British Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas

Has anyone ever tried out any of those U-Switch type websites that reckon they can somehow tell you which utility providers are the cheapest for you?

At the risk of a slander suit, I have a sneaking suspicion that the old BG may be ripping me off....either that or the gas I use is made from gold dust shaken off the top of leprechauns hats at the end of a rainbow or something....

But I dont wanna waste my time on one of those comparison website jobby's if theyre a waste of space?

Any experiences or thoughts would be really great - my new boss has met me halfway with a pay increase (yay!) but I still need to try and cut some of my own ex's if I'm gonna be able to afford to stay there - and its a lovely place so I'd quite like to!

Thanks guys
    Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

i have just switched back to bg and from my other supplier recieved 2 huge bills for my final account as they hadnt been charging me enough monthly and prices have really shot up also they hadnt read my meter since last year i think going by conversations i had with others its just all prices have just shot up along with petrol prices so no spending for me for a while
    Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

I used one of the comparision sites and actually swapped to BG for my electric........they were the cheapest and I got cash back via quidco. Do a comparrison and see what it comes up with..............
      http://community.webshots.com/user/a...host=community

Comment

I have always used USwitch and would recommend it, to see if you can get a cheaper supplier. We've been in our house for a year and half now - when we moved in the gas was BG and we had a lot of problems with them, so we switched. We have just switched again with all the news about prices rising.

Its worth going on there from time to time and doing a price check. If you decide to switch it's very straight forward to do - you can do it through USwich but I use Quidco as I get cashback. So, I'd find my cheapest supplier through USwitch, then log into Quidco to link in their own website. I have just switched and got £70 cashback through Quidco - so that's the first 2 months gas and electric paid for!!!
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I always check u switch every month - I changed from british gas and BT through them.

Comment

Thanks guys, it sounds like its an exercise well worth doing then, I shall have a bash!

Cheers
            Shaz x
            Keepsake Kollections
            & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
              the gas I use is made from gold dust shaken off the top of leprechauns hats at the end of a rainbow or something....
              LMAO..ha that made me chuckle, I reckon we have the same gas!

s.x
              Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
                Thanks guys, it sounds like its an exercise well worth doing then, I shall have a bash!

Cheers
                Shaz x
                I use a lot of the comparison sites particularly when insurance is up for renewal.

We just used Go Compare for our buldings and contents insurance. We got better cover and it was £50 cheaper. When I think we were with Direct Line for years and years and years just let the cover renew - then last year we had to make cutbacks and it was shocking how much we were getting charged for insurance (not any more though).

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Got to be worth checking. Npower pay a yearly bonus if you use them for both gas and electric. With so much competition these days for utilities etc many companies will pay you to switch.
                  www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                  www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

We have had a nightmare experience with our electric with both BG and EDF. BG overestimated by double the amount for a year before giving a refund. Then we changed to EDF and the actual readings over 18months came to £14,000 !!! They reduced it back to £5,000 but we were still using about 9 months worth of electric in one month. They finally checked the meter and said it was 'going a bit fast' The new meter is still double what it has been for the last 12 years we are waiting for them to work it out again.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
                      'going a bit fast'
                      Melanie
                      Bloomin eck Melanie - "going a bit fast" - they might as well have said Hitler was "a bit strict" as well

Cheers for the Go Compare site too Lisa, I didnt know about that one

Presume I need to get lots of gas unit useage info off my bills before I start though, yes?

Thanks all
                      Shaz x
                      Keepsake Kollections
                      & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

I've just had my gas bill today and they reckon my payments need to go up to 61 pounds a month, which will be doule what i was paying.. I live in a two bed terrace with just me and a hubbie and a puddy cat (who i have to admit soaks up quite a bit of heat!) We have a coal fire which we use quite a lot in the winter i think we must be heating the whole terrace!
                        Time to get the thermal underwear out!!
                        Think i'm off to cheak out those websites...
                        http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X