Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath-Bomb.Com
    replied
    I was on a ghost walk in the Edinburgh Dungeons at Christmas and, as we were walking around, I could hear footsteps and doors closing above us. I didn't think anything of it but did mention it to my husband and we assumed there were rooms above us.

Later in the walk the guide just kind of mentioned that the buildings above us were empty - I mentioned the footsteps and doors and asked if it was possible someone was upstairs above us - he said most definately not!

I always thought I would be completely freaked out by that sort of thing but I was surprisingly calm...

Jude

Leave a comment:

• Seahorse
    replied
    Hiya KonstantineC
    Ive not heard anything for weeks now but i almost wish it happened frequently so I know im not going mad(if you see what I mean).
    I cant say that Ive recognised any of the voices.It was a converstion in my first experience, then a man whistling then a woman whispering.I cant say any of them have spoken to me about about anything specifically to do with me.
    I was driving in the car today I decided to say out loud "Whose lying?" in response to the last thing I heard which was a lady whispering "He's lying" to me.But alas, no reply.

The man you hear sounds horrid.I hope you tell him off.

Leave a comment:

• konstantineC
    replied
    Now this is an interesting thread to come across when I thought I signed up t a craft forum.
    Recently I have been dealing with voice situations and trying to work out why no one else heard them and here we are! Itsobviously all the crafters!!! haha. Creative people, with more open minds.
    I do want to believe the reasons behind these experiences are in fact spiritual and spirits talking in a sense but wouldnt say it was certain if you know what i mean.
    I read up everyone is supposed to have a spirit guide and these are the voices that warn you, i.e with the post about that ladies gran saying wake up, she was looking over her. For some it is not a passed relative.
    I often hear a man most porminantly and hes a little sarcastic to be honest, once he was just whistling and once I tried to talk to him in my head he said "I'm not letting you hear voices you have too much going on at the moment" Ha, I'm not insane honestly I lead a stable life.
    The other night I was again in a state of relaxation but not quite asleep and he yells suddenly "JUMP" and makes me flippin' jump. Hes mean!
    I hear other rambles of chatter I cant always make out much of also.
    WHO KNOWS WHAT THIS ALL MEANS
    haha
    best wishes, if anyone wants to discuss this further personally please mail me as I am deeply interested in the subject.

Leave a comment:

• jencel
    replied
    Wow, that's quite a story, Di. It must be comforting to know that your nanny is still looking after you.

Leave a comment:

• Di-Ce Beads
    replied
    My Nanny woke me in the early hours one night, and told me to go to my dad's quickly. He was just leaving the house with his gun. He had chronic depression and was just about to end it all. It was 3 in the morning and my nanny had been dead for at least ten years.
    I find the whole notion comforting, perhaps there is more. Why should we be alone in this great big universe. However I am open to most things, apart from alternative medicines based on a memory of something diluted upteen hundreds of times. I then have to worry about the water we drink, as my dad say's 'It has been through the Dinosaurs'
    Ducking back behind my parapit.

Di.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by LauraT View Post
    Also I realise that the name of the ghost guide has been stared out! He is Richard Starr - quite a celeb of the supernatural world!!
    Fat lot I know...I was wondering if it was meant to be Freddie or Ringo

Leave a comment:

• beckyboo
    replied
    over the years I've had loads of experiences as well.
    I worked for many years in care home ,most of them nights so we dealt with our fair share of deaths
    one night we lost a husband and wife within hours of each other (they had seperate rooms) the husband died first unexpectadly ,we spent time with him doing what we had to after he had passed on then went back to his wife who was dying ,after she had passed we again did what we had and tidied the room should their next of kin wish to come and say goodbye etc
    As i was picking towels up i turned to the door and saw the husband walk past the door he waved and smiled at me
    Took me a couple of seconds to register who I had seen, I dashed out to the corridor (long corridor,doors on each end) and nobody was there,plus none of our residents could walk without aid so I definatly hadn't been confused
    Didn't scare me ,in fact made me feel quite safe as he looked so happy

Leave a comment:

• Scorch
    replied
    "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy", as the Bard said. Science is a wonderful tool, and our rational thought has made us what we are, but we don't know and understand everything, and we probably never will...

I believe that one should thoroughly investigate all things, and find the logical explanation when it is there - after all, we can easily be fooled by design, by accident or by circumstance. But, be willing to accept that sometimes there may not be that logical explanation!

Leave a comment:

• LauraT
    replied
    Hahahahahahaha

I just got stuck in a cupboard upstairs and frightened my self some more!! Think I will leave early and go home to my empty house instead!

Also I realise that the name of the ghost guide has been stared out! He is Richard Starr - quite a celeb of the supernatural world!!

Leave a comment:

• SNOWF1975
    replied
    BOO ! HAHAHAHAHA

Leave a comment:

• LauraT
    replied
    I am sat at work in the building on my own and have given myself the creeps!! The phone just rang and I almost wet my pants!!!

I have had a few odd experiences. I used to work in a really old community centre and there were two floors to it. I would often be locking up at the end of a shift and see that the light in the cellar was on when I know that it was off when I checked. We would also hear the sounds of footsteps acroos the main hall floor, once we were sitting haveing a drink after a function and we heard a cough - we sent the only 'boy' to see what it was but there was no one there, we were leaving and heard the tap on in the kitchen - when we unlicked the door it wasn't on!! Spooky.

I once went on a ghost walk at Anersley Hall near mansfield. It s said to be the most haunted place in the country. We all went in to the cellar and someone pointed to a hook in the celing that was swinging. Much oooing and ahhhing was done and various conclusions were made but there was a man behind me that keep saying 'maybe it a draft', 'I don't know maybe it is becasue all these people have come down the stairs and moved the air round and made it move'! My friend and I got the giggles. Further on in the house we were trying to take pictures of the guide (**** Starr) and the camera would take photos of everything but him. That was a bit freaky!!!.

Laura

Leave a comment:

• SNOWF1975
    replied
    well, last night something weird happened.

My old Uncle John took a really bad stoke yesterday. Its his second one. It wasnt expected that he would last the night.

At 6am this morning i was wolken up by my daughter laughing (she's 4yrs old). And then I could hear her talking but couldnt make out what she was saying. And then she said bye bye. i walked in seconds after the bye bye and she was sound asleep.
    I couldnt help but wonder if it was my Uncle John saying goodbye to her but I phoned when I got up to see how he was and he's still alive so it wasnt him! Strange. Was it someone else? or was she just talking in her sleep? i asked her and she cant remember.

Leave a comment:

• Seahorse
    replied
    Originally posted by nettie View Post
    I 'hear' my dad a lot, (he's the robin in the garden too!)
    I think thats the lovliest thing Ive ever read.

Leave a comment:

• nettie
    replied
    Yes, but not as often as i used to. After my car accident I used to hear voices saying 'you'll be fine', and 'keep at it' or 'don't worry' and I still have flashes of faces of family member who have died, ones who perhaps I haven't thought of for a while, then i say hi to them and hope they're ok and then that heavy feeling goes away. I 'hear' my dad a lot, (he's the robin in the garden too!) and he started me writing poetry...that was so vivid and memorable I 'lost' about an hour and a half resulting in about 6 pages of poetry!!! I hope they are talking to me, popping in now and again, but if not then I'm happy to just believe it's me thinking of them and wishing them well

Leave a comment:

• Kiamyka
    replied
    I've watched this thread develop with interest as over the years I have had many such experiences as described by you all. What I went on to do was study such phenomena and unpick the myths from what can be substantiated. A part of me would love to answer a lot of the questions raised so far but I will resist as it could then look as if I am trying to defend my mediumship.
    What I will say is there is a lot of rubbish spouted on TV and through other media about spirit and I have to say I have more fear of the living and none of those who have passed. If any of you are interested, wether believer or sceptic, one of the best sources of a scientific view of it all is David Fontana's book "Is there an afterlife?"
    Ps I am a sceptical believer in that I constantly question each experience

Leave a comment:

Working...
X