Does Anybody Speak Turkish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anybody Speak Turkish?

I've just found one of my photographs being used on a Turkish website and I have no idea what any of the text is.....

I've tried translation websites, but they're useless.

Does anybody speak Turkish?

Here is the website :

http://www.10marifet.org/etiket/diki%C5%9F-dikmek

My product is the last one on the page - a floral bag titled : dikiş dikelim

Which apparantely means "Sewing Stand"

This website has not asked my permission and I want to know what they are saying - if they are saying it's brilliant and here's a link then fair enough!
    Blog Website Flickr

Hello,

Sorry I don't know any Turkish but I've had a look at the site and I would certainly say it was complimentary, from all the little glowing stars and there seems to be something about number of visits?

Also, I've noticed that clicking on the link Cantalar below takes back to your website, so this must be a good thing!!

Helen x

Visit my blog!
    http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
    www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

The Sun newsrag does an online directory, and I had a go at them for putting me in it, but I don't think you can do anything - once you're on the net you're published!

Comment

Originally posted by Beadsage View Post
        The Sun newsrag does an online directory, and I had a go at them for putting me in it, but I don't think you can do anything - once you're on the net you're published!
        I had that too, but they got everything off Etsy, only they put the prices in £ rather than $ so everything is more expensive. So there's no way out, because I wasn't too happy either.

JBJB, As long as the link sends to your website and its not a knock off I'm sure its all to the good.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

The only Turkish I know is '2 beers please' so sorry, not much help
          Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
          Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by littlesnuggler View Post
            The only Turkish I know is '2 beers please' so sorry, not much help
            Sounds like the most important phrase to learn in any language!

Si.
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

I used one of the online translators and I got

اantalar, süslemeler, ِnlükler, yastıklar...ve daha neler neler değişik modeller burada
              =
              Bag , decoration , apron , pillow. and more neler neler changed pattern here
              It still doesn't make a lot of sense but maybe a bit clearer.

Melanie

Comment

sounds like a description of JBs stuff... (sort off) - maybe its ok then after all..
                Mel

Comment

I'm just bumping this thread....

I still get web-hits from the link on this site.

How can I check that they're not using my server space to host the picture?

And does anybody speak Turkish?!
                  Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Merhaba (hello)is as far as I got but I do have a Turkish friend so I'll try to get hold of him and ask for a translation. I'll be back if I can throw any light on it.
                    www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                    www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Sorry I can't help you either - I did try a translation link but even then, most of it was in gobbledeegook.

I'm wondering if the site is something a bit like craftjuice, which if thats the case then its not such a bad thing but like you say, it would be better if you'd known about it before they used your stuff.
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

If it was arabic, polish or random african languages I'd probably have more chance of helping. I don't think we have any turkish students here at the moment, so I can't ask any of them. At least it does link to your site at the bottom (burada) which is better than nothing.
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi when daughter gets up I'll ask her to look up in her Turkish dictionary but I seem to remember one of my craftgroup mentioned dikelim for cushion?
                          Txx

Comment

What fun heres my effort.
                            Bag, decoration, Apron, pillow, and whats more a very very different verision here.

Thats putting each word in a translater seperatly , I may have got the "very very " wrong thou

Comment

Ok, got in touch with my Turkish friend yunus and here is his translation:

Dikis Diklem - Let's sew followed by eight comment made about sewing in general.
                              Then underneath the picture of the bag it says - shopping bags, dressing up, aprons and cushions and many many more items are here.
                              This is followed by the link back to your website. Hope this helps.
                              www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                              www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Working...
                              X