Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WooHooo.....I'm Wireless!!!

Yeehaw!

The DD's bf has just technified the Appletree household! We are wireless....all 5 of us (6 when the oldest is home) are now wireless. I can see us becoming a totally silent household. We no longer have any cause to speak to each other. We can be a (totally sad) virtual family!

I can email the boys 'Tea is ready....' Yell at the DD to tidy her room over the microsoft messenger....

Cool!!!

Jules

PS Also have a lovely new laptop to be wireless on.....
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Ha ha, took me a while to figure out DDs bf but I got there in the end! What a clever & useful chappy to have around!

Enjoy yourselves

PS - my first job was operating a telex machine! Bless em, I wonder what recycling pile they all went onto? There was a clever dude on the forum the other day who'd make no end of amazing things from old telex machine parts!

Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

lol at our house I sit on my laptop in one chair and my partner on another. we just message eachother lolol
      Shabby Neesey

Comment

Wireless?

Hi!
        It's all beyond me!! Aren't you all clever! I can just about use my laptop and am very limited at that!! Maybe I should move on and live in the real world!! I'm thrilled to bits because I can use my printer but even that's limited. Maybe I should throw caution to the wind and experiment a bit!! You are an inspiration!
        Cheers
        SusieQ.
        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

You can now use wireless laptops in most mcdonalds. Handy when your on the road.
          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

wireless is great. I got mine a couple o fmonths ago. I cant wait till the sun comes out so i can sit sunbathing in the garden and doing my internet things. ha, i love it!

s.x
            Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

we went wireless a couple of years ao, and it's great. we had some friends living with us for a while, and they'd be upstairs on their laptops, and we'd chat, and decide who was going to cook,make coffee etc....
              only problem is, Ican't just go anywhere in the house with the laptop,as there are places the signal won't reach, 'cos many of the walls are 2' thick, and there's a limit to how many corners the signal will go round,so unfortunately the garden is out of reach!

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
                PS - my first job was operating a telex machine!

SNAP! My employer sent me to day-college to learn to touch type so that I would be even quicker sending all the telexes. I remember an engineer came in one day to fix it and informed us that pretty soon we would all be using something called a "fax" machine. When he told me what it was .... I didn't believe him!!

All that paper they used to generate .... we used to have 3 copies of every single telex .... files and files of the things. Mind you, it was so long ago, it was when people used to smoke at their desks!!!!

Still, I still average 40 words a minute, so if it all goes horribly wrong, I can become a typist again!
                Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Hi Jules

We have all been wireless for a while now. We never see the kids anymore, they are in their own rooms constantly chatting to their friends over the internet, its cheaper than texting as they can talk all day! We do say occassionaly wouldnt it be nice to actually go and visit them and talk face to face, but they just look at me like im mad.

heather
                  www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
                  for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
                  www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
                  craftyaddicts blog site
                  www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
                  My personal blog
                  http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Yey!! I've thought about it for home but it's all a bit beyond me...
                    We have free hotspot in the ice cream shop though so i can pla...aherm i mean 'work' there.... it's great!!
                    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Totally Sad....

I actually took my new laptop to bed last night. Instead of being normal and reading my book, I surfed t'internet and then played Mahjong...

Today the kids have been anything but quiet. They're all shouting from room to room 'Hey! Watch this on You Tube' and stuff to that effect....

This afternoon though I decided I was being too much of a nerd, and put the laptop away. Then I put all the crockery that I have on show on my dresser into the dishwasher, and cleaned the revoltingness off the shelves and dresser top. Ewwww.....thick, black and very sticky! Coal dust from our antiquated coal boiler (still waiting for the gas boiler to be fitted...) mixed with grease etc from cooking. Makes me feel like I live in a greasy spoon caff!

Anyhoo, it's all sparkling now and I feel I deserve to spend hours communing with my new laptop and it's wirelessness....yay! Having a spot of bother with the internal mouse pad thingy though...lots more sensitive than the old laptop!

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I could never get on with the laptop on boardmouse thingy,s have bought a mallUSBmouse and use that as normal.

i also at one point had a seperate keyboard too as couldn't manage very well with the laptop one ,but at that point I had loads of writing /typing to do

Comment

Keyboards..

Originally posted by ilovecrafts View Post
                          I could never get on with the laptop on boardmouse thingy,s have bought a mallUSBmouse and use that as normal.

i also at one point had a seperate keyboard too as couldn't manage very well with the laptop one ,but at that point I had loads of writing /typing to do

One of the reasons I bought a new laptop instead of a much cheaper desktop was the keyboard. Having small hands I find desktop keyboards way too big. I really struggle when I have to use Himself's puter.

Seem to be spending my life moving around the house invisibly attached to this laptop now....it's my life support system. Occasionally I have to plug in into the wall with it's umbilicus to charge up...

Jules
                          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

We have wireless too but my laptop needs to be plugged in all the time as it's battery is knackered - I blame the girls and the constant switching on and off of the plug socket! But it was great the other week when I was ill as I got to take the computer upstairs with an extension wire while the girls played in Anya's room and I sat in bed writing Cuteable posts!!
                            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

New Battery packs...

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
                              We have wireless too but my laptop needs to be plugged in all the time as it's battery is knackered
                              I got a new battery pack thingy for my old Toshiba laptop from ebay. It was £35 inc P&P but worth it not to throw out a laptop that cost me over £1k three years ago. No2 Son is using it now.

When I looked on the official Toshiba website a new battery was over £100...this one is a genuine, brand new battery for a fraction of the price.

Jules
                              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Working...
                              X