January....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January....

....I don't like January. It always seems such a long and depressing month to me. Once January is over, there seems to be this sudden rush towards spring with it's bright lime green leaves and blossom.

Things to look forward to ths month; a trip to visit Bewl Water in Kent to organise a craft fair weekend, Himself's hospital check up and my Dad's birthday. I've also written a list of the new things I want to try and make for my craft fair stall, so of course, I had to buy new fabrics......

I find it hard to get out of bed on dark mornings, I just want to sleep & sleep. I'm severely attracted to the open fire, cosy throws & hot chocolate too. My sister thinks I have this Seasonal Adjustment Disorder syndrome.

But January just seems to be the lonnngest month. Or is it just me?

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

I'm quite lucky that my birthday is at the end of January (I'll be 30 on the 30th!) so I do have something to look forward too. I find February a bit boring and long though!
    What new skills are you going to lean?
    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
      I'm quite lucky that my birthday is at the end of January (I'll be 30 on the 30th!) so I do have something to look forward too. I find February a bit boring and long though!
      and I'll be 39 on the 21st!!!
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

No new skills...

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post

It's more new items and ideas I've had for my sewing. I've got a note book with pages and pages of ideas that I've come up over the past months but have been too busy to make. I have these books everywhere, even in the loo, in case I think of something. If I don't write it immediately down I'll forget!

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          and I'll be 39 on the 21st!!!
          And I'm 38 on the 27th!!

My hubby says my birthday is at the worst possible time of the year - we're always skint after christmas and he doesn't get paid until the 29th of each month.
          Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Jan. and Feb. are gloomy months up here in the wilds of Scotland and March is not much better.I do have my greenhouse to keep the blues off and sa soon as it's light I am out there. I try to do a lot of my cutting out for my patchwork after it gets dark.That way when I am ready for a day at the sewing machine all I have to do is grab my box of patchwork pieces and go to town lol. I have already started cutting my wood and sanding it for my signs so all I have to do is paint. This is also a good time to hit the thrift stores becouse thay will soon be changing to spring and you can get some good bargins.
            There are some days when the wind is blowing 25 Miles a hr. that I would rather stay in bed and sometimes I do. Really you have to catch up on sleep sometimes lol
            Shabby Neesey

Comment

I hope January is a good month for us - as you may have read, our house is going on the market this week so I'm hoping this month is better than the last few have been - bad luck seems to have followed us recently! The worst thing for me about this month is the long wait to get paid! Must say though, it was a lovely day here today - spent all of it grafting in the garden mind, but walking the dog was lovely
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

My step-mum drove to Bridport yesterday and she said she nearly crashed the car when she saw the front garden of one house she passed.

It had daffodils swaying in the breeze!!! Real, live, yellow daffodils in January!
                Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Lambs....

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                  My step-mum drove to Bridport yesterday and she said she nearly crashed the car when she saw the front garden of one house she passed.

It had daffodils swaying in the breeze!!! Real, live, yellow daffodils in January!

We went down to Exeter early in December and past a field with baby lambs. What a treat that was! A lovely sign of things to come...in December! They were very tiny so only about a week or so old.

I nearly bought a bouquet of spring flowers at Sainsburys yesterday, but they were all hot house grown, so very little scent on them. I love mixing daffs and tulips in the same vase, but you need to soak he tulips for 24 hrs before putting them with the daffies or the daffies will die. There's something in the tulip sap that reacts badly with daffie sap.

Taking down the Christmas decs today so maybe I'll get some flowers tomorrow. It'll be dull with out the fairy lights. Tidy, but dull. And the tree is looking a little worse for wear. It's so dry we'll be able to burn it on the fire....not dropped any needles though, so it did well.

Right....I'm off to make giant strawberries.......!!!!

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I Want These in my Garden....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87...ts/daffies.jpg

I love them...pink daffies! I hope the pic worked as the insert image button doesn't seem to be functioning.

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Pink daffodils

I want them too .... where do you get them from? Are they spe******t or will my garden centre have them?
                      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

And I'm 38 on the 27th!!
                        and Im 27 on the 14th..

I dont mind about January really. The year is going to fly by as usual and soon it will be Christmas again!
                        Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
                        My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
                        My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

It seems like January is birthday month. Anyone else?
                          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Pink Daffies

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                            Pink daffodils

I want them too .... where do you get them from? Are they spe******t or will my garden centre have them?

They're called Pink Cloud. I think it's a bit spe******t. I had a 'reader offer' leaflet with them in and forgot to send for them. Don't know if I might still have the leaflet. I'll look for it and let you know.

They were very pink though.

Jules
                            Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I planted Pink Charm last Autumn.Have my fingers xxxxxx that the moles didn't get them The moles and I battle all the time lol
                              Shabby Neesey

Comment

Working...
                              X