Kids!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids!!!!!!

I cannot believe how much my life revolves around them. It seems as though all I do is play taxi. Last night I took Ollie for his violin lesson ......came home ......... went back to get him then ...... came home ...... took Eden to her singing lesson.... came home...... collected Ollies friend.... took her to her singing lesson, collected Eden..... came home ...... collected Ollies friend took her home...... came home. I was just sitting down for the first time when Joe arrived down clutching two pieces of paper (letters from school from two weeks ago) about an iopen evening tonight regarding the sixth form..... I could have screamed. I was really angry that I'd had no notice but luckily I have nothing on tonight.
    Tomorrow it is the college ope night to attend with Joe.
    Last weekend Ollie was doing a recital at the local recital club so we had to go to that. monday was my turn to take the kids to latin at the university and then next weekend we are going to a show that Eden is in.
    Now I have just realised that I am double booked in a couple of weeks coz Eden is in her first festival and I have a jewellery making class booked.... will have to cancell the class.... hope they don't lynch me!

STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Gone before you know it....

...They'll all be grown up and flown before you know it. My oldest will be 22 this year..seems like two minutes since he started school.

For the very reason, and it sounds incredibly selfish, that we don't want to spend hours every day being taxi drivers, our kids are, and always have been, limited to clubs they can join at school for extra curricular activities. We're very lucky in the fact that both younger children go to very good local schools with lots of fun & exciting clubs to join. They can walk there and back easily & safely.

Also very lucky as the oldest one is away at Uni, the other at college, so they do as they wish now that they're old enough to organise themselves.

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I am listening!!

This will be me in a few years! Samuel already goes to Tiny Tigers on a Friday afternoon and once he's passed his purple belt grading (on Sunday) Jacob will go along to watch. Fortunatly, its dad who takes him - I just have to get home for 4pm to keep Jacob out of mischief! And once Samuel starts school in September he'll go on a Tuesday afternoon too. And then no doubt Beavers...

Comment

Anya has already started asking about dance classes - which I know she will enjoy but we will just have to see when they are. I've looked at some and they start straight after school (well when Anya gets there in Sept) and go on until 6.30/7.00 - my children are in bed by then and will be until they go into juniors (give or take half an hour!)
        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

We are not to bad these days since my daughters fiance passed his driving test. Now he can pick her up and bring her home,which means hubby can relax more in the evening, that is until the other two start asking for lifts everywhere!

Heather
          www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
          for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
          www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
          craftyaddicts blog site
          www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
          My personal blog
          http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Oh Yes....

Originally posted by heavenlygirl View Post
            We are not to bad these days since my daughters fiance passed his driving test. Now he can pick her up and bring her home,which means hubby can relax more in the evening, that is until the other two start asking for lifts everywhere!

Heather

The DD's bf is a Godsend...he takes her places, collects her etc. And he was a darling when Himself was ill. I was promised help by my inlaws which never happened, but Oli was there whenever I needed help. I paid him for his petrol though, fair's fair. He's a lovely lad.

Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts
            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

My daughters fella is the same, when hubby needed picking up from hospital and driving home over christmas when the sight went in his eye he was the first to offer even though he has only just passed his test an he was in hospital 50 miles away from home.

Heather
              www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
              for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
              www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
              craftyaddicts blog site
              www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
              My personal blog
              http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

As my mum put it when me and my sisters were younger "I am not a taxi" I used to think she was horrible! but it's all becoming clearer now!

My son is almost 4, he has pianio lessons on a saturday which I have to rush back home after I finish work to take him, the driving backwards and forwards to nursery..the school run will start in september, I am really really not looking forward to that! He has already said he wants to have drum lessons and go to a football club...the football I'm having nothing to do with...that sounds like a dad job to me! And the list goes on, at least I only have one so I dont have to split my time up too much (she says!!)

s.x
                Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Working...
                X