Warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning!

Don't know whether this is true or not but I was sent an email yesterday saying
    "
    Postal ****
    Can you circulate this around
    especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following ****:
    A card is posted through your door
    from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906
    6611911 (a
    premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail **** originating from Belize.
    If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.
    If you do receive a card with these
    details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator) at www.icstis.org.uk "

Just thought I'd share it with you all.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Thanks for the warning. Sounds like the sort of thing you wouldn't realise it was a ****.
    Amanda
    xx

Comment

Thankyou

Thankyou for the warning,
      we have many parcels delivered here for one reason or another, & often cards are left, it will make me think before i phone.,
      Julie x

Comment

That **** was around last year, so if it's happening again this year I wouldn't be surprised....
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I remember hearing about this **** last year, it's in today's Cambridge Evening News http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news...51052d423e.lpf so guess it must still be a problem.
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

We've had emails at work about this
            Luckily there is usually someone in every day so we very rarely get notes pushed through

Comment

Thanks for the heads up - I'm expecting something from Canada so I probably would have rung this number if I'd got one through!
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Unless you stay on the line, or it's an overseas number, it can't cost you £15

ICSTIS have a limit on how much it can cost from a BT land line - IIRC it's something like a maximum of £3 a minute.
                It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I contacted royal mail the other day about this, the e-mail i recieved back from them was as follows:

Thank you for your email dated 18/10/2007 regarding a card you have
                  received from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service).

It is our understanding that this card informs you that they were unable to
                  deliver a parcel and then asks you to contact them about it.
                  Unfortunately, the number displayed is a premium rate telephone number and
                  can cost a significant amount of money in relation to ordinary telephone
                  calls if you should call the number.

As you may be aware, we are obliged, under our Postal Licence, to deliver
                  all mail as addressed. Unfortunately, this means that we are not allowed
                  to intercept this type of mail prior to delivery and therefore have to
                  deliver it as addressed.

In these circumstances, you may wish to contact PhonepayPlus, the premium
                  rate service regulator, by visiting their website at www dot phonepayplus dot org dot ul (sorry cant post links yet...if you type it in...there are no spaces!) or you can call their Call Centre on 0800 500 212
                  between the hours of 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank
                  holidays). You may also wish to contact your local Trading Standards
                  Office for further guidance.

Thank you for contacting me about this matter and I hope you will find my
                  reply both helpful and informative. If I can be of any more help however
                  please let me know.

Hope this helps!
                  Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Thanks for the warning !!!! I order loads of ribbons from the U.S.A and would have phoned the number too.

Cheers Janice.
                    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Working...
                    X