Amazon market place - been unlucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon market place - been unlucky?

I order books from Amazon quite often and have always had great service (especially considering it's free delivery) but that's directly from Amazon. In the last month I've ordered twice from Amazon marketplace sellers and both haven't arrived by the estimated date. The first order had to be resent after it still hadn't arrived after 3 weeks and the order I'm currently waiting for was due for delivery on 2nd - 4th June and it's still showing as 'being prepared'.

I probably have just been unlucky but I think I'll be sticking to actual Amazon or ebay in future.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Oddly enough. I also ordered a book from Amazon 3 weeks ago and it took so much longer than normal to get here. It did arrive and it wasn't crucial but I was surprised at the delay because, as you say, it is normally 2/3 days.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Not had a problem but looking back the only marketplace one I have used is the Book Depository and they are very quick, so annoying when delays in delivery happen.

Comment

I bought some salt cellars once from some other seller on amazon and they never arrived - apparently got lost in the post and then they were just plain unavailable to buy but at least I did get my money back straight away before I'd noticed they weren't arriving. Luckily a year later while on holiday I found the exact same salt cellars in a souvenir shop so got them then.
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I am getting worried, I am also waiting for a Thesaurus to come??????? Due today. Watch this space.
          Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
            I am getting worried, I am also waiting for a Thesaurus to come??????? Due today. Watch this space.
            I also ordered a book directly from Amazon last month and that came super quick so don't worry too much.

I've just had a reply from the seller of the item due to arrive last week and they've apologised and said they will definitely dispatch it today.
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Oh good. Feel a bit better now.
              Carol

Comment

I sell books on amazon as a market place seller. I always send out books in the next post and usually first class, but there is nothing to stop sellers sending them out second class. There is no reprimand from amazon if you don't send them out by 48 hours as it's dictated that you should.
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

lots of buyers don't bother to leave feedback on amazon either so looking at the feedback ratings isn't very helpful either.
                  full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I've usually bought direct from Amazon but bought a book a month or so ago for Samuel through the marketplace - it was very quick to arrive - I think within 2 days!!

Comment

I've always had good experiences with marketplace orders. Knock wood.

Comment

Working...
                      X