Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not sure if i've catastrophically messed up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure if i've catastrophically messed up...

Ok, so On the 31st of jan all applications to send our dalring children off to primary school had to be submitted.

So i did this, or so i think i did. I did the application online, i'm so so so sure I submitted it, but why do I have this bad feeling that i somehow 'forgot' to submit the application! when I think about it it makes me feel quite sick to be honest, how incredibly bad would it be if i have forgotten, and my son has to go to a crap school because thats the only with places left.

I want to go online and check, but i cant, incase i did forget, since there is nothing i can do now as its too late there is no point in looking? or maybe i should look and at least i'll know either way?

I felt like this when I had in my dissertation for uni and that went ok, maybe i'm worrying over nothing, maybe i'm not

Oh my, when do we find out what school they have got into? then my stress and dread will be over ***slumped in the chair in despair!!!**
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Yikes, that does sound a little catastrophic. Can you not call the applications people to see if there's anything that can be done? And you may be worrying over nothing and it may have gone through fine.

I'm not a mother so I can't help with the when you find out thing, but my little brother received his letter just this wkend telling him which secondary school he got into. But I don't know if this is relevant at all and if it comes from the same people. Sorry!

I personally think it best to be proactive and find out what the situation is and get on with trying to remedy it.

Good luck! Sorry I can't be more help.

Yvonne
    x
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Aw bless....I dont have kids so my view probably means diddly....but I say check online love, I'd like to bet you did apply cos it was obviously very important to you to do it, you might just be having a "did I leave the gas on moment".....

Not knowing is more painful than knowing so, I guess even if you discover the worst, at least you can launch into finding out if there's anything that can be done about it sooner than later

Fingers crossed you did it though, then panic over

Shaz x
      Keepsake Kollections
      & Rossendale Ramblings!
      http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Had to reply because if was me I'd be stressed and my little one is due to start in September. I would phone the school and check, in our area they have the applications, and they may know. If you didn't apply by mistake you'll probably be able to put in a late application I know a friend of mine did that for her son and got the place she wanted. Don't panic though because whats done is done. Its best to try and sort it now rather than wait because the longer you wait the harder it might be to sort.

We are due to find out after the easter holidays.

Good luck.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

Dont panic!! Look you know wht the deadline was ad so assuming you didn't sleep your way through January then in all probability you applied. If it turns out you haven't then be prepared to blag it. Swear blind that you sent it in and stick to your story. Sorry but when it comes to your kids you have to do what iit takes,all the other parents will be out their fighting for their little darlings too! Good luck.
          www.littlebead.blogspot.com
          www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Phew!!

Thanks everyone!

I decided to be brave and take a look...turns out i'm not so rubbish after all..! I submitted the application on the 23rd of jan! yey!

panic over, i'm not going crazy anymore!
            Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

After all that worry!! Well fingers and toes crossed for the application.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Phew! That must be a relief!

I dont have any little ones of my own, but if i did, i know i'd be worrying if i had or hadn't got their application in!

Good Luck with getting them into the school of your choice
                Av xx
                Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

Gawd...what are you like... I was going to suggest checking, but I'm glad you've found out and are now relieved

Debbie
                  www.beadservice.net
                  On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

See!!!

Best off checking just in case!

We had to submit ours back in Octoberish and we don't find out for another few weeks....... We hope to get the local one as its walking distance and its a good school too.

We actually had to go and hand it back to the school which was a good incentive!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                      See!!!

Best off checking just in case!

We had to submit ours back in Octoberish and we don't find out for another few weeks....... We hope to get the local one as its walking distance and its a good school too.

We actually had to go and hand it back to the school which was a good incentive!!
                      that sounds incredibly promising! I didnt realise choosing a school would be so competitive and stressful! How wrong was I! Not long to wait now, then I can breath a sigh of relief...hopefully!
                      Sophie.x

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

I had the same awful feeling about submitting the right formas at the right time when my daughter first went to school but it was all OK.
                        We had a stressful day here today waiting for the 11+ results and place at secondary school. The 11+ system here is a nightmare, she didn't pass and i didn't expect her to but she did get the secondary school I wanted her to go to and we are all very happy tonight.
                        As a parent you always worry about education but i'm beginning to think that children will succeed or otherwise despite the school, its more about the friends they mix with......
                        Sue
                        www.susiedolls.com
                        www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by wyattbean View Post
                          I had the same awful feeling about submitting the right formas at the right time when my daughter first went to school but it was all OK.
                          We had a stressful day here today waiting for the 11+ results and place at secondary school. The 11+ system here is a nightmare, she didn't pass and i didn't expect her to but she did get the secondary school I wanted her to go to and we are all very happy tonight.
                          As a parent you always worry about education but i'm beginning to think that children will succeed or otherwise despite the school, its more about the friends they mix with......
                          Sue
                          I was going to my 11+, its still a big thing in Kent! Anyway my teacher told my mum that although I would probably bet in I would struggle at a gram school for lots of reasons (being really shy at the time was one of them!), she must have been right, I didnt take my 11+ and went to the catholic comp instead and did really well!

So i would agree, I think as parents we all want whats best for our kids and to give them the best chances in life as we can, but they're either academically inclined or they're not! I always had a good bunch of friends who liked school as much as i did!
                          Sophie.x

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Originally posted by sweet View Post
                            Thanks everyone!

I decided to be brave and take a look...turns out i'm not so rubbish after all..! I submitted the application on the 23rd of jan! yey!

panic over, i'm not going crazy anymore!
                            Aw, I'm so glad it did turn out to be a "did I leave the gas on?" moment afer all!

Well done
                            Shaz x
                            Keepsake Kollections
                            & Rossendale Ramblings!
                            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Working...
                            X