Pickled onions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickled onions...

...what is it about a jar of pickled onions that makes you forget you had them...and when you find them, you cant stop eating them?

...or is that just me?!

Shaz - eating pickled silverskins as I type!
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

the baby ones or the big fat ones? whichever they are yummy!
    did you find them in the back of the fridge?
    as there is this apparent onion shortage on its way you better keep a few!
    Av xx
    Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

reading that made my mouth water, mmmmm my nana made the best ones, stick a fork in and suck the vinegar off
      Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
      I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

The little baby juicy ones - and YES, AT THE BACK OF THE FRIDGE! - thats obviously where they all hide then, maybe they have a pickled onion forum and all agreed that's the very best place to be discovered

I didnt know about the onion shortage til, imagine my surprise, a related link popped up at the bottom of the page! You learn no end of stuff here!

Shaz x
        Keepsake Kollections
        & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

hehe, that made me giggle!
          Pickled Onion Forum. I wonder what they get up to on there?
          Do they make broccoli hats i wonder... i always find dead broccoli in the back of the fridge
          Av xx
          Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

...only 5 left

...so I'll heed good advice and put em back in the fridge in case of a national emergency...besides I just had a pickle flashback to when I was little and drank the vinegar straight from the jar!

Bedtime methinks
            Keepsake Kollections
            & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

that so reminded me of what my oldest son did when he was young.My Mom use to pickle beets every summer and my son loved them.I use to have to hide them from him.One day he found my hideing place and ate the whole jar full.(without me knowing)The next morning I heard him crying and screaming in the bathroom.I ran in to see the toliet full of dark red water.I was about to take him the the ER when he fessed up to eating the pickled beets. To this day I will not let him forget the day his Pee turned red lolol
              Shabby Neesey

Comment

You beat me to a similar story Neesey about pickled beetroot.
                Pre children I lived in a flat where the upstairs neighbour had kids. She came down to me screming and shouting that her daughter was bleeding .As a non mum at the time I dutiful inspected the potty (YUK YUK ) and proceded to drive her and said child to the doctors. Only for the confession to take place in front of one hysterical mother and several concerned medical people.

Since then my nephew pulled the same stunt but I was prepared for it that time....

P.S I like picked onions too and there in back of my fridge also... That's lunch taken care of having a ploughmans.....

Janice.
                www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

cheese and pickled onions, on little sticks, stuck into half a swede covered in tin foil....mmmmm.... can't beat that!

I made and ate loads of these for a party I went to last year!

I keep getting caught stinking of vinegar and denying it was me who ate ALL the pickled onions (gherkins/salami/chorizo) - I am such a fridge snacker (as in I stand in front of the fridge for 10 minutes at a time eating things straight out of the jar!)
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

Am I the only one here who can't stand the things!! Hubby loves them so I hide them!! My dad used to take cucumber in vinegar to bed with him. I guess its no wonder I'm an only child!!
                    Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

we grew up on dads homegrown veg and mum would pickle everything, onions, beets, red cabbage, eggs, and relish and chutney and although dad passed away last year she still makes all these things and we love them they don,t get to hide in the back of the fridge as we eat them asap.
                      while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X