X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else from the States here?

Hi all

Is there anyone else from the US here?

Not seen many, just lots of great people from Great Britain.

I'm from Charles County in Maryland just outside DC. Originally from Chicago.

Kathy

Hi Kathy

Yes I think there is a couple from the states here, but I think they live in the UK!

My husband is from just outside Chicago from a little place called Rockford... do you know it.

oh, and welcome to the forum.

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Hello and to the forum! Sorry I'm another Englander but I think we do have a few Americans around now and again. You are very welcome to stay here with us though..we all love to chat about craft and anything else going really, doing that doesn't matter which country you are sitting in!!
      Enjoy your time here.
      Anice xx
      Funkyhand x
      my website
      http://www.funkyhand.com
      my blog (updated 09/06/10)
      http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
      Follow me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

I live in Scotland now but am from the Tidewater area of Va.Been here for on and off 7 yrs. Glad you found us.I am sure everyone here will not mind another Yank lol
        Shabby Neesey

Comment

Great to hear from you. Think I may spread the word with some of my friends here so there may be more of us soon!

Comment

It's been all about the primaries over here and I'm sick to death of it all My vote went to Hilary Clinton on the Democrats side but I'm pretty sure she won't be the next president. Would be great to have a woman for the first time but Obama is getting so much momentum over here I can't see it happening.

The British prime minister seems like a very boring person. Even worse than Tony Blair.

Comment

Welome Kathy from another Brit, You'll enjoy it here.

Sue
              www.susiedolls.com
              www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Kathy!

I'm not from States but me and my boyfriend did a 4 month road trip of Canada and the US this summer. It was so great.

We started in Vancouver and drove down through loads of places, main ones: Seattle, Portland, San Fran, LA, Yosemite, San Diego to Las Vegas then flew to San Antonio then New Orleans, Orlando, Miami, Florida Keys, the Bahamas, (the rest is a bit of a blur which order we did it in!) Wilmington, Charleston, Savannah, Washington DC, Baltimore, New York, Newport RI, Boston, Buffalo, Niagara, Toronto and Ottawa.

We really miss things from over there like Slurpees, Mountain Dew, Popeyes chicken (soooooo good) and the KFC chicken bowl - OMG Fellow Brits - it is soooo good, please join me on the Facebook group to campaign to bring it over. I'll start new thread about it....

Oh, and I met Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon and Bill paxton (but noone seems to know who he is!)
                Yvonne
                x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by mymiyel View Post
                  Bill paxton (but noone seems to know who he is!)
                  ...wasnt Bill Paxton the guy in the second Aliens film who kept shouting "party over man!" ?

And/or the guy chasing tornados wi that Dorothy machine?

?

Shaz x
                  Keepsake Kollections
                  & Rossendale Ramblings!
                  http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

from me too. I'm afraid I'm not from the US either (my Sister-in-law to be is from New York but I don't think that counts LOL)!
                    Natalie
                    website blog

Comment

from me too !!!!
                      www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Hi and welcome from me too

I'm in the UK as well, up in the northern area, where all the castles are and sheep are. They filmed much of 'Harry Potter' here at Alnwick Castle (aka Hogwarts)

Debbie
                        www.beadservice.net
                        On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
                          ...wasnt Bill Paxton the guy in the second Aliens film who kept shouting "party over man!" ?

And/or the guy chasing tornados wi that Dorothy machine?

?

Shaz x
                          Yeah he is!!! Actually I've not seen Aliens, but if its the same guy who chased the tornadoes then yes!
                          Yvonne
                          x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                          My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by mymiyel View Post
                            Hi Kathy!

I'm not from States but me and my boyfriend did a 4 month road trip of Canada and the US this summer. It was so great.

We started in Vancouver and drove down through loads of places, main ones: Seattle, Portland, San Fran, LA, Yosemite, San Diego to Las Vegas then flew to San Antonio then New Orleans, Orlando, Miami, Florida Keys, the Bahamas, (the rest is a bit of a blur which order we did it in!) Wilmington, Charleston, Savannah, Washington DC, Baltimore, New York, Newport RI, Boston, Buffalo, Niagara, Toronto and Ottawa.

We really miss things from over there like Slurpees, Mountain Dew, Popeyes chicken (soooooo good) and the KFC chicken bowl - OMG Fellow Brits - it is soooo good, please join me on the Facebook group to campaign to bring it over. I'll start new thread about it....

Oh, and I met Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon and Bill paxton (but noone seems to know who he is!)

OH OH OH I MISS MT DEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Shabby Neesey

Comment

Hello

I'm American, but I have been living in England for 8 years. I was born in New York naer Buffalo, and grew up in California just north of San Francisco... my Parents now live in Idaho so we go there twice a year to visit. I'm new on here too but everyone seems really nice and encouraging...
                              Visit my blog Meridian Ariel or my Etsy Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X