Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for primary school admissions...arghhhhhhh

Ok,

so I have finally got around to making the application for my son to go to primary school in september. Wow, how stressful! I have done it online so I can still change it up till the end of the month!

They recommend you put 3 schools. I have out 2. I REALLY REALLY want him to go to the school round the corner from us! It is an amazing school. I will scream if he does not get accepted!

On the form there is a section where you can write anything down that may 'help' your application..huh? what? Is the fact that i think my son amazing not enough! lol...so I was typing away and it dawned on me that I could have been writing a speech for the oscars...oh dear!

So how did others feel by this whole process?

I'm still feeling a little overwhelmed at the realisation that my son is actually almost four even tho I look at him and think 'baby'! hence putting of the school application.....still it will save me a fortune on nursery fees!!!!

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

We had to have ours in at the end of December - Matt did it all! I'm hoping that the fact that Anya goes to the school nursery 5 mornings a week will help. We had to choose another school too and we refused to put the Catholic school down on there so we had to choose one on the other side of town. I'm pretty confident that we will get into the school where she is at the moment.
    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Gone are the good old days of the LEA just sending parents a letter stating "your child will attend blah blah blah" usually whatever you were in the catchment area for!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Being rural, there's none of that up here, there's no choice!! Still have to fill in the forms though!!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

When i moved from Kent to Gloucester whilst I was pregnant, I looked into the schools in the area, I chose to move where I am now purely based on the school..then they take away the whole catchment area criteria & add a load of other criteria!!! Doh!

I feel like i'm going to be stressing about this now until i'm told he's got in! Just when I was hoping for an easy life!!!
          Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Ours went in for Shelley on Monday. Our form is surprisingly easy, and I didn't bother putting a second choice because my son already goes to our catchment primary school. If she doesn't get in I'd want to know why. There are lots of other primary schools but the best one other than the catholic school which we wouldn't apply for, is 2 minutes walk away. No excuses for being late.

Shelley will only just be 4 when she starts, she going to look so dinky and I know already that I'll be choked. She's such a pleasure to have at home.
            Amanda
            xx

Comment

I went to a catholic primary and secondary school, since it was mentioned twice, why wouldnt you put it on your list? I know why i wouldnt send my son to a catholic school, but was just wondering?!

also, if ur closest school was voluntary church aided, but not catholic denomination, would you consider it?
              Last edited by sweet; 23-01-2008, 05:40 PM.
              Sophie.x

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Originally posted by sweet View Post
                I went to a catholic primary and secondary school, since it was mentioned twice, why wouldnt you put it on your list? I know why i wouldnt send my son to a catholic school, but was just wondering?!

also, if ur closest school was voluntary church aided, but not catholic denomination, would you consider it?

We wouldn't send our children to the catholic school simply because we are not catholic and there are other good schools here. If there wasn't any choice other than to send them to a church school then they would go providing it was a good school but we're not in that situation.
                Amanda
                xx

Comment

When we were younger the catholic school was the best one in the area, i think thats the only reason mum 'made' us catholics...lol..coz we ceartainly aren't now!!
                  Sophie.x

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Originally posted by sweet View Post
                    When we were younger the catholic school was the best one in the area, i think thats the only reason mum 'made' us catholics...lol..coz we ceartainly aren't now!!
                    There were a lot of "catholics" when we lived in London. They all started about 6 months before the admissions forms came out!! The church used to get very full ............ ( then six weeks after the kids started at the school they forgot to go to church!!)
                    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

lol beadsbydesign....so v.true!!!!
                      Sophie.x

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

I think our forms had to be in in October!! Well, it was ages ago anyway! Samuel will be virtually 5 when he starts school as birthday is 13 Sept and he is quite ready now!!

We put the local school down as first and second choice......

Jacob will start school in 2010 and probably the day of his birthday too as he's 6 Sept........

Comment

Working...
                        X