Hheellpp I'm Panicking!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hheellpp I'm Panicking!!!

Help I am having a day full of panic! I have got a craft fair in eight weeks and woke up this morning and thought 'I haven't made enough for the fair'. PANIC STATIONS! I'm having a craft meltdown I think.

Anyone out there some calming words for me?

Sharon
    Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
    Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
    Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in , breathe out! etc..
    (and never stop doing that either)

Forget there's a craft fair, don't think about making for that event, but just getting your general stock up.

take photos along of all previous stuff, as there could be something there that takes a customer's fancy more than what you display!

I know it's a tad early, but take along examples/photos of your christmas stuff, making them want to get back to you nearer the event!

and last but not least:

GET OFF THE COMPUTER.......................................... .................

computers may be good, but won't make the stuff for you

Comment

Well Sharon, I am doing the same thing. I am doing a fair (my first ) 0n the 20th and I keep thinking that I haven't got enough to sell. But hang on, isn't it better to do quality rather than quantity? I s it better to sell out or come back with loads of cards and feel disspirited? Mind you I may not asell any at all!!! It may help a bit to know that you are not alone on this.I think everyone must panic to some degree. I'm just going to go and have a good time, if I make any money for more 'supplies' then that will be lovely , if not just put it down to experience and I'll give them all to a charity shop!!!! Sue xx
      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by ilovecrafts View Post
        Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in , breathe out! etc..
        (and never stop doing that either)

Forget there's a craft fair, don't think about making for that event, but just getting your general stock up.

take photos along of all previous stuff, as there could be something there that takes a customer's fancy more than what you display!

I know it's a tad early, but take along examples/photos of your christmas stuff, making them want to get back to you nearer the event!

and last but not least:

GET OFF THE COMPUTER.......................................... .................

computers may be good, but won't make the stuff for you
        Ooh That's good advice. Sue xx
        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

I think the best advice given is get off the computer - forums seriously damage your crafting output!!!! Don't panic, you have loads of time if you keep calm. Once you have started you will be on a roll.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Make a list of what you need to do - I found it helped when preparing for my first fair (which went very well actually!)

Comment

Yep a list is a must. And try and concentrate on one thing at a time. I was up until the early hours before my craft fair with my hubby and sister having helped me and I still was panicking. I think if I had said right - for the next hour I am doing tags, and then the hour after I'm doing knitting needle bracelets etc I would have been much better. And good luck!!
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Dont panic . You will have enough stock by the time it arrives and the girls have given good advice re A List.

Enjoy when you get there by in large the people who do craft fairs are lovely and are normally really keen to help each other.

Treat it as a new experiance.

P.S I have one in June that is making me ill so when it comes closer you will have to hold my hand

Cheers Janice
                www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Really good advice from all of the above. Just stay organised and things will be fine. Ive got a fair tomorrow, ive got all my stuff boxed up and by the door and im going out for a couple of pints tonight at the pub quiz. Organisation early on is the key then you can relax just before the fair.
                  I'll probably get there in the morning and have a big panic that i've forgotten something really important
                  www.artbysusanjefferson.co.uk

Twitter @suecreative

Comment

Originally posted by Ifor-Jones View Post
                    I think the best advice given is get off the computer - forums seriously damage your crafting output!!!! Don't panic, you have loads of time if you keep calm. Once you have started you will be on a roll.
                    I have to agree with this one - it's there and it's calling you a lot of the time but you have to be strong!!!! Once you get on the forum, it's so hard to pull yourself off...

I would also agree with making a list. I tend to make a list of everything I would like to have on my stall and tick those off first. Then as you're working you'll get more ideas to add to the list and pretty soon you'll be spoilt for choice.

And don't worry - 8 weeks is loadsa time - you'll easily make lots of stuff before the fair. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Good luck!
                    Yvonne
                    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you to all for their advice and calming aura. The storm has now past and I am at one with my crafting self.

Thanks again.
                      Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
                      Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
                      Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Looks like I'm a bit late and all the good advice has been given....
                        Make that list and think about your display, remember thats sometimes less is more, think quality not a table stuffed full that no one item gets a good display...
                        You'll be fine

Sue
                        www.susiedolls.com
                        www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X