No announcement yet.

Our house didn't exchange yesterday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our house didn't exchange yesterday....

I'm feeling a bit down hearted. We were due to exchange contracts yesterday, we're moving from a mid-terraced house to a lovely little cottage in one of the villages near Haywards Heath, but someone down the chain is waiting for their divorce settlement so the whole thing is riding on that (he's already missed the court date so it's unlikely he'll pay up now!)! I feel as if everything is completely out of my hands and I can't bear the thought of having to have people coming round viewing the house again!

Why is it such an ordeal?!? I wish they would make the system a bit easier, at the moment the odds are better for me winning the lottery than getting the house I love!
    I make Eco bags and Lavender Cushions.

LavenderHearts.co.uk

My blog: http://leatherheadchooks.blogspot.com/

Sorry to hear that - in Scotland it works a bit differently in that as soon as the missives are signed they can't back out (in theory that is) however if someone hasn't got the funds to pay how can you force them!

Fingers and toes crossed that they do get the money or you get another buyer really soon.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Aww - that is so frustrating (have been in similar situation) - big <<hugs>> and keep your chin up.
      Mel

Comment

OOh, I' do feel for you
        Let's hope it gets sorted soon.

We had the buyers from hell when we sold our house! the 1st lot were so keen , they wanted to bring a suitcase full of money, to make us accept their low (ridiculous) offer. After we finally agreed, they "disappeared". After 9/11 we understood why as they were afghanistanis! ( maybe just a coincidence, but who knows! )The 2nd buyer was also really keen, and wanted to move at lightning speed, would All have been done in less than 1 month!, but om day of exchange,it fell through as he hadnt got the mortgage ( told a load of porkies, and they found him out!) and with the third, we had a similar problem as yours down the chain. the first one had told lies as he was waiting for an endowment to mature to buy.

it will all come right in the end, but is so stressful while it's going on! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Cant say much to make you feel any better. Sending you lots of hugs and it will work out in the end it's just rubbish while your waiting............

Cheers Janice
          www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

soooooooo sorry to hear this..........Your home is a beauty but I know you are ready to go to the country.........Its diffrent in the states as well as if you sign on the dotted line you have to buy or pay a BIG fine.XXXX my fingers for you and yours.
            Shabby Neesey

Comment

Its awful when its happening to you isnt it? I held my chain up a bit when I left my husband and wanted to buy my own house. Although we werent getting divorced, I had to really get tough and insist he release my half of the funds from our house otherwise I'd sell it on the open market for more money than I'd let him have it for (he wanted to stay there so was buying me out)

It wasnt like me to be tough at the time but my threat worked, I told him if I lost my house, he'd definitely lose his (probably the first time I'd really stood up to him!) It all worked out in the end so I didnt let my vendors down....lets hope the guy who's having problems with his divorce manages to figure something out

If you're meant to have it, things will come around, they just might take longer than you hoped. Just try your best not to get stressed out and trust that, whatever happens will be for the best

All the best with it
              Shaz x
              Keepsake Kollections
              & Rossendale Ramblings!
              http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

I hate our stupid system of buying and selling property. It`s much better in Scotland.

Take Care & hope the situation improves.

Comment

Thanks for the support! It's comforting to know that other people have been in the same situation and it's all come good. I found out today that the husband has had his mortgage offer through so we are now hoping to exchange next week. I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet, but I'll keep you posted!

Sian
                  I make Eco bags and Lavender Cushions.

LavenderHearts.co.uk

My blog: http://leatherheadchooks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fingers and Toes crossed for you.

Good luck

Lisa

Bowed Over
                    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I echo that but I aint sussed out where to get these brill smilies from yet so

GOOD LUCK!

shaz x
                      Keepsake Kollections
                      & Rossendale Ramblings!
                      http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

which village?

Hi there,
                        Am from Haywards Heath and Lindfield is just along my road. Cuckfield is lovely too. Hope you get a buyer soon.
                        Let me know when you do.

Comment

Hang on in there, fate may yet smile on you. It's awful waiting isnt it and I know what you mean about folk viewing your home, most of them have deadpan faces and you don't know whether they like it or not do you. Take a big breath and try not to let the stress get to you.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Its no wonder they say buying a house is one of the most stressful things you can do. The system really needs a revamp! We had to agree to the seller leaving all her stuff in our house for a week or 2 as she couldnt complete on the date she was supposed to but we had to move out of our rented accomodation so would have been homeless! It was such a nightmare I never want to move again.

Really hope you get yours sorted soon, once you get there it will be worth it.
                            Blog: www.thesewingdirectory.blogspot.com
                            Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Se...5848809?ref=ts
                            Twitter: @sewingdirectory

Comment

Moving on

Just incase you hadn't noticed this is over a year old!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X