Chore day.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chore day.......

As this is the only free day we have before christmas, it was no good procrastinating any more we had to clean the flat oooh I hate the actual cleaning but love the place when it's all lovely and sparkly again, not that it stays that way for long. Living next to a furniture factory the air is permanantly full of fine dust. Sometimes there is an advantage in living in a small flata lot less to clean. As it was a pre christmas blitz had to do the hated oven as well.................

What's your most hated domestic chore, the one you procrastinate about the most and will do anything else other then the dreaded one ?

Such a busy week next week with three fairs including two long days but hopefully they will be worth it. Those of you not out selling today hope you are taking it easy.........of course you're not you're all panicing about christmas like I am LOL

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

>>>you're not you're all panicing about christmas like I am

Not true! I am in panic mode!!!

We're busy getting ready for a Christmas market this weekend...and cleaning ... I'm trying to do small spaces at a time...wearing my respirator for dusting and vacuuming...I HATE doing any of it that raises dust. I don't mind washing, but hate having to take benadryl to dust and sweep. Makes me so sleepy.

The tree is in the house but undecorated. H&W were supposed to come over yesterday and help with that, and we were going to do other Christmassy things, but I got a touch of a tummy thing, as did they, so it was called off. They were crying...I felt like it, too.

BUT, their winter break starts later this week so they'll be out here a lot. It helps me, having them here - I get more done than when I am sitting around all alone. =(

Walt has two guitars to ship tomorrow, and will be busy all week finishing other guitars for this weekend.

A really cold "cold front" is due to hit tonight and we'll have real winter for about three days, then it will warm up again. He has gone to get propane for the little space heater. Our central heating keeps making the breakers flip, and there we are suddenly with no heat. Fun! So we have to keep it turned off. Not so bad until we have a cold front.

Comment

Mo, I thought you had a live in cleaner.

i hate cooking most, although cooking polymer clay, pine cones and papier mache are top of my love list.

I hate ironing, but don't mind ironing my sewing!
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
        Mo, I thought you had a live in cleaner.
        She does but I'm not apparently good enough. She insists on lifting carpets and moving furniture for some reason

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
          She does but I'm not apparently good enough. She insists on lifting carpets and moving furniture for some reason

Pete
          We are the other way round. I would much rather sit and sew than clean but OH can't stand the mess so is now quite practiced with the hoover, washing machine and dish washer. I am nobodys fool.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
            We are the other way round. I would much rather sit and sew than clean but OH can't stand the mess so is now quite practiced with the hoover, washing machine and dish washer. I am nobodys fool.
            I would rather do anything than the cleaning but it has to be done and so much easier with two of you than having to do it all by yourself even if I do have to set some standards that have to be adhered too LOL Good cleaners are hard to find, maybe I don't pay enough...............

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
              I would rather do anything than the cleaning but it has to be done and so much easier with two of you than having to do it all by yourself even if I do have to set some standards that have to be adhered too LOL Good cleaners are hard to find, maybe I don't pay enough...............

Mo.XX
              Payment in kind is always acceptable

Pete
              "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
              Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                Payment in kind is always acceptable

Pete
                except it just mess's the place up again so prob. not worth it.
                Carol

Comment

My daughter likes helping with the cleaning and tidying. Makes it a lot more fun! I do however not like ironing. I have a habit of ignoring a small ironing pile and then letting it get so big I am there for hours trying to get through it. I really should just get the small piles done more frequently.
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

except it just mess's the place up again so prob. not worth it.
                    Ummm, what kind of 'kind' makes that much mess ????

Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Wood turning?????????
                      Carol

Comment

Wood turning?????????
                        Methinks we are talking at cross purposes here.............my ''live-in cleaner'' wants paying in kind to do a good job as I don't pay well enough to expect him to move furniture etc LOL greedy I know but you have to give in to the blackmail as you just can't get the staff these days !!

Mo.XX
                        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                        www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

No Mo. I understood perfectly lol. If he was well enough I would send you mine for a day or two as he cleans beautifully. I keep telling him he is better at it than ,e so he has to keep proving himself.
                          Carol

Comment

Working...
                          X