More insecurities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More insecurities

As I may have mentioned Im not loaded with confidence.
    Im still searching for non scary further education so I can get a job that pays 1 million pounds a month and I can start my plan of world craft domination.

I was very happy when my friend told me there was a CAD(computer aided design) Learn Direct course that I could do at my local library in my own time at a minimal fee,instead of in a college 20 mins away and pay nearly £200.

I made an enquiry and the nearest learn direct course there is is in Farnbourough!!

Not ideal, so, now Im in fraidy cat mode.Forking out a load of money for something I probably wont understand, going to a scary college, with people I dont know and that will clearly be far more intelligent than me, and that has no gauarantee of a job at the end of it!!!

I really want to vomit.

Im waffling on so you guys can give me any kind of confidence boost you want to give, send me vibes, send me money, either one, I dont mind.

Also, can you believe the 1 mouse I had in my roof and succesfully captured(humanely)seems to be 2 meeses, so 1 is still in my roof!!!

I need help in so many ways.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Aw I just had to send you some GOOD VIBES and good thoughts until I can respond more later, just on my way out but HANG IN THERE, life is good - once you figure out how to do it!

...and when you figure it out, let me know will you babe?!

HUGS
    Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

I completely understand your fear of further education, but I can tell you from personal experience that it is well worth getting through the first couple of weeks of panic, fear and anxiety!!.. so that you can find yourself in a group of people all trying to do the same as you, there is no substitute for a classroom of people that you can bounce ideas off and even come to think of as friends! (They might even become customers!)

People who attend a course are there because they don't know about the subject and are there to learn, so they will all be in exactly the same position as you, and probably feeling as nervous as you, so you can't say they are more intelligent than you, otherwise they'd be teaching the course not taking it! Anyone who attends a course just to show others how superior they are in their knowledge of the subject frankly has no life and something wrong with them!!

If you are on a low income or on benefits, you can usually get a much reduced rate from the college, might be worth asking? You should talk to someone at the college, it might make you feel a bit braver about the financial aspect and might even make you excited to attend. I'm not sure what your position is, but Business Link can also offer free advice and free courses, I have found them really helpful.

The things that give you the biggest sense of achievement in life are the ones that you are most nervous about.

Good luck.
      www.truebloom.blogspot.com
      www.truebloom.co.uk
      My Etsy Shop

Comment

You have got over a bigger hurdle than this when you left your job!! It is very nerve raking doing anything new as it will involve new places, new people but remember these new people are potential new friends and they are just as nervous as you are about starting out further education.

Chin up, chest out, deep breath and when you enrole within a day or two of starting you will wonder what you worried about - go on go for it girl - your never going to dominate the craft world if you don't get some confidence!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

What's this I'm reading !!!!!!
          Is this the same woman who took the bull by the horn's and packed in a job she hated ?

You have a personality that will carry you through anything and that's only reading what you write on this forum.

I have spent most of my life feeling that I couldn't do this and couldn't do that and the only person that stopped me doing anything was myself.
          It is so daunting to try new things but I can tell you that nothing is ever as scary as the unknown.

If it helps my sister has just gone back to college to take a HNC and has blossomed into this woman who has found her role in life.
          As always sending you loads of hugs and good vibes and if that fails I am coming down the road to take by the hand to college I have ran out of space................. Janice xxx
          www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

You can do it!!!
            We all believe in you so that's tons of positive vibes wizzing there way to you!!
            I would think that to be honest you will be better going to college to do CAD than doing the learn direct. At college you'll have a tutor to help you where as at learn direct it is all self directed learning.
            You'll also meet some new people all doing the same thing.

By the way though, have you considered going on a maths course?
            1 mouse plus 1 mouse usually means HUNDREDS OF MICE!!! lets hope they were both boys or girls!!
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Aaahh, thanks for your lovely words.
              I dint look at it that way.Other people are there because they are just as in the dark as me about the subject.

Re meeses.I looked up 'mice breeding' the other day hoping it would only be a certain time of year but apparently it can happen all year round!!
              Anyhoo, 1 of them is gone so Ive put a stop to them having fun....I hate the idea of animals having a better love life than me.

Hmmm, feeling a bit more positive about the course now.Im just sure il not be able to find the right room and wonder around the in a daze only to be found a week later in a cupboard.
              I contacted the place where its held just to ask if there were any places left, so I have yet to hear back from them.
              Il keep you posted.

Btw, I went into town and had a half hearted look at jobs.There was one in a window of a sandwich shop, not asking for an assistant or a sandwich maker but a 'sandwich artist'...I had to giggle.What are the applicants expected to do, paint a baguette??

Comment

A couple of years ago i did a computer course which was free, think the government wanted to get people with the computer age. I was really nervous and thought everyone my age knows about computers already so they would think i was some kind of numpty.
                But of course there were people from all ages and backgrounds there all just wanting to learn, also it was really not like a class room, you did the course at your own pace and just asked the tutor when you got stuck.
                I completed it and was so pleased as we only did computers at school in my last year and to be honest i was too busy mucking about to care i hated that class!!
                The people on the course were very nice, we got to know each other well at the coffee machine!
                It will be the same for you, go for it thats what i say!!
                http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Like the others said everyone else in the class will be exactly the same as you - they're probably thinking and worrying about exactly the same things right this second.

Also think of that sense of achievement you'll get when you've done yet another thing even though it scared you
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                    [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Also think of that sense of achievement you'll get when you've done yet another thing even though it scared you
                    I have to admit, theres something evil inside me.
                    The next time I see either of my ex bosses and they ask me sarcastically 'hows life?'..instead of having to answer 'well, you bullied me out of my job and wore down any little amount of confidence that I had, so basically lifes crud!!'...Id LOVE to say 'Im doing a course that will help me get a design job, Ive made loads of friends, I have asocial life and everything is going great and Im really happy'....hopefully thatl wipe the sarcastic pompous smirk off their faces.

Comment

A Self-Help DVD.....

...honestly, it will help.

It's called 'Educating Rita'

It's a truly lovely film. Julie Walters is fabulous.

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts
                      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                        I have to admit, theres something evil inside me.
                        The next time I see either of my ex bosses and they ask me sarcastically 'hows life?'..instead of having to answer 'well, you bullied me out of my job and wore down any little amount of confidence that I had, so basically lifes crud!!'...Id LOVE to say 'Im doing a course that will help me get a design job, Ive made loads of friends, I have asocial life and everything is going great and Im really happy'....hopefully thatl wipe the sarcastic pompous smirk off their faces.
                        You can buy pretend voodoo dolls on Etsy if that'll help with your ex bosses!

As to confidence, you have to remember that YOU walked out of a crappy job when you weren't certain of what the future held and it takes courage to do that - a lesser person would still be there, still being bullied. It is daunting to do something new but once you do it you will feel so much better for actually doing it.

Lynsey x
                        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Seahorse - has anyone mentioned the 'Adult Learning Grant' to you?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...rant/DG_068348
                          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                            Now THAT kind of sassy, dont mess with me, I'm going NEW places and YOU'RE NOT attitude will carry you far far very far luvvy so hold onto it!

My self esteem and confidence-drain was my ex and I walked away after 21 years and even when I admit to you guys I need to find some other work to help get me establised.....TO HIM IT'S "yes thank you, I'm doing very well, some NLP therapy, some craft business oh and some voiceover work now so IT AINT YOUR JOB TO BRING ME DOWN ANYMORE, bog off....and by the way, Ive learnt how to have an **O** since I left you too!!!!!"

Educating Rita is a classic tonic, grab a drink and watch it!

Best of luck
                            Shaz x
                            Keepsake Kollections
                            & Rossendale Ramblings!
                            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Oh Seahorse!!!

I can't really add to anything else as its all been sent. The new pics you sent me the other day are really stunning - how can you not have confidence when you've created some really bold and fantastic jewellery?!!

Get on the course and get a little part time job that will get you back into the swing of things and will get your esteem back to where it should be.

I used to be so quiet and reserved until I took a part time store assistant job at Kwik Save when I was 18 working on the wines & spirits counter. I dreaded having to speak to customers and just mumbled at them. Then I realised I actually enjoyed it cos if I tried, I could actually sell them anything and had quite a good run at selling snowballs!!!

It did me the world of good and I've not looked back!! It also taught me how to stand up for myself when I used to refuse to serve customers who were worse for wear and the abuse I got for doing it!

So go girl!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X