Ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch!

Feeling really fed up. I have an infected finger (on my right hand so can't get on with any Christmas prep), and by time I get to see a doctor it will probably have dropped off!

Then after tea today a large piece of my tooth came away and managed to get wedged inside what is left of the tooth. It doesn't hurt yet but sure it will.

these things seem to go in threes so am wondering what will break/fall off next?

Quick hurt something badly and then you'll have got it over with I hope you feel better soon.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Epsom salt in warm water for the finger!!! Put about a tablespoon of the salts in about 2 cups warm water and soak until the water is cold. Do this several times a day!!

Swish warm salt water (table salt) around in your mouth to get that chunk outta there before you choke on it! Do this several times until it comes out!

Comment

"Before you choke on it"

Cosmic, you crack me up!

Bead Fairy - I could suggest polishing little things until your thumb nail splits and disappears, or squeezing you van into a parking space then whamming your finger between the two wing mirrors when you try to open the door.... but I won't. I'll just sprinkle fairy dust on you and hope the third thing doesn't happen.

Comment

I have an infected finger (on my right hand so can't get on with any Christmas prep), and by time I get to see a doctor it will probably have dropped off
          If it's infected, it needs immediate treatment before the infection gets into your bloodstream and creates further trouble. If you can't get an emergency appointment at your GPs practice go to the nearest walk in centre or A&E.

Same with the tooth, it sounds like this is an emergency situation and requires urgent treatment.

Linda

Comment

Linda is absolutely right - little miseries can lead to big miseries...

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Got tooth sorted today, dentist was able to do a repair job on the filling so didn't need an injection (result!)

Finger almost better. I didn't need to go to doctors in the end as it started getting better on it's own, thanks I think to lots of hot salty water.

Nothing else happened to me (touching wood like mad) but my Henry hoover died so wondering if that counts.

Right it's full steam ahead with Christmas now as I've got a bit behind and it's only five weeks to go....Oh my goodness how did that happen??????

Comment

Working...
              X