Cats .. Moving house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cats .. Moving house.

Ok.. I'm not moving but it seems by the end of the month a cat is moving in with me..

Now has anyone moved cats ?

The mogy is about 5 yrs old and only lived in one place..

So as I understand I may need to keep him in the house for a week or 2 so he know its home before letting him out ?

I live in the center of a city but with lots of green and a park 5mins away..

Any tips ?

Thanks.

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Butter his paws!

Sorry, got distracted by the kids and pressed send before I'd had a chance to expalin!

I think it's a bit of an old wives tale (the butter) but it seems to have worked for my mogs. My first cat was moved 3 times and never went astray and the monster I have now has been moved at least 3 times (rescue cat) and he shows no signs of wandering either (but he is VERY lazy so he probably couldn't be bothered anyway!).

Marg works too!
    Last edited by Roseberry Crafts; 01-04-2008, 03:25 PM.
    Natalie
    website blog

Comment

definitly keep himin for a a couple of weeks, if you want to take him out to get him use to the area a bit, get a cat lead! Alot of peole use them for their kittens for the same reason.

When you take him out at least he'll know where he's meant to go home after!
      Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

What's going on with the text and page and everything!

Excalmations and question marks, smilies etc are all appearing at the start of the sentences and the adds column thing wotsit has just jumped to the left of the screen!

Have we got gremlins?

or

?have we got gremlins
        Natalie
        website blog

Comment

My 18 year old cat has moved with me 5 times, I just kept her indoors for about a week, or, two. She never strays far from the hand that feeds her!
          Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

I moved two moggies from a tinny Shropshire village into town some three years ago.I was worried because one of them likes to follow me and the dog when we go walkies and I thought he'd get lost. They seemed to settle really quickly and we had no problems so I'm suure you'll be fine.
            www.littlebead.blogspot.com
            www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by Roseberry Crafts View Post
              What's going on with the text and page and everything!

Excalmations and question marks, smilies etc are all appearing at the start of the sentences and the adds column thing wotsit has just jumped to the left of the screen!

Have we got gremlins?

or

?have we got gremlins
              lol!! I know, this happened to me too, i thought i pressed something to re-arrange the page! glad i'm not the only one!!!!!
              Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Hee Hee

Originally posted by janetdc View Post
                I moved two moggies from a tinny Shropshire village into town some three years ago.I was worried because one of them likes to follow me and the dog when we go walkies and I thought he'd get lost. They seemed to settle really quickly and we had no problems so I'm suure you'll be fine.

When I was wee, we had a cat like that. It had to go with Dad when he walked our dog. After the dog passed away, my Dad had to go for walkies with the cat every night!

MrM,

After keeping your cat in for a few weeks, or as long as you can - cat might decide to go out earlier - accompany him the first few times he goes into the back garden. We always encourage ours to use the back door only which seems to deter them from going around the front near the main road.

We've got 9 cats, and we've only kept them housebound for a few days after moving, but we've never lived in a busy area so it's easier. Even though there were loads of fields around us when we moved to our present house, our cats stick mainly to the garden.

When we first moved and we couldn't get them to come in, we shook their dry food bowl. They come and go as they please now that they have a catflap.

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

When my brother moved with his 2 cats they wouldnt leave their new home for a year.
                  https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  X