Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got stitched up & I'm really annoyed

GRRRRRR arrrghhhhh.

Ok, so its my sons 4th b'day next wednesday. He wants to have a bouncy castle party like we did last year....fine not a problem, if only i could get a hall!!!!!

I had a hall booked, i got an answer phone message yesterday evening from the woman saying 'Oh i'm really sorry but your double booked. I didnt realise that the social club had booked the hall before you for the whole day that you are booked in for. I'm sorry'

RUBBISH. WHAT A LIE. what has happened is the social club have come along after me and decided that they want the hall the whole day and since i only need it for no more than 4 hours and i'm not a member of their silly social club, I s**t out of luck.

Now i know how these things work, i get the social club thing, but what i would have appreciated was for her to be honest. I can cope with honesty.

Now i'm going to be a crappy mother because my son will now have to wait until mid-march for his party bcoz she stitched me up and ALL the halls in the area are booked up.

Stress. un neccessary stress.
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

How people can do stuff like that when theyre dealing with little kids birthday parties amazes me, I feel for you Sweet

I'm not a mum but I'm racking my brains trying to think of another option for you? I just wonder what the woman would have said if you'd landed it right back in her lap to deal with? OK so YOU'VE let me down at this late stage, I expect YOU to find me an alternative venue...

Ggggrrrrrr indeed, hope you can have a lovely day anyway, whatever else you manage to do

Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

That just sucks, I just hate it when that happens, well, I hope the castle has a puncture, on the day you were meant to have it and that they have a brand new super-duper one on the day you actually do have it
      Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

That is awful - I don't know how they can do that especially when its for a little boy's birthday party.

I hired a room at a local leisure centre for my boys birthdays (they are a week apart in September) and it was a bargain!! £20.30 (to be precise) for 2pm till 4pm for actual party but I could go in from 1pm to set up and we left at 4:45pm!! They left equipment appropriate for 2 and 4 year olds and tables and chairs and came and helped me to clean up afterwards and they took all the rubbish away too!! I just had to sort all the food out and games etc!

I even had a little PA system in the room to play music (at one point I though Barney was playing in the entire sports centre as we overlooked the pool!!)

Good luck with finding something else

Comment

Oh this is awful I feel for you. I hope something bigger and better comes up now and that your sone has a really good day despite that person.

Sue
          www.susiedolls.com
          www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

That really sucks! My son is now eleven but I remember some very successful parties held at the local softplay area. As they are aimed at little ones and are restricted by age/height it gives them plenty of safe space to fool around in. At the end of the day little boys in particular just need somewhere they can burn off energy and rough and tumble together. I hope yoou get something sorted, good luck.
            www.littlebead.blogspot.com
            www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
              I hired a room at a local leisure centre for my boys birthdays (they are a week apart in September) and it was a bargain!! £20.30 (to be precise) for 2pm till 4pm for actual party but I could go in from 1pm to set up and we left at 4:45pm!! They left equipment appropriate for 2 and 4 year olds and tables and chairs and came and helped me to clean up afterwards and they took all the rubbish away too!! I just had to sort all the food out and games etc!

I even had a little PA system in the room to play music (at one point I though Barney was playing in the entire sports centre as we overlooked the pool!!)
              I did that too and it was fantastic give them a try because I know that a lot of the lesuire centres have the bouncy castle and soft play areas included in the price so that would save you the hire of the bouncy castle.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Lisa
              Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everybody! I have a hall and a bouncy castle booked now, and I dont have to pay just yet, so i might contact the local leisure centre! I tried to persuade my son that soft play would beso absolutely amazing, but he's not having it! Somehow when you suggest something to a child they think that you've 'promised'! next year he'll be at school...ergh loads of kids to invite!!!!

such hard work to please our darling children...lol

s.x
                Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

my 3 youngest have their birthdays 4 days apart, so it used to be joint parties,and they wanted to invite the WHOLE class, and as many had siblings inthe other class, ALL the siblings got invited too. Luckily not all could come!! I've had over 50 kids running round the house before now!
                  One year we'd bought them one of those boat shaped sand pits, but it was raining, so hubby put it up in their play room! I was hoovering sand out of the carpet for months!

Comment

Working...
                  X