news of the world to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• news of the world to close

I'm happy but news international are so large but at least it's a step in the right direction

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

As I have never read it, I doubt I will miss it.

I was talking with a newspaper editor the other day, he felt that in 5 years time there will be no real newspapers still publishing?

PS - if you want to hack my phone, be prepared to be bored:-)
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

My dad worked in Fleet Street most of his life and all the printers hated Murdoch with a passion. They'll all be cheering.
      Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
      http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
      http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

I wonder how many of the journalists who had some part to play in the hacking (but have retained a very low profile, perhaps) will be out of work and how many will be shunted off to other papers in the group?
        Do not watch this space

Comment

I have not read that newspaper for many years, it is against my principles to do so. If I read a newspaper I like to be able to believe what I am reading. I grew out of fairy stories as a child.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Just been reading the reports - it seems that Rebekah Brooks will keep her job whilst all the staff on NOTW will lose theirs. Doesn't seem fair to me! Also, according to Sky News it is the common thought that it will reappear in a different guise. Appparently the domain name thesunonsunday.co.uk was purchased on 5th July - co-incidence???
            Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
            Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
            Follow me on Twitter:
            @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

I think its great news. Iv`e not bought a newspaper for over 20 years as I was disgusted with many of their unsavoury practises. I hope his sends a message to other papers and they rethink their nasty lying dirt digging ways.
              sally

Comment

I was wondering this morning that there can't be any other major news happening because BBC breakfast were boring me silly with the whole thing. I was glad to change over to Milkshake and watch The Little Princess.
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

It's sad that what's really meant to be a punishment is in itself generating such publicity, I'll bet their last edition on Sunday breaks sales figures.
                  http://luckandcharm.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Fliss View Post
                    It's sad that what's really meant to be a punishment is in itself generating such publicity, I'll bet their last edition on Sunday breaks sales figures.
                    I agree with you but delighted at the same time to see the vile excuse for a NEWSPAPER disappear. Sure Murdock takes the attitude that the crime was not in the doing of it but in the being found out. It will all just shift to the SUN which in my opinion is a watered down version of the NOTW anyway and not worth the paper it's printed on. Good ridance to bad rubbish to the lot of them.

Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk
                    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                      I agree with you but delighted at the same time to see the vile excuse for a NEWSPAPER disappear. Sure Murdock takes the attitude that the crime was not in the doing of it but in the being found out. It will all just shift to the SUN which in my opinion is a watered down version of the NOTW anyway and not worth the paper it's printed on. Good ridance to bad rubbish to the lot of them.

Mo.XX
                      Yep. Go along with that one.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Did anybody watchQuestion Time?It was a great debate.
                        Have to admit I was keener to watch it than normal as Hugh Grant was on it, I thought he came across very well.It ws like he was speaking on behalf of the everyday man.Go Hugh!
                        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Im fed up on the media thinking theyve got a right to people's private lives - now shut down the rest of the tabloids and the less savoury side of the media will start to disappear.
                          www.pebblesandpearls.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by merry View Post
                            Im fed up on the media thinking theyve got a right to people's private lives - now shut down the rest of the tabloids and the less savoury side of the media will start to disappear.
                            I agree up to a point. Frankly I don't care two hoots which footballer or actress is bonking who, married or not, sure it doesn't effect their ability to follow their 'profession', and makes not one iota of diffrence to the man on the street. On the otherhand if my taxes are going to support a politician for example whose position and security is compromised by his/her unsavoury actions putting him/her at risk of blackmail, the country's security or worse, then yes I do want to know, but not at the expense of the innocent.

Mo.XX
                            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                            www.bodrighy.co.uk
                            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I can remember the NotW from 40+ years ago & they did have some good journalism in those days, but in the last 20 odd years most papers just seem to sensationalise the headings to get the public to buy them & then the actual story is rubbish.

If I get a paper its usually the Express but thats only occasionally & the best page is the letters from the general public page.

I think News Int has sacrificed the NotW in order to bring out the Sun 7 days a week (which I think will happen in the New Year), they can get rid of loads of staff (saving wages) - appearing to be a 'good guy' by getting rid of a problem newspaper means he thinks he'll still get the go ahead to buy BSkyB which makes more money than newspapers & he'll have a monopoly in Sky TV.

Hope he doesn't get the BSkyB business to teach him a lesson - there's lots of people at the NotW who are not involved in journalism (clerks, cleaners, catering staff etc) & they've all lost their jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X