So when are you travelling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when are you travelling?

So it's all over the news today that today is going to be the busiest day for travel..

For about the last 5 years I've cheated the system and have 2 lots of xmas...

xmas version 1 at Friends near my home for lunch.. I then normally travel on the 27th to miss the traffic..

Anyone else like me or is everyone on the road right now?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Just back from Waitrose for things missed off the delivery yesterday and now home until the New Year, apart from walking the dog. Don't do sales. hence do not do shopping centres or the high street

Comment

We are staying at home to avoid the travel chaos. Helpfully breakfast tv was telling everyone to travel on xmas eve morning to avoid traffic as the roads are always empty then. Except this year when everyone who watched breakfast tv decides to wait until xmas eve morning to travel!!! Like you when we do travel it tends to be in the gap between xmas and new year early morning.
      http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
      http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems

Comment

We won't be travelling anywhere until Christmas morning, we always go to my mum's for the day and she has anything from 6-14 people for dinner, think it's going to be a small one this year. Roads are always very quiet on Christmas day and it's only 20 miles away anyway

Boxing day we're down to Essex to visit my Nan and then on the 29th we're over Ipswich way for a friends do - we always used to all go out for a Christmas meal but now most of us have got young children and we all live a bit further apart it's so much easier to meet up at someone's house with everyone bringing a few buffet items instead.

I'm like Caroline I don't really do sales and to be honest I hate how busy the shops are around Christmas so I won't be driving around Cambridge for hours trying to find somewhere to park - I did all my Christmas shopping online this year.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

We are travelling 1/4 mile to workshop and back today - 15 miles to Farmers Market tomorrow and then nothing until Boxing Day when we shall be back in the workshop - wrapping and packing orders that come in on Christmas Day, we had loads last year:-)

Certainly don't do sales - most of them are a bit of a con and like mentioned before - pushing through crowds is not my idea of fun

Marry Christmas:-)

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

when we lived in London we always went up to my mum and dads up here on Christmas eve about five o clock as soon as OH finished work. (stupid or what)
            We'd get onto the M25 and crawl or park for hours. Usually by the time we turned off on to the M1 one of the boys would be being sick and every year my OH would get rabid in the car moaning that "we are not doing this next year"
            One year when my middle one was three weeks old, we set off as usual, in the driving snow, fog and ice. I was emotional and desperate to take him to see my mum and dad.
            We crawled along in minus silly temps with the windscrean wipers frozen and the car light on front barely visible. The usual 4.5 hour journey took over 10 hours!

Now we live up here, it's so much better. I just walk round the corner to sleep at mum and dads.
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Oh no not the overflow car park for London aka M25 I do feel for you and try to avoid if at all possible but sometimes just have to drive with gritted teeth

Comment

Well its 11 minutes past 11.....................yep survived and the world didn't end so will be doing a charity collection at the local supermarket tomorrow and going to a family do in Daventry on Sunday. Back to work Monday and then we have Christmas Day at home with daughter who has been abroad for 3 years. Unfortunately Boxing Day sees my son return to work at one of the big Supermarkets - 9.30-5.30. Who on earth needs to shop on Boxing Day after all the spending of the next 4 days!

David
                www.panachegifts.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Panach...60271863992797

Twitter @PanacheGifts

Comment

I travelled today. I drove to Sainsburys, round the car park twice, out and home. Just popping up to the local Coop instead now. lol.
                  Carol
                  God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by rosecottage View Post
                    Well its 11 minutes past 11.....................yep survived and the world didn't end so will be doing a charity collection at the local supermarket tomorrow and going to a family do in Daventry on Sunday. Back to work Monday and then we have Christmas Day at home with daughter who has been abroad for 3 years. Unfortunately Boxing Day sees my son return to work at one of the big Supermarkets - 9.30-5.30. Who on earth needs to shop on Boxing Day after all the spending of the next 4 days!

David
                    My OH is a Daventry boy and as its such a small town I expect he would know your family. Mmm.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                      I travelled today. I drove to Sainsburys, round the car park twice, out and home. Just popping up to the local Coop instead now. lol.
                      I did something similar last Friday - drove into town to grab a few bits but came home again as nowhere to park at all and this was at a quarter past four on a dark rainy Friday!
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Daventry is central apparently - we are coming from Worcs, Warwicks, Cambs and Oxon. Not sure where we are meeting - its the other side of the family and I'm just driving and paying!!

David
                        www.panachegifts.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Panach...60271863992797

Twitter @PanacheGifts

Comment

I avoid going anwhere for xmas! luckily enough to not need to.
                          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                          X