Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing voices

Does this happen to anybody else?

I have heard voices twice, once was what sounded like my dad saying my name in my right ear, yet he was in the other room to my left.
    Then yesterday I was driving in a car on my own, radio off, phone locked and for about 5 seconds I heard a lady speaking in my left ear,'tonight' was the only word I could make out.

Im sure there is a completely reasonable explanantion for both events but I cant find one.

Have I gone mental?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Totally nuts!!!! Only Kidding.

I remember a few years ago before Ikea opened in Glasgow, my hubby, kids and me were in a van driving down to the Metro Centre in Manchester to visit an old uncle in Sunderland then hit the Metro and Ikea big time.

We had left Glasgow really early and the kids were asleep in the back of the van - I nodded off too as hubby was driving - the next thing I heard was my gran speaking in my ear telling me to "waken up Lisa" - I woke with a jump and when I did that I woke up my hubby - he had fallen asleep at the wheel!!! (my gran had passed away a good few years before this happened).

Now that was freaky I can tell you.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Blimey, what a thoughtful granny!!Thats a great story.

No idea who the person was in my ear.

Comment

It's not happened recently but, on a few occasions, I've heard someone saying my name (when there was no one else in the house but me) and I can also remember hearing someone hum a tune. And, like you said, you can hear it in your ear, it's quite different to imagining a sound, or, voice in your head.
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

While it may be different to hearing voices in your head, it may be worth monitoring the situation.

And just because you hear voices doesn't make you a total nutter! My daughter has had a lot of problems with voices (she hears hundreds, all talking at once) and has other weird symptoms too. Despite having to take medication to help her cope, she leads a perfectly normal life in every other way (she runs her own full-time business and has two children).

If it continues or worsens, it would be worth discussing it with your GP.
          digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
          blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
          hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
          blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Will do Wendy.Your daughters situation is very interesting.

This just popped into my head.
            I was asleep a couple weeks ago and got woken up by someone prodding me on my shoulder(Im very single and sadly sleep alone).It felt very real.

Maybe someones trying to contact me from theother side.Id be quite flattered if Id been chosen to communicate between the worlds.As long as they were friendly.

Comment

Spooky tales

Yes, it's happened to me too!! I think we are privilidged people!! I once dreampy that my cousin, who rode a motorbike had had a bad crash on a rainy dark day. A coal wagon had pulled out of a side road and hit him side on. I said to my mum that I'd had this bad dream but not to tell Auntie Annie (his mum) about it as she would worry when he was on the bike. Anyway, we didn't see Auntie Annie for a while (no phones in those days) and when we did eventually see her my dream had happened and he had been in hospital for quite a while!!! Happily, he pulled through! Spooky or what!!!!!! ooh! All this could set off loadfs of good spooky stories!!!!!! Sue xx
              http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Oooh on the subject of spooky dreams, a few years ago I had a dream that my Granddad had come over to our house, he was spritely like when I was little rather than the frail elderly man he'd become. I asked him what he was doing there and he told me he'd come over to give me a hug. I woke up with the dream so vivid in my mind and then a few hours later my mum rang to tell me Grandad had just died. I really believe he came to say goodbye to me as I'd been poorly with a tummy bug that weekend and hadn't visited him as usual.

My Nan is truly psychic, she apparently knew granddad was going to die when she smelt hyacinths that morning in the house as she also smelt them when her mum and grandma died years previously - believe me it freaks me out now when I can smell flowers hoping I haven't inheritated it from her
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                  Oooh on the subject of spooky dreams, a few years ago I had a dream that my Granddad had come over to our house, he was spritely like when I was little rather than the frail elderly man he'd become. I asked him what he was doing there and he told me he'd come over to give me a hug. I woke up with the dream so vivid in my mind and then a few hours later my mum rang to tell me Grandad had just died. I really believe he came to say goodbye to me as I'd been poorly with a tummy bug that weekend and hadn't visited him as usual.

My Nan is truly psychic, she apparently knew granddad was going to die when she smelt hyacinths that morning in the house as she also smelt them when her mum and grandma died years previously - believe me it freaks me out now when I can smell flowers hoping I haven't inheritated it from her
                  Know what you mean. I HATE having bad dreams about anyone!!!! Sue xx
                  http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

OK so this thread has completely spooked me out. Ghosts and the supernatural completely scare the s**t out of me beyond measures of belief. I'm covered in goosebumps now.

I'm really pathetic - I had a nightmare after watching the thriller video and had to sleep with the light on reading enid blyton! (i was about 10 )

My biggest fear is lookin in my rear view mirror when driving alone at night and seeing someone in my back seat - so when I do drive alone at night I don't use the rear view mirror - safe driver i know!

I sometimes get the thing when I'm in bed and it feels like someone's walked in and is in the room with me but noone is. Scary.
                    Yvonne
                    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Interesting thread and makes me feel slightly more normal!

For years I have frequently felt that deja vu feeling or have predicted things moments before they've happened and most of them very random things (sadly not the winning lottery numbers!). I have only a few times thought I've seen or heard something which I couldn't explain but I have had vivid dreams.

Sadly in March of last year one of my cats, Felix, died unexpectedly. I was devastated and still get very upset over losing him. Last May my mother and I went on holiday to Germany where she has a holiday apartment. It was the first time I'd stayed there. On the first night I dreamt that I was lying in bed in the apartment and Felix was lying with me. It was such a wonderful happy feeling and seemed so real. When I woke up in the morning I could still feel the weight on him in my arms, it was such a weird experience and I got very upset over it.

My grandmother died two and a half years ago (my mother's mother). The night before she died my mother had a dream in which she took my grandmother to a place where my grandfather was waiting (my grandfather died in 1996). In the dream my grandfather told my mother that he would look after her now and not to worry any longer. My mother says in her dream she left my grandparents together. My grandmother died in the early hours of that morning.

People believe what they want to believe but I wonder whether there is more to life and death than we realise.

Emma
                      Emma

Comment

I get deja vu so often and it really freaks me out. And I always have REALLY vivid dreams. I can recall every minute detail. I often dream about owning my own shop and I can draw exactly how it looks the next morning, down to the displays in the window and around the till. Or I'll dream about going into other shops and thinking to myself "remember this place for your own shop" and i'll wake up and draw them.

Doesn't sound so impressive right now. Wait til I have a dream and I'll come on and tell you all about it. Course it'll span on for a good long while.

A woman who was training to "hone her psychic abilities" told me its signifies some sort of connection. I really truly hope not!
                        Yvonne
                        x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                        My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

There is a house not far from me that I can describe in intimate detail inside from years ago when it used to be a pub called the Navigation. When I mentioned this to my dad, he said it was a pub about 60 years ago and yes it was called the Navigation. How do I know all this, bearing in mind I'm 41 and have never been in the place! Selina

Comment

My lovely man is psychic so this is so interesting to read and please, please try not to let it freak you out or scare you. I know even he sometimes gets spooked if he sees a spirit unexpectedly (and sorry yes, he has had the rear view, sat in the back seat of the car experience!) but he just asks them to please not do that again because it scares him, they often dont realise their appearance could frighten you

My sister's always been told she's psychic too although she always says she's too busy to do anything about it so puts it to one side - but she too hears a voice in her ear occasionally

If you watch any mediums on TV, theyll almost always say those very clear, vivid dreams you have of loved ones (including animals) truly are visits, not dreams - you always know the difference, even if your logic tries to dismiss it, the rest of your system knows different

Shaz x
                            Keepsake Kollections
                            & Rossendale Ramblings!
                            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                              There is a house not far from me that I can describe in intimate detail inside from years ago when it used to be a pub called the Navigation. When I mentioned this to my dad, he said it was a pub about 60 years ago and yes it was called the Navigation. How do I know all this, bearing in mind I'm 41 and have never been in the place! Selina
                              I do remember reading years ago, about what was referred to as genetic memory, which could possibly explain some of these experiences. i seem to recall that generally it was dismissed by the "scientists".

I can't say I've ever had a psychic experience like those mentioned, but sometimes get a creepy feeling in some houses, and feel lots better when I've left, but the houses themselves are quite ordinary!
                              we did use to wonder whether our old house in the Uk might have been home to "other" residents, as a few things kept getting lost, but would reappear later in the exact spot we'd originally thought they'd been!, and my eldest ( when he was about 2) kept going on about his girlfriend who had long red hair and black eyes, who lived in his room with him , as did her parents! when we moved him to a different room, he never mentioned her again!
                              I'm open minded, and just because nobody can "prove" anything either way doesn't mean it's not there!

Comment

Working...
                              X