Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts for the day, week, year, lifetime............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts for the day, week, year, lifetime............

A few extracts from a longer piece by George Carlin. If you want to read the rest see it here http://greenyes.grrn.org/2006/02/msg00087.html

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you. Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Have a nice life, Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Aloha Mo :-),

Hope you are well :-)

Those are some stunning quotes, what brought about the decision to share :-)

Francesca xx

Francesca
    * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
    Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthistle View Post
      Aloha Mo :-),

Hope you are well :-)

Those are some stunning quotes, what brought about the decision to share :-)

Francesca xx
      Hiyah Francesca, I'm chipper thanks, You ?

The last quote is my all time favourite and someone reminded me it was the ending for a longer one which I had forgotton. Re-reading it this morning I recalled how much I loved it all and think so much of it is more and more relevant as time is slipping by us. With big upheavels in my own life this year, sometimes it doesn't hurt to take a step back and read something like this and remind yourself what is important.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Some lovely sentiments there. Especially "Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you. Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again." It's very true. I miss my Mam fiercely, but there's some comfort in knowing that our last words to each other were "I love you".
        Leigh

www.dragonratjewellery.com
        www.etsy.com/shop/dragonratjewellery
        http://dragonratjewellery.blogspot.com/
        Facebook - http://on.fb.me/lJzyQn Twitter - @Dragon_rat

Comment

Hi Mo. Thanks for that. We need reminding from time to time what the right values are. lol
          How are your plans progressing. Have you changed jobs yet?
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
            Hi Mo. Thanks for that. We need reminding from time to time what the right values are. lol
            How are your plans progressing. Have you changed jobs yet?
            Hi Carol. Just staffing the premises while they finish taking out the existing displays and then I will be FREE by the end of the week, can't wait. Have loads to do, things I have been meaning to do for ages and the new life starts in earnest although technically I am on Garden Leave till the end of September. Masses of unpaid work to get the new venture off the ground though and live off the meagre redundancy for a few months LOL You forget about the basics like getting a phone line and broadband in to my temporary office, need a photocopier, redirecting mail, etc etc. Time to stand on my own two self employed feet and get on with it I think....................Oh and really must go back to the Gym !!!

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Gym? When? You sound as if you already need 36 hours in your day.
              Carol

Comment

I love that quote, very prophetic as well. As far as having enough hours in the day....never happen. Doing a day job and trying to get my turning done as well is proving hard work, something I am not used to. as i am sort of ted up in the new venture Mo mentioned there is that looming as well. I am suddenly beoming aware that my body is at least 30 years older than my head LOL.

Pete
                "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                Facebook

Website

Comment

Oh, I see Pete. Its you that needs the gym then. lol
                  Carol

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                    I am suddenly beoming aware that my body is at least 30 years older than my head LOL.

Pete
                    Pete, your head is still 17 so a 47 year old body on a "ahem" year old man seems like a good deal to me LOL

Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                      Pete, your head is still 17 so a 47 year old body on a "ahem" year old man seems like a good deal to me LOL

Mo.XX
                      She loves yer really kid.
                      Carol

Comment

I do ????????? LOL and he's not even on here to defend himself !!

Mo.XX
                        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                        www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Perhaps just as well. Time for bed methinks. I will say goodnight.
                          Carol

Comment

Perhaps just as well. Time for bed methinks. I will say goodnight.
                            Nite nite Carol, nite nite everyone. ' See ' yah all tomorrow bright eyed and bushy tailed raring to take on the world, then again..........................

Mo.XX
                            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                            www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

I am trying very carefully not to say anything that may compromise Mo. We have a mutual pact that we will grow old disgracefully and so neither of us has any intention of growing any older. Just hope we don't wear one another out .....bickering Carol, bickering !!!!!!!!!!!

Pete
                              "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                              Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                              X