Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have Sympathy, please?

Oh, what a day.....

Firstly, I'm delighted that I'm inundated with people wanting spaces at Reading. But I've shot myself in the foot, hoisted my own pettard....

By haggling and bargaining I got the prices down so far that we've managed to go from a dozen or so people definitely interested to everybody clamouring for a space!

I've spent all morning on my laptop writing grovelling letters of apology to all those people I'm having to disappoint. A lot of whom I've now met, a lot of whom have stuck with me through thick & thin. A lot of whom registered their interest in Reading when it was so iffy.......and I feel so, so bad.

Originally, when I first posted about Reading we had 15 spaces to fill. Now we are down to ten. Two of these are reserved for foodie people. Leaving me 8......and the clients have stipulated one of each craft (which I think is sensible) but it's hell out here telling everyone else this.

I just can't say how sorry I am, and how bad it makes me feel, turning all this talent away. There's a huge feeling of 'Will they come back to ATCF in future, or not?'

I need sympathy...please The chocolate's not enough any more....

Jules
    Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 21-11-2007, 02:22 PM. Reason: iffy spelling
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Sympathy for an organiser?.....................ah, but you're different Jules, so you can have all the sympathy & hugs you need! You're just going to have to step up a level, and go for the big ones!

Comment

No...

Originally posted by Beadsage View Post
      You're just going to have to step up a level, and go for the big ones!

Thanks Peter! All hugs appreciated.

No, I like being on the small side. I don't want to lose the personal side to organising. Which is probably my downfall, because in situations like this, I feel like I'm letting my friends down.

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

You can only do sooo much, the people will have to wait till next time [[[Julie]]].
        But there is always the option as sugested to step up a level

Good Luck
        Wendy xx

www.wendysaffordableweddings.org.uk

Comment

Dont feel bad!!!Just shows you can aim to accomodate more crafters, as many as you are comfortabel with next year.

Im looking forward to it.Make a banner saying 'Seahorse, Im here' so I can find you amidst all your customers.
          https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Jules,

I think you will have no problem keeping your crafters even if they didn't get in this time round.
            Reading your posts and all your helpful advise your always willing to share attitude that's what gets loyalty.I just wished you worked up the road (Scotland).

I think this will be a great success and I will bet my bottom dollar it will be bigger next year.

Big Hugs and all the best
            Janice.
            www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

A Sign...

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
              Dont feel bad!!!Just shows you can aim to accomodate more crafters, as many as you are comfortabel with next year.

Im looking forward to it.Make a banner saying 'Seahorse, Im here' so I can find you amidst all your customers.
              I shall have a sign up saying 'County Seahorse'! You'll spot me a mile away - I'm the loony.

Janice, I keep telling Lisa I'll get back to Scotland one day....I will too!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Well, if it was me you were writing to then I'd understand because you are personally writing which means a lot more than an email!

Plus, I'd be first to ask for a space at any of your events if only I was closer...... can we not tempt you to come up North??!!

Comment

Sorry...

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                  Well, if it was me you were writing to then I'd understand because you are personally writing which means a lot more than an email!

Plus, I'd be first to ask for a space at any of your events if only I was closer...... can we not tempt you to come up North??!!
                  I did mean emails TipTop. I would love to have hand written 442+ personal letters, but I just can't. And people needed to know the situation sooner than Royal Mail could tell them.

I am still apologising, as lots of people are settling down to their computers after work and getting their disappointing emails from me...

It's just horrible. A total nightmare.

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post

I've tried and it hasn't worked yet!
                    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

We need to hatch a plan....

Or go on holiday where Jules will be holding an event hehehehe!! Oh yes, that thought has crossed my mind a few times but I think I'd struggle to get eveything in the car.

Could always leave something behind heheheheh!!

Comment

Sending you some hugs but its so not your fault (((((((((((hugs))))))))))) but i do know how you feel i have had to do the same thing no where near as many people as you have had to tell so i do feel for you

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

To be truthful Jules I would rather be let down than go to an event where you have lots of people making the same thing - if you have one of each craft the people at the event have a better chance of selling and that is definitely a big plus in my books. I hate it when you go somewhere and it is full of the same craft - it's not good for the people buying and it's not god for the people selling - so don't beat yourself up about it. Just point out next year if they want a chance get their bookings in early.

And come on holiday and do a craft fair up here that would be soooo good - I am pig sick of organisers up here I think I only know of 1 organiser who actually cares who comes to her shows and restricts them to 1 or 2. I'm sure Janice will agree the amount of duff ones we have been at.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Jules,

I don't think anyone could possibly be put off working with you just because you have been limited by the size of an event.

I'm looking forward to your 2008 events and hopefully being involved.

Si.
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Awww.....

...thanks.

You guys are such a tonic. I do feel better today.

And I did get some sewing done yesterday evening. I'm going to a Ladies Evening tonight, as a seller. It's being organised by someone else, which will be nice. Might learn a few new tricks......

I'm busy making smaller things; tea-cup pincushions, scented pictures etc as there won't be much room to display my full range. We've got table top space only.....

I think the organiser has crammed in as many tables as possible, but that's fine because this is for charity.

Jules
                              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Working...
                              X