Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18th December Saturday

Morning All

Woke to rain, boo hoo. whilst dry yesterday it was very dull all day and felt more like middle of the night at times but at least dry.

Did not exactly do what I had planned yesterday as realised did not have my fabric glue spray (organisation gone out of the window) arrived midday and by that time had made 6 pairs of Swarovski earrings. So not all time wasted.

Have any of you got an event today? if so wishing you well.

Have fun

Getting the tree today, got yo finish painting the loft for my old mum to stop over...it is converted by the way haha.

Today is bittersweet for me because it is the date my old dad died suddenly and the police came to tell me as snow had drew the country to a halt then two years ago on this day I had two phone calls within a hour of each other, one to say My grand daughter was born, the next to say Sues mum who had pneumonia was not expected to live much longer, could we all go straight to the care home.

Sad Dave.

Comment

So sorry Dave, these memories never really leave us do they. We heard on Thursday that Lee's uncle had passed suddenly got the funeral in the New Year as his son is in Australia and we have to wait for him to come back.

Comment

No, true Caroline, sorry for your loss too. We have to move on but the memories either good or not so are always there but still, makes it a good reason to reflect on the time we had with them. On a brighter note, going to see little Jess tomorrow...she's only just two and an absolute handful..love her to bits.

Dave.

Comment

Morning all.

It is a sad time for many of us in the winter months and my sympathies to those of you who are remembering loss of family and friends. It's a bit of a sad time for me too as it is 2 years last Monday since Mum died (in body, unfortunately her spirit went some years earlier because of the evil of Alzheimer's). Although we were not a particularly close family, I still think of her most days and miss being able to buy her little gifts and take her out for little trips.

Rather breezy here this morning, but I've just been outside and I think it's warmer out there than in the house! Rain shower forecast for mid-afternoon, but that's got time to change so we'll just have to see. I'm just getting excited that we're nearly at the shortest day so it won't be many weeks before we start to see at bit more daylight at the end of the day; I'm fed up with the darkness.

No major plans for today. I sorted out quite a bit of business paperwork yesterday and managed to reduce what I need to keep to a more reasonable level. There's more sorting to be done - mainly recipes, and I have quite a number of recipes on the laptop which I need to format into Word files and print then add to my collection, but that's one of the ongoing projects.

Immediate plans are for more coffee then clear up the clean laundry and empty the dishwasher. What an exciting life I lead!

Linda

Comment

Oh Linda sending you a hug, I went through the 'long goodbye' with my Mum and it was a relief when she passed at 90 in July 2006. She would have hated what she became as always a strong woman and extremely clever. Not sure what happened to myself or mysister think the brains all went to Mum and her brother, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
              Oh Linda sending you a hug, I went through the 'long goodbye' with my Mum and it was a relief when she passed at 90 in July 2006. She would have hated what she became as always a strong woman and extremely clever. Not sure what happened to myself or mysister think the brains all went to Mum and her brother, lol.
              Thank you Carole. It was indeed a relief when Mum finally gave up the fight in December 2013 aged 85. She'd been deteriorating for years, although we didn't realise it at the time. We then had a lot of frustrating, distressing and unproductive years trying to get some help for her and for us. When we did finally make some headway it seemed there was always some difficulty over which we had no control affecting the situation.

Like your Mum, mine would have hated what had happened to her - she wasn't particularly academic, but was a very clever lady in other ways, always sociable, helping others, had a solution for most problems, never lost her temper, a great needlewoman and cook.

Linda

Comment

So sorry for all your losses. The elderly and frail are more likely to die in the colder months and sadly this is often around Christmas. We are spending Christmas day with my Parents as my Mum has vascular Dementia, loss of memory but keeps her personality thank goodness, but she may not be with us memory wise to enjoy a family Christmas next year if she deteriorates as she has done this last year. She is better in her own environment as well it's too confusing for her to come over to us. She wasn't too settled at our wedding and got a bit confused. She think Pete and I have always been married which is no bad thing.

Last full day in the shop before Christmas, just a 9 to 2 stint on Christmas Eve. Off to Cornwall tomorrow till Wednesday.
                Most people were cherry and full of the joys but you always get one or two who spoil it. Apparently first thing this morning on my own with a shop full of people I wasn't grateful enough to this woman for her donation. Oh how I wanted to say bog off and take your donation somewhere else. But I gritted my teeth and smiled. Threw half of it out anyway, completely unsaleable.

Had an unusual young man in yesterday. Thpught my goodness he looks like the archetypal Jesus picture then I noticed he was wearing a crown of thorns !!!!! Now each to their own and I resisted saying it's Christmas not Easter but a customer on the way out didn't and said 'nice hat' !!!

Right Strictly is calling along with dinner prepared by my wonderful OH and wine not to mention the wrapping.

Have a good evening everyone.

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk
                https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
                X