I've got a mouse.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a mouse.......

Was looking out of the window at my rabbits this morning and there were a couple of little birds pecking at the food the naughty bunnies keep kicking through the wire. Then a tint little mouse ran out from behind a tree stump, grabbed a bit of food and ran back.
    it's not all that far from the house and I am worried it might be tempted in to the house..... or that is has a huge family lurking somewhere.
    I'm gonna try and get a photo next time I see it.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

We had a mouse in our house a few months ago, finally caught it using a humane mouse trap with a bit of snickers bar in it (someone on here suggested peanut butter and it was the nearest we had handy so thank you whoever it was). The trap finally got it in the middle of the night and me having supersonic night hearing woke up. The poor thing was obviously scared and trying to get out and I felt so sorry for it I made hubby get up at about 4am and we drove up the lane and released it into fields.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I think we've got them in the walls - old house - because me and Mr Swirl were lying in bed one night and there was lots and lots of scurrying noises coming from inside the walls - either that or out neighbours are tapping on the walls at us!! Doesn't bother me as long as they don't find a way out!
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Not Going One Better......

.......but we have a rat.

Don't ask me how it got here, because it lives between the ceiling & floor of the 2nd/3rd floor of our house. It must be suicidal, moving into a house with 10 cats - not that they have been very effective.

I'm going to call the ratcatcher (brings to mind the creepy childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....) unless the DD can catch it first. She's got a humane trap from the place where she does her animal management course, and tonight will be the first night it's going down. She has been trying to tame it enough to catch it, but no luck. Once it's caught it's going far far away, too far to come back or bother anyone else.

It scurries about, and you can hear it gnawing stuff....I bet my bedroom ceiling will fall in..

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts
        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

We got a neighbourhood cat to catch the mice near my parents home once. Worked a treat. Found dead mice for about a week then never saw another one. The only problem with humane traps is that house mice are sometimes less likely to stay in them as they have more idea how to escape (afterall they got in the house so they must have figured out how to work all sorts of things).

Make sure with a humane trap that it has plenty of bedding in it! If you are trying to keep the mouse alive to release elsewhere then it could die of exposure in the night if you don't give it some bedding.
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
            Make sure with a humane trap that it has plenty of bedding in it! If you are trying to keep the mouse alive to release elsewhere then it could die of exposure in the night if you don't give it some bedding.
            Oh never thought of that, looks like I did the right thing then by getting hubby up in the middle of the night to release my mouse...he was a cute little thing (the mouse not my hubby )
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I am going one better....

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
              .......but we have a rat.

Don't ask me how it got here, because it lives between the ceiling & floor of the 2nd/3rd floor of our house. It must be suicidal, moving into a house with 10 cats - not that they have been very effective.

I'm going to call the ratcatcher (brings to mind the creepy childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....) unless the DD can catch it first. She's got a humane trap from the place where she does her animal management course, and tonight will be the first night it's going down. She has been trying to tame it enough to catch it, but no luck. Once it's caught it's going far far away, too far to come back or bother anyone else.

It scurries about, and you can hear it gnawing stuff....I bet my bedroom ceiling will fall in..

Jules
              We have a whole ruddy family of rats living in our garden! Sometimes they run right alongside the house and if I ever see them I bang on the window.

My next door neighbour has bird feeders everywhere which makes his garden a rats' equivalent of Macdonalds!

They build their nests in our garden and then go and eat next door.

In a way it's quite good (!) that they make their nests in our garden because it means I can pour tons of rat-poison down the holes without worrying about my dog or Toby seeing it. We then put earth back over the hole entrance and wait for the next bloomin' hole to appear. I originaly tried using a rat-zapper but the blighter's never set foot in it so now I have to use poison.

The whole estate is a complete rat-run where I live because you've got about 50 houses with all their gardens backing onto each other in a big rectangle with is perfect for the little buggers!

What is it they say, for every human their are 3 rats - we've got our full quota!
              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Ugh! all this talk of rats and mice reminds me of when I lived on my own and I had my old cat. She loved bringing me mice as presents in the middle of the night. I can't count the number of times she woke me up by jumping all over my bed chasing a mouse she'd brought in. She never killed them just played with them which I thought was really cruel! I became an expert mouse catcher, my neighbours must have thought I was very strange running around the house chasing mice at 3 in the morning about 4 times a week.
                Oh happy times...
                Anice xx
                Funkyhand x
                my website
                http://www.funkyhand.com
                my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                Follow me on Twitter
                http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

we have a massive family of mice at our office!

We have electronic mouse deterrents, mouse poison, traps.... all of it! I have nibble marks on my bottom drawer where they tried to get in at my orange juice (after I had cleaned out the mixture of poo and orange juice from their last visit).

Every monday morning there is mouse poo on my desk, it's yukky.
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                    Every monday morning there is mouse poo on my desk, it's yukky.

Uggghhh!

Mice are incontinent too ... so wherever they go they're weeing the whole time!

Read this (maybe not while you're eating though!)
                    Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X