Northumbria County Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northumbria County Show

Just back from the Northumbria County Show.
    Sneaked over the border when no one was looking and had a great show.
    Massive thank you to Silly Old Bear for coming to visit me at the craft tent.
    It is so nice being a member of the forum and making new friends I really appreciated her coming to visit.

My things got a really possitive responce and hopefully will get new buisness from my wee trip futher afield. Plus a now know where Corbridge / Hexham are as I have only ever seen the signs for them on the A68.

Cheers Janice
    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Glad you had a good day Janice and hope your little jaunt brings in lots of new business for you. The furthest I got this weekend was Dunoon!!

Hehe.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Glad you enjoyed your country show; hope you get loads of new business from it. It's all about 'networking', isn't it?

I did 3 days at Chipping Steam Fair this weekend and, like you, got a positive response to my work, and loads of new ideas!
      Unfortunately, we were in a massive marquee and the wind really got up!!! We thought we were going to lose it at one point. Very scary!!!

And I'd hate to see what the carbon footprint was of that show - jet engines, traction engines, helicopter, ............ some people had to go home early because the fumes were making them ill. Shan't be doing it again next year!
      Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

Blimey, you and Sillyoldbear are now telepathically linked as well... you both started threads about the event mentioning each other at 09:09am today!!

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
          Blimey, you and Sillyoldbear are now telepathically linked as well... you both started threads about the event mentioning each other at 09:09am today!!

Si.
          Spooky .............

Comment

Glad you had a good day!. I was going to come over and see you aswell, but on Saturday morning I got this begging phone call from a friend who runs a local craft fair at Lanercost Priory saying she had been let down and would I please be able to take a stall on Monday. Me being the sort of person who finds it hard to say NO, I agreed!!!. Although I really wish I hadnt bothered. Lots of people came through the doors but not many seemed to be buying and I didnt take very much all day. Typical - you try to do a good turn.... Never mind, I was cheered up when I got home to find a nice order from my website, so the chinese was on me last night!.
            Do you think you are going to do Corbridge again next year?
            by Nicki
            www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

Originally posted by bynicki View Post
              Glad you had a good day!. I was going to come over and see you aswell, but on Saturday morning I got this begging phone call from a friend who runs a local craft fair at Lanercost Priory saying she had been let down and would I please be able to take a stall on Monday. Me being the sort of person who finds it hard to say NO, I agreed!!!. Although I really wish I hadnt bothered. Lots of people came through the doors but not many seemed to be buying and I didnt take very much all day. Typical - you try to do a good turn.... Never mind, I was cheered up when I got home to find a nice order from my website, so the chinese was on me last night!.
              Do you think you are going to do Corbridge again next year?
              Nicki
              I think I might but it was a long day. When I saw sillyold bear I hadn't taken much and thought it was going to be a disaster but it all happened in the last hour I got a box of buisness cards away so hopefully will get some comebacks as well.

Will you go next year ?

Comment

Brilliant! Considering how grotty the weather was!
                Trish

Comment

Originally posted by ladyrat View Post
                  Brilliant! Considering how grotty the weather was!

The weather was lovely up in Corbridge!
                  Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
                  Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
                  Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X