freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freezing

Can't believe it's the middle of summer, I'm am sooooo cold. I am wearing winter clothing now. Just feeling very sorry for lots of friends who have gone down to greenbelt festival camping!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

I know I can't believe how quick its turned. This week I've been getting up in the dark!
    www.beadhall.com for semi precious, pearls and glass beads
    Twitter - The Bead Hall Ltd

Comment

It's done nothing but rain here all day, though I've not found it particularly cold. It's true though, Autumn is in the air. It's dark when I get up and dark again pretty much by 8.30p.m. I do like Autumn, but September is SPIDER SEASON..................Urg!!!
      Wid

Comment

I LOVE Autumn! Its when my birthday is for one haha, but when all the leaves turn lots of beautiful colours (but it has to be sunny still to enjoy the season!)
        My Homemade Life

Or at least the early beginnings

Comment

I have heard you love the season you were born in, I was born in the spring, and have to say I love all the fresh rebirth of spring the best.
          Wondering what everyone else's favourite season is ? and dose that saying really stand up? hmmmm!!!!
          Its pretty grim here today, Rain, rain and more rain, cold too. Went looking for my big slippers brrrrrr!!!

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Originally posted by KayleighAnn View Post
            I LOVE Autumn! Its when my birthday is for one haha, but when all the leaves turn lots of beautiful colours (but it has to be sunny still to enjoy the season!)
            Me too! Me too!

There's something comforting about seeing the leaves turn and start to fall and needing to put on a light jacket and scarf when you go out - maybe I'm mad or maybe I'm just another autumn birthday person
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Brrr. I have to cross the back yard to get to my workroom, hairdo gone for a burton what with the wind and the rain. Feet wet and cold. Honest, I didn't complain about the sun, heat and drought.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Yes!!! Autumn is the best!
                My Homemade Life

Or at least the early beginnings

Comment

I think autumn appeals to carfters on so many levels.
                  The colours are stunning and very inspirational. ochres, umbers, golds, reds, oranges and fires.
                  The nights draw in and there is less to do in the garden meaning that you can do your crafting.
                  there are lots of mother natures gifts around to use in your creations.
                  Can you tell I am a fan too.

I'm a winter baby, but the paynes grey and zinc oxide world don't do it for me.

Comment

Yesterday I put this autumn ditty on my blog

As aging summer spreads her hands
                    To catch the falling leaves,
                    She turns them into wondrous shades,
                    The autumn patterns she weaves.

To make them whisper and to shake
                    She gently blows them round
                    Allowing sun to glint on gold
                    As they flutter to the ground.

The floor is now a carpet of bronze
                    An amazing sight to behold
                    The artists pallet could not improve
                    As onward the season rolls.
                    Carol

Comment

That's a beautiful poem Carol. Can I borrow it to put on my blog about autumn colours in the near future?

Comment

Thankyou. Of course, be my guest.
                        Carol

Comment

One good thing about this year summer is that it hasn't been so horribly hot at night so getting sleep is then not an issue. I generally don't like summer as it is usually too hot and I have hayfever! Any other time of the year suits me!
                          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Supposed to be nice for the next few days here, I really should not moan - at least we are not in the middle of a Hurricane or Typhoon like our friends over the Pond. x
                            I was born in May and I must admit I do like the start of the light evenings and Fresh blossoms of Spring.

Comment

I don't know what is happening to the seasons this year.

We looked at the bird table yesterday and there was a Robin feeding, they don't usually arrive until winter.
                              Lynda (Nothing but Cross Stitch)
                              Stitching Diary
                              Facebook Page
                              Website
                              Twitter Account

Comment

Working...
                              X