Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best time of day to go to the Post Office.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time of day to go to the Post Office.

If you read my grr thread yesterday you will understand why I'm asking what time is the best to go to the Post Office... ?

I'm thinking of going in the next few minutes ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

I'd go now.

Miss all the school kids and parents but not get caught up in the office 9to5 workers.....

Don't blame me if it goes pear shaped

Comment

Either first thing in the morning or after lunch.
      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Now !!!! Friday's a nightmare. Have you got the right docs. this time ?

Cheers Janice

P.S I dont want the blame either
        www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Oh Dear...

...I avoid the PO at all costs when it's coming up to the end/ beginning of the month. Those queues are seriously bad news......

....Not that that helps you much Mr M. But like TipTop says avoid the school rush...

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

No schools in SoHo

Just got back and wasn't to back about 15 people in front of me...

The nice lady at the counter said I should of gone in 1hr ago as its was empty

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

That's the way it goes! if you walk in it's heaving and if you aren't there it's empty... maybe they watch for you!
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Makes you want to scream when they tell you that!!

Comment

Dont you just hate it ! I upset the queue at our local PO yesterday ... went in just before 2pm with a bag of stuff (quite a few already stamped) and there was only 2 people in front of me at that point. Of course by the time I finished there was about 10 people behind me (only one counter open because the other lady was on lunchtime) and then 2 very rude rough blokes moaning very loudly right next to me about not 'liking waiting' - cheeky cowards really though as they didnt actually say it to my face although I turned round... I had to bite my tongue not to say something.. after all this is my living, I work hard and they only wanted their 'free' money... grrrrrr..
                  Mel

Comment

I'm with you Mel, same thing happened to me yesterday, I had 25 jiffy bags of orders to post. I ended up going back twice as they just sold me the stamps that I needed and I had to come home put them on myself and take them back to get the recorded delivery slips stamped, which I had already completed before getting there. Next they will want me to deliver the mail myself too!! Just because there were a few people in the queue that had to wait 5 mins! I'd already let 3 people infront of me!
                    Did the same again today but it was empty and they were quite happy to take their time chatting away when I had better things to do!!!
                    Anice xx
                    Funkyhand x
                    my website
                    http://www.funkyhand.com
                    my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                    http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Anice you should do what I do.....I take a bundle of parcels into the post office in the morning and leave them there, then go back in the afternoon with another bundle. It's an arrangement that suits us both, they get to do the parcels in the quiet periods and I don't have to hang around waiting for them to be done (feeling guilty as the queues build) when I could be back working. I always pay at the end of the day (they now know me so trust me ) but I've seen other people leave the money upfront and then collect their change with the receipts.

Admittedly I live practically nextdoor to the PO so making 2 or 3 trips a day isn't a problem.
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

We used to do that - leave it at the PO and pay for it a few hours later. We used to write the weight on for them too and also how it should go, but mistakes were made. When it got to the point of £200 a time (at least once a week) when we were doing this and I was quite pregnant and struggled carrying the 10 carrier bag full of stuff in the rain and wind and could not park close, husband decided to get a home pick up and we use smart stamp.

Now soooooo much easier, although it costs £50 a year to do the smart stamp and I think £260 for the postal collections, but at least we have the volume of mail to justify it (not my craft stuff I may add!).

The smart stamp is certainly a good investment as unless you are sending recorded etc you can just drop it in the post box and don't need to go in the actually post office!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post

Now soooooo much easier, although it costs £50 a year to do the smart stamp and I think £260 for the postal collections, but at least we have the volume of mail to justify it (not my craft stuff I may add!).
                          I've been thinking about the postal collection service, especially when we move into the shop. Do you still get a proof of postage if it's collected?
                          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I do the banking daily for the shop, i find the best time to go is mid morning or about 3 when most people are back at work after lunch, or picking the kids up from school.I go to a smallish PO not the main one, and i find the staff soooo annoying as they are just chatting to everyone ( i know they are just being freindly but if i did that when there was a queue down the street in the ice cream shop do you think the customers would have a go at me? Yes of course they would!!)So it's a no win situation, you either go to the main PO where there are ALWAYS queues, or you take your chance at the afore mentioned times at the small PO but get to listen to everyone and their dogs life story....
                            http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X