Mobile phones and onions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile phones and onions

As the title suggests, i am slightly angry.

I have just been called "silly" by someone in a call centre

The reason for this is because I do not want a new phone, my contract is just about to expire so they want to upgrade me, I asked why I can't just keep my phone and keep paying my phone bill, he said because the phone is free, Nope still don't want one - it is a waste of resources for a start, well apparently , that is just silly, it is free! <10 minutes more of this circular conversation, but its free, but I don't want one, but it's free, I don't want one...>

What?

Can anyone on this forum explain to me why I need a new phone? I already have a phone with so many features that I don't use, it makes calls and sends the odd text, what else do I need? Oh, and I can't just carry on paying, I have to have a contract!

I do need a mobile phone, and that is a genuine need not a "I need to be able to text my friends at all points of the day" its a "I may get ill and need help" kind of need. So I can't just tell them to sling it.

Whilst I am on the subject, did you know that due to the poor season last year and all the rain, there is going to be an onion shortage? and what are they going to do about it? Import them from New Zealand! What?

How many of you guys going to die if there are no onions? I know I am, I can't survive without them, I actually have an onion in my handbag, you know, just in case!
    www.beadlab.com

Don't be silly of course you need to check your emails, surf the web, take pictures, videos, listen to music.... all with just a mobile phone!

I'm pay as you go - so no silly contract or people phoning asking if you want a new phone.....!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Well.. they are the silly ones. How can they possibly 'make' you have a new phone? If you are happy with the phone that you have, why should you want a new one? Shouldn't they be happy that you are sticking with them for another year, 18 months?

Idiots! Idiots! They are loosing a customer!

And for onions? Onion sarnies are the best! Damn UK rain
      Av xx
      Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

I agree with Indri. My contract bills were anything from £30 a month upwards and I didn't use most of the alleged benefits of the contract (i.e. all the included call minutes etc). So I went to Pay As You Go.

I now pay around £10 every month or so, if that. Why waste money you don't need to spend?

Having said that, my onion is still on contract.

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

A lot of people take the new phone (get the best most expensive one they offer) sell it on ebay and make a couple hundred quid So you pay for your line rental and still get to keep your old phone
          Im down with Fraggle Rock

Fraggies Fripperies

http://fraggiesfripperies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by fragg1es View Post
            A lot of people take the new phone (get the best most expensive one they offer) sell it on ebay and make a couple hundred quid So you pay for your line rental and still get to keep your old phone
            Yup, done that before!
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

Pebbles just take whichever phone is on offer.. Best to get the newer version of what you have.. You can just leave it in its box..

Why?

Well phone arn't designed to last.. You only have to drop it once and its gone.. etc..

I give me old phones to friends and family on pay as you go too

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by fragg1es View Post
                That's exactly what I would do! (Well, it's what I would do if it wasn't the case that every time I come tot he end of a contract my phone has been dropped down stairs and suchlike so many times that it really could do with being replaced )

Comment

I rented a washing machine for a while once from Granada or similar. When I ended the contract, I called up to arrange cancellation and they offered me the chance to buy the washing machine for £75. I realised they didn't want to pick it up but said no as I'd bought a new one. They then said "How about buying it for a tenner?"

I said yes and then sold it for £60 to a colleague!

Take the new phone...
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

Comment

Either take the new phone and sell it or ask them to deduct the cost of the new phone off your bill. My OH did this with his up grade and got £150 off his contract.

My Sis has just took out a new contract and traded her old phone for £150 and got a PSP free with her new phone.

Use them and make your self some cash. they get enough out of use.
                    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

i took the new phone on offer kept it in its box and sold it on ebay for £190 which i spent on more stock for my crafting and got to keep my old phone which i had just got used to working after 6 months!!! as for the onion thing - please don,t start such awlful rumours i can,t manage with out my daily onion fix (oinon sarnies,cheese and onion sarnies, tuna and onion oh you get my drift )
                      while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X