I'm back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back!

Came home yesterday after a little jolly in India. Had a great time. I'd read before I went out that some people had gone on 7 or more safari drives and at best only saw a glimpse of a tiger....

We went on 5 drives and had 6 sightings!!! Couldn't believe how lucky we were. One was just sat right in the middle of the road when we were beginning to make our way out of the park.... then we followed it to a river where it did the very tigery thing of lying in the water.

Nice to find it was raining last night when we got back. Will take me a while to read through some of these posts of the last week, hadn't realised we talked quite that much!!!!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Wow! Lucky lucky you! I've never seen a tiger, but then I've never been to a country where they live.... so I've never really had a chance
    Caz
    x

Comment

welcome back...........glad you had fun. I can't wait to get away for a while.Not till May though and just 3 days then.Not even sure where we are going but anyway will be good.Working soooo hard will more than likely sleep the whole time.
      Shabby Neesey

Comment

Glad you had such a great experience, when you get a few minutes pleeeease post some piccies, would love to see them.

What part of India did you go to?
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

back!

You've missed a lot of naff weather too!

I've been very close to a lion - right at the side of our car. At Knowsley Safari Park heheheheh!!!

Comment

Oh I bet it was a wonderful experience, all the big cats are so beautiful arent they? Makes you think of your own moggies at home except I wouldnt dare shove a tiger off the bed if it was taking up to much room if it wanted it, it could have it!

Shaz x
            Keepsake Kollections
            & Rossendale Ramblings!
            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
              Glad you had such a great experience, when you get a few minutes pleeeease post some piccies, would love to see them.

What part of India did you go to?
              Will get some photos up when soonish.... Flew to Delhi - absolutely manic there, then went on the train down to Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan, so we could do the tiger watching at Ranthambhore National Park. It's too cold here - who turned the heat down?
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hallo!

Hi! Nice to have you back. Kept wondering how you were getting on!!!!! Looking forward to seeing your pics!!! Have you got a nice tan?? Sue xx
                http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

No tan - I usually slap on factor 35 or higher as I burn so easily so I don't look like I've been anywhere tropical at all!!!
                  View my flickr

Comment

Welcome back

Cant wait to see some piccies.
                    Hope you had a really great time
                    Av xx
                    Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

Welcome back Sounds like you had a fantastic time! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!
                      Anice xx
                      Funkyhand x
                      my website
                      http://www.funkyhand.com
                      my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                      http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                      Follow me on Twitter
                      http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

My in-laws went to India the back end of last year and spent about 2 weeks when they came back with hacking coughs because of the pollution in Delhi.

They went 10 years ago and said it was bad then, but now it's even worse.

They go on "once-in-a-lifetime" holidays every year. They've done:

Trekking round Nepal ... saw Mt Everest
                        I can't remember how many safari's
                        China
                        India twice .... saw the Tahj Mahal

I'm sure I've missed somewhere

This year they were going to go to Pakistan and then all the rioting kicked off so it got changed to Numibia (sp?)

Puts our one week to Majorca to shame each year!!
                        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

If they are off to Namibia I'm sure they'll have a great time. I would highly recommend the Mola Mola boat trip at Walvis Bay if they are heading to that part of the coast. It was absolutely fantastic - couldn't get much closer to a wild cape fur seal - we were actually stroking it and prodding it and feeling how fat he was!!!

The dunes are pretty amazing as well. I think I read somewhere that Namibia has the bluest sky in the world - all to do with refraction of light etc - too much physics in that so it makes my brain hurt!
                          View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X