The Wood Tattoos crafting challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wood Tattoos crafting challenge!

OK, I've got a few weeks left before my book is due and I would love to feature some ways that my pyrography designs can be incorporated with others crafts.

I'm open to all suggestions of ways that you could include some of my pyro designs in your work... perhaps a wooden adornment for a card? A wooden frame for a particular fabric design? Or a wooden pendant for an item of jewellery?

I would like to include images of these designs in my book so there are a few conditions involved in this! I will not be able to select every idea suggested but I will go out of my way to include ideas that are original and add a different slant to the designs in my book so far.

Basically, here are the 'rules' (if you can call them that as they are very loose!)
    - post your idea on this thread, saying what you would make and what you would need from me pyrowise. Alternatively, send me a PM.
    - I'll then get in touch with you by PM if the design fits with what I'm looking for.
    - we then sort out the fine details of what I need to send etc.
    - the design would need to be made by 7th July at the latest so that I have time to sort out adding it in to the manuscript.
    - I would need high quality jpeg photographs of the finished piece for inclusion in the book, preferably against a white or pale grey background. The larger the file size, the better!
    - I would credit your contribution in the caption for the photograph and your work would be published in my book.

I might not be able to use EVERY design but I would try to use as many as possible.

We could then sort out between us what happens with the finished items! I would like to suggest possibly that they get sent back to me and I could then use them as prizes or auction them for charity... that's up in the air at the moment!

So then, any ideas?

Here's a starter for all the excellent jewellers and beaders out there... I've got lots of these blanks at the moment... any suggestions for what you could do with them would be appreciated!

Looking forward to hearing any ideas!

Si.
    Last edited by woodtattoos; 14-06-2009, 05:03 PM.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

What about some lovely buttons for my coats (she said hopefully!) or clothes hangers
    Last edited by tipsylipsy; 14-06-2009, 05:39 PM.
    Karen
    www.angelicfolk.co.uk
    Bespoke clothing for your little angels
    http://angelicfolk.etsy.com
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/angelic.folk?ref=profile

Comment

i've sent you a pm

Comment

I have sent you a pm - wishing you all the best with your book!
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Ooooh!!! I can't wait for the book!!
          MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Some of the Celtic type designs you do I also do in applique (see below) I dont know if you can think up something, i.e. two examples of the same design in different medium? Just a thought.

Last edited by Critchley; 14-06-2009, 08:12 PM.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

How about a gorgeous jewellery box to put my jewellery in
              MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

PM sent
                Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                My blog
                Facebook

Comment

I'm just off to read my PMs now to see what suggestions are waiting for me.

I read my first suggestion last night and was so interested to see the final result that I made the pyrography part last night and it's ready to send.

A big thank you and congratulations to...

Raffles Bizarre!

I'll PM you for your address details so I can get your 'request' on the way.

Si.
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

Comment

Several more suggestions are now in the development stage...
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

The second project to hit the ground running is an idea from...

tipsylipsy!

Please keep the ideas coming and you may see our joint efforts in print next year!

Si.
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, wish I had the time and the ability to quill one handed. I love putting quilling on wood... my ideas are a bit short at the moment, but I expect some quotation in pyrography with a quilled design wuld be quite cool.
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Good luck with it all,

the only lame suggestion I can come up with would be to mosaic something in the middle with a celtic design pyrographied around the edge!

Other than that I have done some small boxes in the past which I have mosaiced the top, the sides could be pyro'd

Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

If i can help in any way WT i will see what i can do mate.
                            PM me if you want something made.
                            Please pass the word.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Valewoodturner/135543009799667

http://valewoodturner.blogspot.co.uk/

" 200 years of family tradition continued in the only way I know how. "

Comment

thankyou so much i'm so glad you liked my idea!!
                              will reply to your pm now!

Comment

Working...
                              X