and then you know these are real messages also only use email address that are odd for paypal and ebay e.g. [email protected]

Of course the big no no is to publish your email as text on your site or on forums.. Your asking for spam then ..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I don't have my email on my website, its as you say a form for contacting me. I think its from directories which I really must find the time to go through and sort out.

Will be changing my server soon and losing present email address so hopefully should put a stop to a lot of it.

Normally I just delete spam that comes from ebay and paypal (and so many others ) but these one were new to me and possibly could be new for others........wanted to pass it on but thanks for letting me know they are not new

Pauline
      Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Its great to remind newbies 100%..

If you are contacting a site you know nothing about like a directory then use a email account for that purpose..

For example I have a paypal address that is only used for paypal and nothing else..
        Its really good to have a few email accounts with levels of potential spam..
        e.g. mypaypal = virutally 0 spam .. (use for paypal)
        myname = mid spam (personal)
        info = mid to high spam (general info)
        directory = high spam (submitting to directories or site you don't know)

This normally takes about 10mins to setup and worth it..

Hope that helps..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

There is such a lot of this type of spam going about and to be honest it is so very professional it can be easy to get suckered in. Best bit of advice (and this was from Mr Media) given was to never ever reply or click on the e-mail instead go straight to ebay, paypal whoever and see if they have sent you an e-mail because this will always always be stored on your folder with them.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X