Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sense of Achievement....

...right! Mega-efficiency...

Today I've organised my Ma's combined Mother's Day & Birthday present, ordered my sister's birthday present in time for Feb 21st and got the ball rolling with the Secret Easter Bunny.

I've got my eye on something for Himself for Valentine's Day, and also for our wedding anniversary next month.

I've done the laundry, loaded the dishwash and vacuumed everywhere.

I'm just off to cut out wadding linings for tea-cosies....

...Excellent sense of achievement and efficiency prevails! I can be the grown up, organised person I'm supposed to be at (nearly) 42! Yay!

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Wowsa, lil miss organised, you put me to shame, I just micro'd some popcorn lol, apart from being sat here thats all i have done in 3 hours.
    Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
    I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
      ...right! Mega-efficiency...

Today I've organised my Ma's combined Mother's Day & Birthday present, ordered my sister's birthday present in time for Feb 21st and got the ball rolling with the Secret Easter Bunny.

I've got my eye on something for Himself for Valentine's Day, and also for our wedding anniversary next month.

I've done the laundry, loaded the dishwash and vacuumed everywhere.

I'm just off to cut out wadding linings for tea-cosies....

...Excellent sense of achievement and efficiency prevails! I can be the grown up, organised person I'm supposed to be at (nearly) 42! Yay!

Jules
      Do you still do valentines?

We are very sad Dh has never brought me a present and at the most 3 cards in the 11 yrs we have been together.
      I've actually brought a cow card off tip top this yr (as they are just too cute!), but I know I won't get one back

Thanks tip top

I feel organised this year as I have both M&D's birthday presents ready AND WRAPPED for the end of next month!!!

Well done Jules/super mum!
      incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
      ___

Comment

Nice one Jules, feels good dunnit

I've had quite a good day if if most of it was sat on my behind. Done the cleaning, washing and drying. Managed to sort out a great order of stamps from the US, sorted out my business plan, made a start on this quarters VAT, put some more stuff on website etc etc etc.

It feels better as thats all the stuff i hate doing so it's great to get it out of the way.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by incywincy View Post
          Do you still do valentines?

We are very sad Dh has never brought me a present and at the most 3 cards in the 11 yrs we have been together.
          I've actually brought a cow card off tip top this yr (as they are just too cute!), but I know I won't get one back

Thanks tip top

I feel organised this year as I have both M&D's birthday presents ready AND WRAPPED for the end of next month!!!

Well done Jules/super mum!
          Yeah - well done Jules!
          And thanks Incy!

I don't think we have ever 'done' Valentines.... we got together late Feb in 1992 after a failed first attempt (bit of a triangle thing going on!) so its approaching 16 years together, 15 years in May living together and 8 years married in July.

And I'm only 27 heheheheh!! Yeah, right!!

Comment

Now Now J you forgot to milk the cow and shoe the horse lolol
            I can't get my head out of the fog long enough to do anything.I have been working on a project for a week now and still not done.Hope what you have is catching
            Shabby Neesey

Comment

Sense of Achievement today.....

Originally posted by Neesey View Post
              Now Now J you forgot to milk the cow and shoe the horse lolol
              I can't get my head out of the fog long enough to do anything.I have been working on a project for a week now and still not done.Hope what you have is catching

....is nil. Nada. Niente.

I haven't actually managed to do anything today, but not for lack of trying. I spent ages working on my website for my crafts (not fairs) on Mr Site and just as I was going to save everything the danged puter crashed and it was all lost.......you may have heard my screams of frustration up by you.

Then the nice (but useless) lady from Business Link was coming round and I forgot about her, so was still in my dressing gown with bed hair when she arrived. Very professional.....

And, to top it all (literally) I'm very worried that I'm losing my hair. It's gone very thin all of a sudden...haven't a clue why, but I have noticed that I lose a lot when washing/ brushing it. This is seriously stressing me.

Not so sure that I am very grown up after all....

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

...and so the clever/dumb balance is restored! (only kidding Jules!) x

Well today I managed a bit anyway, made my friend's little boys 3rd birthday card (would send you all a piccy if I had got that far in my techie knowledge yet - am treading in your footsteps though, got myself registered onto that Flickr jobby yesterday...)

Spoke with Asda and might be taking my samples into their staff canteen area one day next week fingers crossed - I did a similar thing at B Gas and got lots of compliments NO PIGGIN ORDERS THOUGH but hey, it was the first visit & my stuff needs people to get off their BEE hinds and take some action when they get home....and that can be a feat in itself!

...and I'm nearly 42 too Jules, this June
                Keepsake Kollections
                & Rossendale Ramblings!
                http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

How?

How is it done? Why can't I do it!
                  Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
                    ...and so the clever/dumb balance is restored! (only kidding Jules!) x

Well today I managed a bit anyway, made my friend's little boys 3rd birthday card (would send you all a piccy if I had got that far in my techie knowledge yet - am treading in your footsteps though, got myself registered onto that Flickr jobby yesterday...)

Spoke with Asda and might be taking my samples into their staff canteen area one day next week fingers crossed - I did a similar thing at B Gas and got lots of compliments NO PIGGIN ORDERS THOUGH but hey, it was the first visit & my stuff needs people to get off their BEE hinds and take some action when they get home....and that can be a feat in itself!

...and I'm nearly 42 too Jules, this June

I wish I could have the ability to get into places like Asda. How do you do it??? I would love to get my goodies out into places. I'm good at making but RUBBISH at selling. Anyone got any advice?? Pleeease!!!
                    Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

I Think.....

Originally posted by sweet View Post
                      How?

How is it done? Why can't I do it!

....It was a fluke. I'm not sure how I managed it now.....It didn't last long!

I must get my butt in gear and sort myself out for a more productive day tomorrow. I had thought I might have the house to myself, but no, #2 son will be home all day as the school has some silly notion called 'Target Setting' tomorrow......

I have 6 strawberry cushions and ten tea-cosies to complete before I start on my next project and I've promised to complete everything I've already started before starting something new.....hahahah...yeah, right.

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by ezzyam View Post
                        I wish I could have the ability to get into places like Asda. How do you do it???
                        ...well I cant claim to be good at selling yet, only sold a handful of things to family & friends so far but I have no website or blog-job-dude set up yet, just starting out so fingers n everything else crossed!

As far as B Gas & Asda go, I used to work in an office myself & got the idea from those Book Club people who drop samples in then come back a week later. I thought maybe other companies might let me set up camp with my samples during their staff lunchbreaks if they have a canteen and B Gas were very happy to oblige & Asda sounds promising for next week (but havent confirmed yet so we'll see! Keep you posted how it goes)

x x
                        Keepsake Kollections
                        & Rossendale Ramblings!
                        http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Well I'm glad it's not just me that's had a futile day.
                          My biggest achievemet has been....

I've hit my 25 posts on the forum.
                          Woohoo!!!

The low point was taking dd and self to the Nurse for jabs ready for hols at half term. So now have 2 dead arms and couldn't pick up a needle if I wanted to!

My OH hasn't exactly got more romantic as time has gone - more like I've gradually worn him down!! lol Now I get Valentine card and prezzie with a lot of hinting!! Bless.
                          http://ethelandednastearoom.blogspot.com/
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Working...
                          X