Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've had a migraine every day this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a migraine every day this week!

Just as it says! Since last sunday, I have had had a migraine everyday, usually about an hour after I wake and for a good few hours after that. I've taken loads of solphadiene (Sp!) and neurofen...not all at once I might add...lol! Migraines are EVIL

I thought it was lack of sleep, but i've had some good zeds the last few nights. i've booked in for an eye test, I think that might be the problem! maybe i need some super strength specs...I hope its nothing worse!

So thats my bit of self pity out the way! lol

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Poor you I hope you get the headaches sorted out soon. Ive never had a migrane but my daugter has and she suffers quite badly with them, so you have my sympathy.

Heather
    www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
    for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
    www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
    craftyaddicts blog site
    www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
    My personal blog
    http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Sorry to hear about the migrains!! I don't want to panic you here but I suddenly started getting migraines and couldn't understand why. I was feeling tired all the time too. I went to see my lovely doc and he was surprised that my blood pressure had gone very high!! I am now on tablets and I feel so much better!!! Don't know why this happened as I am really very healthy!!!! Go to your doctor to put your mind at rest. Sue xx
      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Migraine sufferer here. I have a migraine for a couple of days in a row every month at 'that time of the month'. Bananas and fresh pineapple (not together) seem to ease it for me, helped along by the odd migraleve or two!! Here is a soup recipe that helps relieve migraine. It's worth a try!

Migraine relief

Chamomile, cauliflower and lemon soup
        Serves 4

2 pints veg stock
        6 chamomile teabags
        1 large cauliflower trimmed and roughly chopped
        1oz butter
        1 onion chopped
        2 celery sticks chopped
        Juice of one lemon
        Chamomile flowers chives or lemon slices to garnish

• Put the stock and tea bags into a pan and boil for 5 mins.
        • Remove teabags squeezing excess liquid into the pan
        • Add the cauliflower to the pan, cover and boil for 15 mins or until tender
        • Melt the butter in a small frying pan and sauté the onion and celery until the onions are translucent
        • Transfer to a food processor or blender with the cauliflower and stock and blend until smooth. Pour the soup back into the pan, season and add lemon juice to taste.
        • Serve with garnish
        Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
        Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
        Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Sympathy

Lots of sympathy Sophie, I hope you feel better soon. That soup sounds nice.
          Chris W.
          x
          Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Eeek! I just get bad headaches from time to time, so if they are worse than them, its not good!

I know Swirly suffers from migraines too. And my mum does.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Comment

I agree

Hi there, I agree with you migraines are EVIL. I started having them about 10 yrs ago & they seem to run in our family. My mum used to go to bed for 3 days at a time, not eat or drink just stay in bed. Good news she doesn't have them now & I only have them about 1 a month. I just find going to bed in the dark with a solpedine works for me. I remember once I thought I was getting a headache so took a paracetamol & had a lie down, 1/2hr later no better so took something else & in the end I had to phone the Dr to see if I could still take Zomig ( for migraine prescription only ) in case I was going to OD on anything. I do hope you feel better soon, perhaps in the funny weather as one of my pupils gets lots of headaches when it's like this & as the other lady said it may be low blood pressure. Feel better soon.
              My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Oh i get migranes occasionally. Mainly due to stress and the pill. Buts it mainly sorted now as i have finished uni and changed pill. They are so horrible though. Hope you get it sorted.
                Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

My sister used to getreally nasty ones but then started a course of St John's Wort after my mother died. It was a few months later that she realised that she had not had a migraine. Apparently it's a side effect of St John's Wort.
                  I like the idea of the soup - can you eat it even if you don't have a migraine?

Comment

Awww! thanks everyone, it lasted about 3 hours today! once it subsided, I had a load of fun making gloop with my 4yr old...

The soup sounds so incredibly yummy, although lemons give me a head ache...lmao given the topic! So i think i will swap it for lime...he he, I do this with all recipes that have lemons in! weird how i can cope with one citrus fruit but not the other!

Well, i'm fully basking in all the sympathy i've got today, since my fella hasnt given me any ...

thanks again everyone, you are all very lovely people!

s.x
                    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Men, huhh!

Comment

Oh migraines run in my family too - my mum suffers from them and they are horrible. I have to function through mine though as the girls still need looking after My brother in law suffers with them too and he swears by drinking a whole glass of caffeine free coke and then going to sleep - it works for him. I just try and snooze and hope that it helps. I know when mine are a migraine and not a headache as my face goes numb and my teeth hurt as well as my head.

P.S. Hope you don't get another one today!
                        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

I suffer with migraines too, the best advice I ever received was from a new doctor who told me to take 3 aspirin and lay down for a while. Works everytime for me and cheap too!!!

Gx

Comment

Pills

It is the worst pain that I ever had. I hope you get better soon.

My GP gave me Naramig. I have to take one pill during the attack. It works for me.
                            Visit my shop:House of Cherilli
                            Celebrity inspired jewellery

Comment

You have my sympathy too - have had a headache almost everyday this week (not migraine though - phew!) and then the twitchy eye thing yesterday. I was beginning to think it had something to do with weather/air pressure - you know like just before a thunder storm etc as it has been darn muggy here all week.
                              Mel

Comment

Working...
                              X