Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the day job?!

Following on from *Karen*s thread....

Those of you, like me, who don't craft full time, what's your day job?!

I work in marketing so am lucky that it's creative. I'm Assistant Brand Manager and so do loads of things from the website, to advertising and new product development...it's good fun but very hard work!

What do you do?

Cxx
    Love LittleGems x
    http://LittleGemsUK.etsy.com
    www.truly-handmade.co.uk

im a teaching assitant and dinner lady i love working with the kids they are so funny !
    wendy xx
    my blog... http://thatpersonaltouchcards.blogspot.com

Comment

DH and I run a dairy farm together so we are both self employed ( overworked and underpaid ) I do all the form filling and accounts, help out with the cows when needed, feed calves, the occasional bit of milking, calving, getting cows out of 10 foot deep ditches -yesterdays job - and fetching supplies. Oh and chief cook and bottle washer.
      On the census form I put Farm Administrator Hee Hee but I am actually a glorified go-fer.

Melanie

Comment

I work at a university

Visit my blog!
        http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
        www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

My main job is accounts in an art and craft shop, which is fantastic with the 20% off all the craft items.

I am also the art and craft class coordinator so I can be very creative in choosing what to do and I also end up going on a lot of the classes too!
          Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
          www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

I work for a text answering service called Any Questions Answered (if you google it you'll find them). It's fun (if you like football trivia, train timetables & lonely hearts columns!) & I get to work from home which is great for me as I have 2 little boys to manage too.
            Ali
            xx

My Crafty Blog
            Craft Matters at Etsy

Comment

Maths teacher but currently not one as I am going to be moving in 2 weeks time!
              Trish

Comment

Originally posted by peggyprints View Post
                I work at a university
                Which one my Oh works at Manchester uni.

I am a schoolcrossing patrol . lots of spare time to craft.lol when I'm not visiting schools giving safety talks.
                "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I did run my jewellery business full time up until this week when I found out I've been offered a part-time job as a visual merchandiser for a jewellery company. Its perfect only 5 hours a week, with the opportunity of more hours.

It allows me to carry on with my own work but also gives me a break so I don't get fed up of it.
                  Sarah x

Muddle Website
                  Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

I work in project coordination in automotive business services. The job is a bit dry at times as I do a lot of data analysis & spreadsheet work, but it's a great firm to work for, so I've stayed here for a whole 10 years!!!

I was really touched recently, for my 10 years service at the beginning of May the company gave me £100 of vouchers for a shop of my choice, and paid for a meal at a restaurant for me and OH.

I would love to turn jewellery making / design or even painting into a full time job, but realistically it will never pay the bills so will remain a hobby. (My paintings will never ever be good enough to sell anyway!!)

Claire
                    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Occupational Therapist by day, Mum, chief cook and bottlewasher and doll maker by night!

Sue
                      www.susiedolls.com
                      www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Show us your paintings lady luck - I bet they're beautiful!

Cxx
                        Love LittleGems x
                        http://LittleGemsUK.etsy.com
                        www.truly-handmade.co.uk

Comment

I like that some people work in creatice jobs...ahhh, the life!

I have just got a job as a support/project worker working for a massive housing group. I'll be supporting the young single mums. I cant wait till i get started properly.

s.x
                          Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

What, only 24 hours in a day!

My day job, I work as a Senior Environmental Test Engineer providing the test conditions for testing Spacecraft and Spacecraft mechanisms, The rest of the Time I take photographs for leading merchandises.

I..
                            www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

Comment

Well I do work full time with my various sites...but...I think I'm going to go back to work as a bar manager. I kind of miss the social aspect of working there-the only people I get to talk to during the day at the mo are Phil, Fern and the girls at the PO!
                              Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                              Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                              Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X