Bomb scare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb scare

Thankfully I got back to work before everyone was told to get out of the main part of the city centre, otherwise my Easter bunny gift would still be in my clutches!!

They've chucked people out of the shops etc because they have found a WW2 bomb at the building site near the Belgrade theatre. The sirens are just going now from the emergency vehicles!

It's all excitement here I can tell you!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Wow! and I thought I was excited by my blog-iness.

Let's hope the parcel makes it through safely without being blown up!
    http://ethelandednastearoom.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Gosh that so reminds me of when Manchester city centre was hit. On the Monday, we got the bus into a devastated town centre and our office was taped up at the front entrance but we got in through the back way - so we were literally just at the edge of the No Go Zone

Hope everythings exciting but OK!

Shaz x
      Keepsake Kollections
      & Rossendale Ramblings!
      http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Unfortunately I work too far away from it to be sent home!!!!!
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Eeeekkkkkk!!

Comment

They've evacuated the council house which I can see from my prep room window!! And the bus station is closed and that's only a stones throw away... must be a huge nuclear bomb or something for it to affect the entire city centre!!!

Think I'd better head home before I get evacuated!
            Last edited by indri; 12-03-2008, 05:48 PM.
            View my flickr

Comment

OMG! hope everyone is safe.
              www.susiedolls.com
              www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm in Rugby just down the road, just seen it on the news, they haven't blown it up yet! Selina

Comment

Bomb!!!

Poor you! Just read about your bomb scare! It happened to me and my mum once in a Tesco store. Poor mum was really frightened but it all turned out to be a hoax. Everyone had to leave their trolleys and go out to the car park. At least it gave us all something to talk about!! So glad it wasn't real though! Keep smiling! Sue. x
                  http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

The bomb squad waited til 3am to detonate it in a controlled explosion. Irony is they had to cancel the performance of One Night in November at the theatre - it's about the WW2 blitz in Coventry!

I got home fine - luckily live at a different end of town, my mum had to go on a diversion and got caught up in heaps of traffic. Alls open now except one road which they are worrying will collapse....

I think all the old folk living nearby were getting into the blitz spirit by singing!
                    View my flickr

Comment

Phew...

...Glad you're all safe.

Makes you wonder just how many others there are undiscovered, deep under Coventry, given the total hammering Coventry got in the war.

I have heard older people say with hindsight that the war was one of the best periods in their lives, because of the community spirit. My grandad was killed in Egypt in 1942 and my nan was left to bring up four children by herself, the youngest was 6 weeks old. She said often that she wouldn't have coped without the help of friends and neighbours.

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts
                      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

What a pain. My son goes to school in Coventry slap bang in the middle of the exclusion zone. Took me an hour (usually 15 minutes) to get close enough to dump the car and walk thhere to get him. Then took another hour to get out of the city and home again. Thank goodness I had a groupp of friends coming round to share a few drinks last night - felt like I earned it!!
                        www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                        www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Working...
                        X