My new job....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new job....

Ive just started a new job tonight! Im now working in everton football club, which is VERY bad for a Liverpool fan! Its quite good I worked with some real nice people. The fans from the other country were funny, counting out the money and getting all confused by it. I know how the spanish feel when we go over there and do it now! And lots of people got annoyed because we wernt serving alcohol! But it was fun, I like it, I think ill go back next week! This should get me through college methinks (finger crossed!)
    I like to make things - usually a mess!
    Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
    http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

lol! you can put some bad luck around the ground...a bit like what the 'spurs builders' did at arsenals new ground, supposedly they buried tottenham 'things' under the pitch!

I'm on the job hunt too. maybe i'm picky, but i dont see alot around!

GL with the job.

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

thats a brilliant idea! The first thing they told us is that were not allowed to have an opinion on the new stadium. We have to just say no comment if anyone asks, coz if we say its a good idea, we'll start a riot, and if we say its a bad idea, that will probably start a riot, or at least be in the papers the next day! Were not allowed to say we support any other team except everton either! And they had to stop selling ready salted crisps coz there in a red packet, and no-one would buy them! Its a very scary job as well as a nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by lauralou1601 View Post
        thats a brilliant idea! The first thing they told us is that were not allowed to have an opinion on the new stadium. We have to just say no comment if anyone asks, coz if we say its a good idea, we'll start a riot, and if we say its a bad idea, that will probably start a riot, or at least be in the papers the next day! Were not allowed to say we support any other team except everton either! And they had to stop selling ready salted crisps coz there in a red packet, and no-one would buy them! Its a very scary job as well as a nice one!
        LMAO...this is soooo funny. Some people are so extreme, my fellas a spurs fan & when I jokingly said i wanted to support arsenal he said he didnt think we could be together any more...lol...Lucky i was just joking...i wonder if he was **scratching head in a wondering way** lol!! Also, one time we went looking for some trainers & he wouldnt buy any that had red on them...as it was arsenals colours..so sad but so true! The funny thing is, red would actually quite suit him!!

s.x
        Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Well done with your new job. Glad it's good fun as well as bringing in the money.

Me thinks Liverpool is a bit like Glasgow where the football is concerned.

They dont serve peas in the resturant at Ibrox (Rangers) because there GREEN (Celtic)

Janice
          www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Congratulations on the new job.

Newcastle is just as mad about it's football. If stuff is black and white in the shops it sells and all are happy. Red and white (Sunderland colours) and there can be a riot!!
            Madness!!
            Anice xx
            Funkyhand x
            my website
            http://www.funkyhand.com
            my blog (updated 09/06/10)
            http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
            Follow me on Twitter
            http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

very confused by how anal those fans are about coloured foods!
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Congratulations with the new job!!

I just don't understand football and all the patriotism........!!

Comment

I've been a Liverpool supporter since the late seventies and I find it really funny that you can't sell crisps in red packs! I think earning money off of the backs of Everton fans is really a great idea, make as much out of them as you can!! LOL
                  www.littlebead.blogspot.com
                  www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Newcastle is just as mad about it's football. If stuff is black and white in the shops it sells and all are happy. Red and white (Sunderland colours) and there can be a riot!!
                    Madness!!
                    I understand this one entirely, as I am originally from Sunderland and used to live in Newcastle. I didn't like to tell people where I came from incase I was looked down upon

But the most extreme rivalry I've seen is Celtic and Rangers. In my previous life I was carrying out some Call Centre training, and threw a green marker pen over to a lad. I thought it odd when he kept his hands behind his back. He refused to catch it because it was green (the Celtic colours !!) and he was a Rangers fan. I had to give in and throw him a blue pen instead.

Debbie
                    www.beadservice.net
                    On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

hehe I thought it was only merseyside that was that crazy! They just bought loads of those 'challenge 21' signs and they had to take them all down, because people were trying to rip them of the wall, becasue they have red on them! Apparently, everton supporters are bulls or something!

Comment

I dont follow football so this is SO funny to me! Green peas, red peas, blue pens, green pens!

It sounds like it should be turned into a Cat in the Hat tale!

shaz x
                        Keepsake Kollections
                        & Rossendale Ramblings!
                        http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Working...
                        X