Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just applied for a new job!

Eek....

I've just spent most of morning whilst at work applying for a new job. I hate completing application forms but hopefully this will be worthwhile if I get it (miracles may happen).

I'm currently working as a medical secretary (band 4) in the NHS and I have applied for a junior management position (band 6) within the NHS but at a completely different hospital.

I feel really nervous about applying for it. I hope it's not too much of a leap going from band 4 to band 6 (2 levels on the salary scale).

Here's me being optomistic though...

If I get it, it will mean moving 80 miles north to Stafford to live with my beloved boyfriend and i'll be nearer to my favourite bead shop too

Let's hope it will be New Year, New Job. Fingers crossed!

Is anyone else thinking of changing their job for the New Year?
    Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Good luck Debs on the job front. I'm in the NHS too. I was a medical secretary at the sunny Western Infirmary in Glasgow then I got promoted to Administrator in sunny Stobhill (note the play on words - where is the sun!!!) I was a grade 4 medical secretary too and got the grade 5 post here however still waiting for the Agenda for Change people to assimilate me onto my band - been told I am one of the problem cases - doesn't that just figure.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I've been banded as medical secretary but the post I have applied for is still to be banded subject to agenda for change.

I hope it stays at band 6 because then if I do get it I will finally be able to move out of home

The joys and lack of salary working for the NHS!

At least I can chat on the forum in work time, he he
      Debs

Comment

I appear to be at the other end of the spectrum!! I've just applied for a p/t job after having spent 9 years at home with small kiddies!! Problem is I might get it and then I will have to reorganise my life to fit a job in which means childcare etc.!!

Good luck with your job - it sounds more interesting than the 1 I have gone for!! Sadly at the end of the day we all need money!!!!

C x

Comment

Originally posted by crafty-clarie View Post
          I appear to be at the other end of the spectrum!! I've just applied for a p/t job after having spent 9 years at home with small kiddies!! Problem is I might get it and then I will have to reorganise my life to fit a job in which means childcare etc.!!

Good luck with your job - it sounds more interesting than the 1 I have gone for!! Sadly at the end of the day we all need money!!!!

C x
          Good luck with yours too! I hope it works out for you
          Debs

Comment

Not getting a new job (love the one I've got - WAH crafty mum!) but I am expanding my repertoire soon. It will mean I have got to be super super organised as there are only 24 hours in the day so I'll probably be on here asking for organisation tips!
            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

I feel really nervous about applying for it. I hope it's not too much of a leap going from band 4 to band 6 (2 levels on the salary scale).
              Debs - if you look at the payscales, by the time you've taken into account any overlap between bands and any transitional points (although I think they might have gone by now) there probably isn't a huge difference between the top of band 4 and the bottom of band 6. The payscales should be published on your intranet - if not ask your HR Department or Payroll or check out the DoH site.

Linda
              (PA - Band 4)

Comment

Gosh.....

...it's like a foreign language to me. But I do understand about being nervous applying for jobs. Good luck to all you applyees!

I haven't applied for any jobs, but I have applied to go on Deal or No Deal.....it's the only tv prog I watch at the moment, and I'm heavily addicted. Thing is, I've now got so many craft fairs organised that even if they do get back to me, I don't think I'll have the time to do it. I'm not even sure the online application went through. The site is a bit of a nightmare. I didn't get a confirmation page come up when I clicked submit, it just took me back to the login page, so I don't know if that's right or not.

Ah well.....not to worry, I would probably only win 1p!

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
                X