red tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red tape

I called the county clerk's office, in another state, to ask about transferring title to my father's property to me and my sister. The clerk said I need to get a lawyer. I said, "but I am calling you to get the forms for your office...doesn't the county clerk have forms I need to fill out?" She replied, "well if we do, we don't have them, so you need to get a lawyer."

Sigh.

Sounds like a real jobsworth you were talking to. Preprogrammed to send everyone to a lawyer and not care if he could help.

Roger

Comment

Waited a while, called back, got a different person, asked the same thing...they are sending the forms. No problem.

The other day I had to get a Medallion signature for some other business matters re the probate of his will - you go to your bank and sign the form and they verify your signature and face with their records.

I went to our bank, where we've banked for many years. My parents banked there. My name has been on their account for years. The same bank where I got a medallion sig re my mother's probate...but guess what. They said I have to get a lawyer.

Soooo, we went to a different branch of our bank...not problem, got it done in a matter of minutes!

OY! What a world!!

Comment

Forgot to say I presented them with a letter testamentary and her death certificate...

Comment

Sounds like USA is as bad as here for snotty nosed, know-it-all clerks.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
            Forgot to say I presented them with a letter testamentary and her death certificate...
            Surprised they accepted her death certificate, thought they might want to see her body. LOL.

Roger

Comment

Indeed...but then they'd have to do DNA testing on it, and on my father, and then on me, to be sure I am really their daughter...

Comment

Working...
              X