X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linz
    replied
    Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
    That's something I forgot was juice - that Irn Bru is total gut rot but my lot love it!!! Could strip paint that stuff!!!

Hehe.

Lisa

I'll bet my inside belly is neon orange with the amount of Irn Bru I drink
    I lost about a stone in weight after switching from regular stuff to diet, so clearly, I was drinking far too much!

Leave a comment:

• Bowed Over
    replied
    Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
    Yep - That'd be the main component of the Glasgow diet Lisa - Supplies for girls weekend = loads of wine (evening) followed by 4 litres of irn bru (morning)

Ow definitely the best hangover cure in the world - a big bottle of Irn Bru and you can face the world again (not the diet stuff though it has to be the full fat syrup stuff - nothing better for a "sare heed")

Hehe.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Pebbles
    replied
    Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
    That's something I forgot was juice - that Irn Bru is total gut rot but my lot love it!!! Could strip paint that stuff!!!

Hehe.

Lisa

Yep - That'd be the main component of the Glasgow diet Lisa - Supplies for girls weekend = loads of wine (evening) followed by 4 litres of irn bru (morning)

Leave a comment:

• Roseberry Crafts
    replied
    Originally posted by craftdancer View Post
    [quote[but hubby insists on Lemonade every night with his dinner and I've yet to find a brand that only contains sugar and not sweetners![/quote}

I struggle with the same problem, but I have found that Lidl lemonade and cola are made with sugar and not artificial sweeteners. It might be the same with Aldi, but we don't have one near us so I've never checked.

Linda
    Good ol' Lidl! Used to shop there every week when we lived in Lincolnshire. Now our nearest is Middlesbrough and I only send hubby once every couple of months for Washing powder and loo rolls (although a lot of other things seem to "fall" into the trolley whilst he's there!) Perhaps I'll have to start adding a months supply of lemonade to list as well!

Leave a comment:

• Bowed Over
    replied

Hehe.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• craftdancer
    replied
    [quote[but hubby insists on Lemonade every night with his dinner and I've yet to find a brand that only contains sugar and not sweetners![/quote}

I struggle with the same problem, but I have found that Lidl lemonade and cola are made with sugar and not artificial sweeteners. It might be the same with Aldi, but we don't have one near us so I've never checked.

Linda

Leave a comment:

• swirlyarts
    replied
    I got a thing through from Bupa the other week about diet etc. It was a questionnaire to fill in with your food diary for a week. I've just sent it off and I'll be intrigued as to what they say. I'll bet it'll be 'drink more liquids' which is one thing I am terrible at and stop having a daily treat. Otherwise I eat quite healthily! Apart from 3 creme eggs in a row!

Leave a comment:

• Bowed Over
    replied
    I tend to have quite a healthy diet because I need to watch my weight - but my hubby - he can eat anything and still stays stick thin - he doesn't like chocolate so I tend not to have sweets or chocs in the house because it would be me and the kids eating them - what we do have loads of is crisps, nuts all that kind of thing. I have converted him to the benefits of baked snacks instead of fried - but me thinks outside the house he is partial to a packet or ten of Sensations!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    replied
    Poor Ollie, we told him to do that and he got all upset. At least his teacher saw chris buying the stuff.

I'm craving rubbish today. I'd love some haribo!! look what the homeworks done to me!

Leave a comment:

• Pebbles
    replied
    How contradictory! Was the homework aimed at showing
    that artificial sweeteners are bad and you shouldn't eat them - but go find them in your cupboard at home? WHAT?

You should have sent your son to school with nothing, to show that you don't allow them in your house!

Leave a comment:

• Roseberry Crafts
    replied
    We had a similar homework last month. We couldn't find any of the "bad" E numbers in our house. Then Grandma came to visit the next day and low and behold there were loads!
    I make sure I don't buy anything containing artificial sweetners (read too many negative things about them) but hubby insists on Lemonade every night with his dinner and I've yet to find a brand that only contains sugar and not sweetners!

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    started a topic I'm a healthy eater ~official!!

I'm a healthy eater ~official!!

Ollies homework last night was to collect three food lables with artificial sweeteners on. We didn't have any!!
    Had to send DH over to the shop to buy some stuff.
    I was shocked when absolutlty nothing contained any. We are very careful shoppers and almost never buy anything with trans or hydrogenated or other rubbish in them. Most of our food is unprocessed apart from meat free mince.
    When DH was in the shop he met Ollies teacher, I don't think she believed that we had none.
Working...
X