Are you ready for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready for Christmas?

I finished my Christmas shopping on Saturday. I haven't got anything for my father-in-law as he is still thinking what he might want. I usually manage to get ideas from him but he doesn't need anything. He is in his late seventies and only does cross word type puzzles as a hobby. He has had lots of puzzle books and those calculator type thesaurus things.

I have finsihed making all my Christmas cards and I'm posting my first card this afternoon. The last posting date for Australia is 5th December and I'm posting a birthday card so might as well send them at the same time.

Are you all prepared?

I have to be prepared as its the peak season now in my full time business. We are on high up on exposed ground (semi rural) and get snowed in quickly in winter.

Mostly everything is done. I have a few last bits to buy and some stocking fillers for my daughter. Then I just need to wrap and there are probabaly about 4 parcels to post which I will do this month as some contain birthday presents for late november/early december, so everything goes in the same bundle. Must start doing that soon and stop knitting for a couple of evenings. Also have a pile of ironing to do soon that I have been ignoring. Then there is the lounge to tidy, enough to get the tree in there! I think there will be a couple of boxes of toys heading upstairs out of the way!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I can't get my head around Christmas this year and so far have only bought one small present (Woolly the spider) for my son and haven't even got ideas for most other people. Last year I was super organised and had bought most presents by now as my son was 4 months old and everything was bought online while he slept.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Are you kidding? Yikes! Apart from the stuff I had to make for festive events I haven't even given it a thought... Better get my backside in gear then - before some mean soul puts up a countdown clock to panic the disorganised among us

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
          I can't get my head around Christmas this year and so far have only bought one small present (Woolly the spider) for my son
          SSHHHHHHH! he might hear!

I have done nothing so far. I don't plan to until after baby arrives. I have a fair bit of Christmas stock made up, but have been asked to take it to the Craft WI group I go to on Thursday and I am hoping to come home with a lot less than I go with!
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I am with Netty. Home made for adults and money for kids. That me finished. Can't be doing with it this year.

I heard that.

Who was it that muttered 'Scrooge'. Ban em.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hey I'm a bloke - when's Christmas?

David
              www.panachegifts.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Panach...60271863992797

Twitter @PanacheGifts

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                (Woolly the spider) .
                I love Woolly and Woolly love me, we've been together since we were wee!
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

and I don't know who Wooley is ........ yet, but I think in the next couple of years I might get to know!
                  full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I have previously made lots of hand made gifts but not this year. I do miss out on some special offers shopping early but I do usually manage to get what people want. I weedle ideas out of them during the year when they don't realise. I give people the chance to exchange gifts if they aren't right.

I won't start to feel festive for another month though. It does feel a bit odd getting it all done so early. I don't usually get finished until the end of November but I needed to this year.

I thought a few people on here may be busy selling at events on the run up to Christmas. Doesn't that mean you need to have done your own shopping?

I haven't get my corporate gifts yet, not sure what to do this year. Its only a token gesture, I don't go mad.

Comment

Originally posted by rosecottage View Post
                      Hey I'm a bloke - when's Christmas?
                      Tell me about it! I think one of the reasons I haven't started yet is because I keep trying (and failing) to get hubby's input on what gifts we should buy. I don't why I thought this year would be any different.

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                      and I don't know who Wooley is ........ yet, but I think in the next couple of years I might get to know!
                      Yes you will. Woolly is brilliant, he makes new things not seem so scary to the little girl and also explains to her why she has to behave. The one where Dobbin the horse dies is very well done and brings a tear to my eye....but then I've been chronically sleep deprived for 16 months
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Have had to start early with Pete's 6 children and partners, 12 grands apart from friends and my family. Mostly bought from other crafters at fairs or waiting to be made where requested, not even thought about each others. Not quite panicing yet but by the end of the month I will be frantic. I did buy wrapping paper, tags and lights for the tables at christmas fairs today.

Mo.XX
                        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                        www.bodrighy.co.uk
                        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I'm a bloke and I bought my first Christmas present back in June... do I get some sort of commendation or medal?

Si.
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

Here's your trophy Si!
                            View my flickr

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                              Just for you Rhianno'ns favourite episode:
                              View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X