What are the odds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the odds?

I keep getting all these emails from China and India trying to sell me nails and flourescent lighting......so here I am, entering a sweepstakes at a national chain import store...but I have to give them the email addresses of five "friends."

I will never win this sweepstake, and I hate to give them friends' email addresses (I have permission for two) so what if I just add these Chinese and Indian skaam email addresses??

What are the odds, then, that I would win, and they would get $500US!? I would also only win $500. Is it worth the risk of feathering their nest ???

Cunning! I like it.
    Helen
    http://www.handbagsbyhelen.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/HandmadeHandbags
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/HandbagsbyHelen

Comment

I can just imagine 15 or 20 employees at that address fighting over who get's how much....if there were 20 working out of that address, each would just get $25, whereas I would get my full $500. Hmmm.....yeeeeeeessss......

Or their boss would get their full $500 and they would all plot and plan to get even...heh heh heh.....

Okay, do I want to be morally responsible for a few hard working skamsters getting a small bonus, or do I want to be morally responsible for them being guilty of mayhem.

Ah, well, I'm not going to win anyhoo, so it's moot. But sorta fun to think about.

Comment

you can use my email Susan I am very good at ignoring spam. I will pm you it if
        you want it
        sally

Comment

Alright Sally, let's go for it....all we can do is lose. =(

Comment

You never know, Susan, it might result in your spammers receiving a lot more spam themselves
            Celia
            I can't be creative and tidy too
            www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
            The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
            Jencel on Facebook

Comment

That was my goal....but I bet they have some kind of excellent spam prevention/firewall program...

Comment

ooh an evil plot emerges. but if you need an extra email addy I have a defunct one you can use....
                Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

I'm watching this with a big grin on my face. Revenge is sweet.....

Comment

Okay, how about this....there MUST be a way to set your computer to send out emails on certain days at certain times....soooo, I set up a hotmail account and simply set up 500 emails a day to go to these spahammers....but I would prolly get in trouble....they don't get in trouble, but I would, without doubt....Murphy's Law or something...

Comment

Just thought I would warn you, I used to work for an anti-virus company and if they are sending out SPAM its very possible they dont know they are doing it. Usually there is a small piece of software which runs quietly in the background of their computer sending out vast amounts of spam with their email address and they dont even know about it.

Of course they could be legitimate spammers in which case they deserve everything they get
                      My Little Spot Of The Internet
                      My Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for the warning, hon - not to worry, this is not viruses...this is email from companies....I can even give you a list of the companies' names and their representatives and their contact info if anyone cares to send them lots of friendly emails! That's my latest approach - I wrote Bruce from China about my recent surgery and got lots of sympathy and concern...wrote another guy and told him I had reported him to my state government's office for internet abuse and got a reply apologizing profusely and telling me how I am his friend and he is mine!

Comment

I think it's ****mer, spammer, hacker or may be a phishing
                          lots of email's are contain this kind "virus", they used any kind of method to hack somebody by using your company or even you friends to hack you. just be carefully in given some information that you didn't know
                          I love crafts in my design

Comment

Which email program do you use? If its Outlook there are various rules which you can setup to automatically put these emails straight into your junk folder, same with Gmail, Hotmail etc. They all have the option to bin them. If you want pm me and I can talk you though how to do it.
                            My Little Spot Of The Internet
                            My Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                            X