No announcement yet.

Hearing voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we have to be open minded about these things, science can explain a lot, but not emotional things.

I have sometimes had a feeling of 'having company' when I've been on my own, but the strangest thing is that I can describe going to a little boy's birthday party in a house in a village where we used to live when I was a kid, and I can accurately describe the inside of the house and the colour of the tablecloths, but the little boy that used to live there actually died a few years before I was born, and the family moved away. The house was derelict from before I was born, and no-one lived in it until about 5 years ago.

When I told my friends mum who lives in the village that I remembered going to the party at that house she was petrified because she knew that there was no way I had actually been in there.

Claire
    Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
    Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
    www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Originally posted by ladyluckjewellery View Post
      I think we have to be open minded about these things, science can explain a lot, but not emotional things.

Claire
      Science is somewhat flawed, seeing that according to the rules of science, a bumble bee should be incapable of flight , so whatare those buzzy things we see floating round the air!

If they can't get that right what chance is there forother things especially those in the twilight zone so to speak!

Comment

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but since its getting quite a response I think i'll add my pennies worth too!! lol!!!

stuff like this happens to me all the time!!...my view of why is probably alot different to you guys since i'm a christian, anyway, here are some of spirit snippits!

So, i remember one day i was drying up in the kitchen When i was about 14, I was drying the cutlery and putting it away on the stand (we had cutlery with holes in them that hung on a stand), anyway, not in an OCD kind of way, I always dried the forks first, hung them, then the knives, spoons and teaspoons (not OCD lol!!), so I had done the forks, started the knives, when i turned back around to hang the last knife up a fork was on the knife hanger...it scared the c**p out of me, i knew, really knew i hadnt done it, I had such an awful & uncomfortable feeling, went in the front room, told my dad and he laughed! typical!!! so i just ended up believing it was me...

Where i work now, I used to hear a deep sounding voice in my ear quite alot saying my name, at first i thought it was someone who i worked with, but it wasn't since no one else was about...scary as anything, but I quitely just told them that they have no right communicating with me and to leave me alone in Gods name and they went away. I believe that all spirits here are bad spirits so i dont want to communicate with them, so I tell them so. (just my opinion tho!)

I think that not all things can be explained by science, so if you get the feeling that 'something' is there, then it probably is!!! I hate the feeling tho, it makes me so uncomfortable.

It has been so interesting reading peoples stories and there thoughts on this kind of thing. I used to think people were crazy or lying (!!) when I heard their stories, but now its happend to me, i dont anymore...oh hold on, unless i'm crazy too!

s.x
        Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

If its a constant occurance I would go to your gp and see whats going on, however there are other things it could be. If it is happening just as you go to sleep or as you are waking up just the tiniest niose or movement is exaggerated. To be fully concious and hear things, you must be absolutly sure there is no outside influence doing this. I have sensed things and know certain things to have happened before I am told, it is disconcerting and just a little scary. Have a look into things like sleep paraslys that can sometimes explain things like ghosts and vioces.
          http://twohootscraft.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=home

The owls made me do it.

Comment

I went on a "spooky hen night" a few weeks ago, which reconfirmed my skepticism, apologies for disagreeing with you guys..........

Firstly, we were taken into a "haunted stairwell" where it was quite cold, they had a thermometer and it read 10 degrees, 20 drunken girlies running up and down the stairs giggling and half an hour later (the "tourguides" detected spirits as soon as we went in) we were informed that the temperature had risen 2 degrees which is an indicator of "spiritual" activity

Next was the "ghost detector" which none of us were allowed to look at, but being taller than the "tourguides" I had a peek over her shoulder....yeah, it was a "stud detector" After I pointed this out, she tried to tell me that they use the stud detector to find the studs in the walls so the ghosts can come through

Maybe I just had a bad experience, but I don't believe in any of it..... Had a great time on the "spooky hen night though"
            www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
              My lovely man is psychic so this is so interesting to read and please, please try not to let it freak you out or scare you. I know even he sometimes gets spooked if he sees a spirit unexpectedly (and sorry yes, he has had the rear view, sat in the back seat of the car experience!) but he just asks them to please not do that again because it scares him, they often dont realise their appearance could frighten you

Shaz x
              I've always believed the theory that spirits are on a certain wavelength/frequency and only a small handful of people are tuned into it. So whenever I'm alone and scared i always mutter to myself "i'm not on that frequency, i'm not on that frequency".

But they also say that adults often see things in the corner of their eye or hear things and brush it off as imagination or something outside or something when really it was something more supernatural. Whereas kids don't quite understand that they're not supposed to be seeing/hearing these things so they talk about them out loud as if they were normal.
              Yvonne
              x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
              My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

I still keep a healthy scepticism about it even though I'd put myself down as a believer, there are lots of things we cant prove or disprove, let alone psychic powers

If mediums say "you have an uncle Bernard" my first thought is always "well who doesnt" and sometimes even if they get several "hits" you need to listen to the exact wording to see how specific it all is, people all too easily grasp at their first comment and add to it then convince themselves the medium said more than they actually did. I cant stand those progs where they put the lights out and wander about screaming though and that spooky hen night was a commercial venture too so they have a different agenda, just like TV does

I'm kinda glad I'm not psychic though, I must admit

Shaz x
                Keepsake Kollections
                & Rossendale Ramblings!
                http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

I do believe that some people are more open to vibes than others. I split up from one of my ex's but always, always used to get a fluttering feeling in my stomach if he was somewhere close by. It happened time after time, and happened to him too. He would walk around a corner see me, and say I knew were somewhere close. This happened in all different places, so it wasn't a case of coincidence. Another time we had been split for several years and I woke up at 3.10 am in the morning with an incredible pain in my hand and feeling scared, for no apparent reason. I found out later that day, that he had been mistaken for a drug dealer that used to live in the flat he was living in, and got stabbed in the hand so severly he almost lost a finger. It was in the same hand I felt the pain in, at exactly the same time as I woke up.
                  http://manicmosaics.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

My father's cousin died in a car accident when I was younger.

We had a photo of him on top of our TV. One day when I was watching TV, the photo frame flew off the top of the set and landed about 6ft away. There was no wind, open doors or anyone near by at all. It literally leapt off of its own accord.

One evening, some other relatives visited with their young toddler. The little girl came into the living room and said hello to everyone, then stood at the archway to the kitchen, looking towards the sink. She said "Hello, man". We asked who she was talking to and said "Man", pointing towards the sink. She kept popping out during the evening to talk to him again.
                    The spot she was pointing at was exactly where my dad's cousin would always stand drinking his tea and leaning against the sink whenever he visited.

Weird, eh?

Si.
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

i havent had any weird experiances but im open minded about the whole thing
                      Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                        One evening, some other relatives visited with their young toddler. The little girl came into the living room and said hello to everyone, then stood at the archway to the kitchen, looking towards the sink. She said "Hello, man". We asked who she was talking to and said "Man", pointing towards the sink. She kept popping out during the evening to talk to him again.
                        The spot she was pointing at was exactly where my dad's cousin would always stand drinking his tea and leaning against the sink whenever he visited.

Weird, eh?

Si.
                        Oh that story gave me the goosebumps Si! But nice goosebumps.
                        I find it quite comforting to believe there's more to us and our lifespans than meets the eye

Shaz x
                        Keepsake Kollections
                        & Rossendale Ramblings!
                        http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

I forgot I started this thread, Im glad I did because i have another to add to it.
                          A few weeks back I was watching TV, Columbo to be precise, there were only men in the scene as far as I can recall and they wernt even talking when, in my left ear, I clearly heard a woman whisper "he's lying"....!!!!!!Now, how the frig did that happen??
                          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Seahorse, if it was me, I would pop to the docs just to check. There are parts of the brain that can make these kind of things happen.

I always used to "believe" in everything to do with the afterlife and I always watched all those channels on living and TOTALLY believed. But, then I went to see Derren Brown and he explained that there is no such thing as a psychic and that these people just try to read you. A bit like the metalist.

So, now, I do believe that there IS an afterlife and that a rare few people do experience some kind of connection but I dont think the people that actually have this gift would be making money from it.

A couple of things have happened to my family though. Many years ago, my gran died. That night while my pappy was in his bed, lying with his back to the closed bedroom door, he said that he heard footprints moving in the room. And then someone lifted the bottom of the covers and ficked them so that the air puffs up the covers! He then heard a voice "in his head" saying that he hadnt to worry and that she was going to fine. He said it was my gran. She was always one for frightening people, jumping out on them and stuff.

the other thing is :

I used to attend a spiritulist church. After attending a couple of weeks, some man came up to me at the end of the service and asked if anyone in my family had lost a baby or misscarried. I said no. And then he asked if I had been a twin. again, no. So he said that he was just wondering because everytime he has seen me I had this little girl following me about. he said that she would always be with me to watch over me. I just thought "weirdo". But, i went home and mentioned it to my mum anyway and thats when she told me that I WAS A TWIN! When I was born, there had been 2 of everything, sacks, afterbirths and all that but only one baby. There was no scans or anything for pregnant women then so no-ones really sure what happened. So, I find that a bit spooky. Especially when that film just came out - The Unborn! aaaahhhhhh
                            Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

I've had similar experiences, although not for some years, where I heard someone say my name. As people have said, you hear it clearly in your ear. Someone told me it was because someone is thinking about you at that time.

And a few years ago, a cousin died at the age of 45 of cancer. The night she died, I strongly felt her presence in the bedroom after I had gone to bed. I thought it was a somehow created from my emotions at her death, but the next morning I told OH about it, and he said he felt it too ! I think she was coming to say goodbye. I've felt her presence again two or three times since.

I'm fairly down to earth about these things, and I've no idea how they happen.
                              Celia
                              I can't be creative and tidy too
                              www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
                              The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
                              Jencel on Facebook

Comment

My daughter xzenia is a really funny one when it comes to dreams, when she was 3 yrs old she used to talk to someone in her room and she said mam the lady comes to see me when I'm in bed and tells her a story

In the same house about 2 years before she was born I used to look after a little boy and he used to point in the passage and say lady which was odd..

The year before she was born my ex husbands uncle died of a heart attack while driving, they would have shared the same birthday so thats a connection between them.
                                When my grandad died she said mam thats how uncle bob died in his car.

Ive got the chills reading this, but love it.
                                i'm 23 and still sleep with the lights on (ive got an excuse and can say its for the kids tho)
                                I face the door as well, always have, cos if somethings gonna get me I wanna know what lol.

keep the stories coming
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Soaps-...0932395?ref=ts

Comment

Working...
                                X