Car insurance...MOT...Tax...ugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car insurance...MOT...Tax...ugh!

So its that time of year for me, when i spend the next month being absolutely poor

ALL 3 happen in the same month, I have to renew my insurance and trawl about trying to find somewhere cheeper...not sheilas wheels incidently! Get my MOT and road tax. I always pay my road tax yearly,last year i decided against it as i end up with too much to pay at one time, the wonderful person that is my fella persuaded me it was a bad idea as its cheaper for a year...not cheap tho when you end up poor for a whole month...so i am totally ignoring him this year, unless he decides that he would now like to start paying for my tax as well as his own

Also, while i'm on my car rant, the fella keeps moaning at me for letting my car run out of water and oil (its only a small car & it runs out quite frequently!), so when i filled it up with water he said quote "why have you put water in it" my response "erm duh, you told me too" he then replies, "well you should have put the anti-freeze in, as your engine is likely to sieze when the weather gets really cold"...ok great, thanks for the tip...maybe try telling me that one first next time...

...it would, i'm sure save us both the bother in the future if he just did it for me...I am so totally not caring if i'm living up to the stereotypes...I need a hassle free life, with no dirty and greasy hands in sight....!!!!

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

I know what you mean. My tax was up last month but i had to go for 6 months and not 12 this time. My insurance was also up but opted for the monthly payments. My car isn't due an MOT for another year or so but i've had to book it in for a service which they said will cost £161. Cars seem to be getting more expensive to run these days. Last year i changed my car to a smaller engine (not smaller car as i need the space with 3 kids and a boyfriend) but i'm finding it a real drag and would love to beable to change it for a 'proper' car again. Hopefully one day i can afford to.

Hope you get through the month ok and fingers crossed there will be no more suprises this month that costs £'s
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sweet View Post

...it would, i'm sure save us both the bother in the future if he just did it for me...I am so totally not caring if i'm living up to the stereotypes...I need a hassle free life, with no dirty and greasy hands in sight....!!!!

s.x
      Dont you be worrying about stereotyping chuck, sometimes you just need to remind those around you that we each have our own skills, you value his and he (should) value yours...

Now you dont have to go to quite the lengths I was pushed to....my ex made me feel that small for years about not being able to drive or cook well enough to his liking that I upped & left in the end!...now I drive a 7 seater mini camper and cook home-made all sorts of things

Give him a kiss & get him to sort the oil n water out for you babe, I'm sure you help him with other things he's not so good at

Shaz x
      Last edited by Focus on Life; 17-02-2008, 08:08 PM.
      Keepsake Kollections
      & Rossendale Ramblings!
      http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Cars..

Car stuff in our house is definately in the 'blue job' list, just like laundry and doing the dishes is a 'pink job'
        Hubbie always moans at me as my one hated job in the whole world is filling up my car with petrol. It's not really the expense of it, even though it costs a whacking 75.00 to fill up my car these days it's just that i hate going and actually doing the deed, there's so much other stuff i would rather do! Hense the reason you can bet whenever he wants to use it it's running on empty!!
        As for the anti freeze, i got exactly the same off him last night! My car has been losing water slowly so i've been carrying around a bottle of water to top it up when necessary, hubbie has found the problem and has ordered me a part (or so he said!) so yesterday he asked if i'd had to fill the car up recently and i said 'yes today i put about a pint in' so that was it, hewent on and on about the antifreeze. Well blinking well do it then i said!!!!!
        Men!!!
        MInd you we didn't fall out it was the anniversay of our first date a whopping 19yrs ago!! i don't feel old enough!!
        http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X