Not happy with the bbc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not happy with the bbc

I'm a bit of a fan of F1 and have watched almost every race live for about 20yrs now...

Well today the bad news came out and it's so pointless...

I'm so pro the bbc but now with this decision!

Why?
    bbc are only going to show 1/2 the F1 races... Why 1/2 grrrrr ... to save money??? Sky sports has won the deal so I now have to PAY for sky sports to watch just one program

My problem is why 1/2 should be either or in my opinion.. I have to pay for sky sports now so why don't the bbc save even more £ and show no F1 or just highlights!!!

grrrrrrrrrr
    rant over!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

F1 and football, golf and some snooker - all not being covered by BBC1 in the same way anymore.

They may not be able to keep the 6 nations if ITV really want them and may not get all of the Olympics!

They just seem to have decided that sport, almost all sport, just isn't worth it any more!

But they are keeping Wimbledon - yay?
    Do not watch this space

Comment

Sky seems to win the majority of things that people really want to watch. Supply and demand they have the popular things and then have a captive market who if they want to see it have to pay for it. Council telly is crap nowadays. Sky keeps teasing me with programs that I really want to see on Sky Atlantic but I have resisted so far.

Drew
      Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
      our Facebook page
      follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Comment

WHAT!!!!!!!! Hmmm - what am I going to do with Sunday afternoons during the summer then? I'm certainly not paying to watch races and it won't be worth watching only half of them.

Makes you wonder why we pay the license fee sometimes.

Disappointedd
        Linda

Comment

Suddenly doesn't make that awful itv coverage a few years ago seem so bad now does it?

Once upon a time England international football matches were protected from pay tv as it was deemed to be in the national interest to have them available to all but even those are often on sky now.

I'm on an Ipswich Town FC forum and people there usually post links to live streams of their games (quite a few games are shown live in scandenavia) so I'll quite often follow the links and watch them on my laptop - not 100% sure how legal that is though so if it's not then I DON'T do that
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Sky can offer dedicated channels and not upset part of the population so it is a problem. As DH subscribes to the full sky package, movies, sport the lot will not affect us, perhaps I should cancel the sky sub for sports, Hmm!!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately it is not down to the BBC but F1, the reason that the BBC are not showing the full races will be around cost and it will be F1 who are asking for more money.
              Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roslet View Post
                Unfortunately it is not down to the BBC but F1, the reason that the BBC are not showing the full races will be around cost and it will be F1 who are asking for more money.
                Yep but half makes no sense... Non is better than half in my opinion

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
                  Yep but half makes no sense... Non is better than half in my opinion
                  There's serious complaints in our house too, three mad fans of F1 and no Sky.....I may have a few very quiet weekends next year when the men go off to a friends house to watch the races. Does sound like greed has got in the way (again). The Beeb have done a brilliant job of coverage this year, did you notice the camera on a wire at Silverstone that followed the racing round the bends?

Apparently Sterling Moss has said he thinks the decision to go to Sky is a dreadful one for motor sport.
                  www.formerglory.co.uk- www.seatweaving.blogspot.com - Facebook page - Twitter

Comment

I'm all cross and moany too. Half? What good is that? Highlights - don't mean as much if you haven't seen what led up to them.
                    Oh moany moany moan moan.

Comment

It really is a hideous decison to take the F1 to Sky, motorsport is an expensive sport to follow or be involved in and taking it off BBC just makes it even more inaccessible to the masses. Not a very happy household here!
                      www.lucyliz.co.uk
                      Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...99555560065251
                      Blog: http://lucy-liz.blogspot.com/
                      Twitter: @lucy_liz

Comment

My husband is not happy about this either: he's been really grumpy since the news came out.
                        I miss watching cricket which went skywards a long time ago.
                        Lynda (Nothing but Cross Stitch)
                        Stitching Diary
                        Facebook Page
                        Website
                        Twitter Account

Comment

I'm very disappointed as its been brilliant watching GPs without adverts. So now for 1/2 races we'll have to put up with adverts and 1/2 without.
                          Hugs

Lol
                          xxx

http://www.facebook.com/CovlollyCrafts

Comment

I've only just heard about this and me and hubby are disgusted by the general attitude of the BBC. They have forgotten their role as the nations main media channel.
                            Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it because we don't have a choice about paying the licence fee, so we cannot sanction them for doing things that we don't like.
                            I'm going tomiss Sunday afternoons, sitting with my sewing and watching the race. I wonder what they are going to show in its place....more repeats of bad sitcoms ummm? Or yet another chat show?...No, wait! Who would like to see the Morcombe and Wise Christmas special again?

Comment

I was delighted to hear that Sky has taken over some of the F1 coverage hope they take the lot over. I'd rather watch Country Tracks on a Sunday morning than the achingly dull F1. Motor racing isn't really a sport, it is hugely damaging to the environment with a massive carbon footprint and encourages the boy racer mentailty.
                              My favourite sport is athletics and I'm glad the BBC has a lot of live events such as the London Grand Prix and The World Championships from Korea.

Comment

Working...
                              X